Windows 10: Image Backup - Win 10

Discus and support Image Backup - Win 10 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; If you are changing your system configuration by removing the ability to do recoveries, that is fine for you. I would prefer to keep my system in its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by badrobot, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Saltgrass Win User

Image Backup - Win 10

If you are changing your system configuration by removing the ability to do recoveries, that is fine for you. I would prefer to keep my system in its original configuration, especially when "testing" a beta. Maybe on an OEM systems, if you do not have the install media, it would be good to have other options in case of problems with the image.

The smaller partition I was referring to was the 300 MB Recovery Tools partition on UEFI installs. It will backup normally when creating a System Image, but was the cause of the Imaging problems related to Shadow Copies on the 8 to 8.1 updates. The 350 MB (MBR configuration) one was also involved on some installs. Microsoft increased the size in the later updates so I hoped they would make that size a standard for non-oem installs.

Saltgrass, Oct 4, 2014
  2. topgundcp Win User

If you are interested. Here's a 2.30 minute video on how to set options to speed up backup with Macrium:
    [youtube]IhhDU66HGyk[/youtube]

topgundcp, Oct 6, 2014
  3. rmonroe36 Win User
    Ditto here. Long time user of Acronis (present version 2015). Also use Terabytes Unlimited's Image For Windows. Both performed without issues.

Rich

rmonroe36, Oct 7, 2014
  4. endeavor Win User

Image Backup - Win 10

I've been a long time user of Acronis as well.
    I haven't bothered to install any version of it to Windows 10 yet. However of course using Acronis boot disk I've created a backup image of my Windows 10 partition just like the OP point is to do, makes it soooo easy in minutes to restore when needed as I test different things that surly I will want to image it out back to square one quickly.

endeavor, Oct 7, 2014
  5. badrobot Win User
    Thanks! Mine took longer though.. *Smile

Image Backup - Win 10 [​IMG]

badrobot, Oct 7, 2014
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Image Backup - Win 10 [​IMG]

Still very good time. Cheers !!!

topgundcp, Oct 7, 2014
  7. BillyBob Win User
    Damn, 10 minutes, my poor old computer is getting a bit slow.

BillyBob, Oct 7, 2014
  8. badrobot Win User

Image Backup - Win 10

It's not just the machine, topgun and I are using exactly the same SSD (Samsung Evo). And it also depends where you are saving the image. If it's on external hard drive, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 also makes a big difference, too.

badrobot, Oct 7, 2014
  9. BillyBob Win User
    Yeah Core2 Duo 3GHZ 25GB USB 2.0 and portable Seagate not SSD, but I used the same portable on a USB 3.0 Mac Mini Core i7 with Windows 8.1 in bootcamp and it took 17 Minutes for 52 GB, still pretty good.
    I'm happy with that, but I thought the Mini would have been a bit quicker with USB3.

BillyBob, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Image Backup - Win 10

1. Image Backup - Win 10 - Similar Threads - Image Backup

2. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  3. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  4. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  5. Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image

Windows Apps on drive that windows is not on? - Backup System Image: This started when I was trying to migrate my windows onto a new drive, I was doing it via an image and USB flash drive. while going through the process I had to select which drive I wanted it on and which drives it was going to take windows from. one of them was a drive E...
  6. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  7. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...
  8. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  9. why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...

why i am not able to restore system image backup ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third...: why i am not able to restore sib ? in windows 11, i need to backup by third party tool and use it to restore sib. but by ms sib option not work to restore, only i can backup but not restore by ms, why ms not creating restore tool as portable so any where it can be restored....
  10. Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I still access my files using Windows Image Backup due to not making a System Image...: I'm trying to recover an older version of my PC to locate some missing files. The problem is, I backed up my PC using Windows Image Backup WIB, but I didn't create a System Image. I was using Windows 11, and i reinstalled windows. When I go on Disk Management, the drive is...