Windows 10: Image backups with Windows 10S.

Discus and support Image backups with Windows 10S. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I asked Macrium Reflect Developers if they were going to develop a UWP version like the Win32 version. They said it was not possible as Reflect needs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, Oct 7, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Image backups with Windows 10S.

I asked Macrium Reflect Developers if they were going to develop a UWP version like the Win32 version. They said it was not possible as Reflect needs admin rights.

I guess that means you can only backup using a Winpse version, losing benefit of scheduling and being able to use PC whilst backup is being done.

Does anybody know if the Windows 10 SIB (deprecated feature) works in Win 10S?

:)

cereberus, Oct 7, 2017

2. Image Backups

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, it is a good idea to back up on a different external drive for each PC.

If you are using the same drive for all 3 PC, in case the drive gets corrupted then you will loss the back up of all 3 PC.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 7, 2017
  3. Image Backups

I am attempting to make complete image backups of three of my computers. All are Windows 10 machines. I have already done a complete image backup on one of the computers to a 1TB external drive. Can I, or how do I use that same drive to make image backups
    of the other two computers, and if I can, how will I know which one is which?

FrankTolian, Oct 7, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

I doubt it, that's not a UWP either. It dates back to Windows 7 and you can start it in 'normal' Windows with the command line (or shortcut):
    %windir%\System32\sdclt.exe /BLBBACKUPWIZARD

I don't have Windows 10S, perhaps someone who does could try?

Edit: and yes, from a standard account you need admin rights, UAC asks for an admin password to run it.

Bree, Oct 7, 2017
  5. DavidY Win User
    I'm sure someone posted something about Windows 10 S "Manufacturing Mode" "Maintenance mode" which could be used to install apps before switching on Windows 10 S proper. So maybe that could be used? Not sure how it would cope with installing version updates to Macrium though.

DavidY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Image backups with Windows 10S. - Similar Threads - Image backups 10S

2. Windows media player -10s +10s

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows media player -10s +10s: is there an option to go back and forth of 10-second in the video using the keyboard arrows? and also pause/stop the video using the space bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-10s-10s/517aab7f-b11f-4734-b20e-152813612edb
  3. image backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  4. image backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  5. Windows Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Image Backup: Hello,I was creating widows image backup and at the end it says:The backup failed. New bad clusters were found on the source volume. These clusters were not backed up.what should i do and the shrink space is 8GbOs info:Windows 10 Home 20h1Any solutions and can i use that...
  6. Image Backup

Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  7. Windows image backup

Windows image backup: I had made a system backup, but it do not working. Probably I made something wrong, making changes in several partitions between backup been made and now. I need to delete this backup file but system do not allow this intention....
  8. image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    image backup?: Your're welcome. Now make an image backup of your system so you can always recover to a fully functional computer. image backup? you mean iso? and how? 50301
  9. Making image backup of Win 10S.

Making image backup of Win 10S.: I contacted Macrium and asked if they would be bringing a uwp app out to image backup Win 10S, and they said it was not possible due to admin restrictions. The only way with 3rd party tools is to backup from a winpse session. Strangely enough, Windows own system image...
  10. Image backup.

Image backup.: Trying to do an image backup in W10 "The drives that are required for windows to run will be included by default." The os is on disk drive c Another internal disk drive, H is classified by w10 as a system disk and also has to be backed up by default. Both C and H are...