Windows 10: Image of two partitions

Discus and support Image of two partitions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've a SSD with windows 10,other SATA HD with programs. Is it possible to create an single image of both systems for future restoring purposes? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jaca, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jaca Win User

Image of two partitions

I've a SSD with windows 10,other SATA HD with programs. Is it possible to create an single image of both systems for future restoring purposes?
    Thanks

:)

jaca, Jun 6, 2016

2. How Do I make 2 Drives one

I'm trying to merge. I have two disks the old HD and a new SSD. They have the same image on both. The image has two partitions. I want to merge the two partitions on my SSD. Then I will just remove my old HD. I don't think Win 10 works well on such
    a small (12 gig) partition. But the OS does not work if I just copy it to the bigger partition.

ROCKINGROBBINS, Jun 6, 2016
  3. Can't merge a partition to the main partition.

Image of two partitions [​IMG]
    I
    have a C: partition with 416 GB of space but unfortunately, I can't merge it with an empty partition with 48 GB. There is no option to extend partition but only 'Shrink volume' for the C:. Is there any other way to merge these two partitions?

Redza Imran, Jun 6, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Image of two partitions

As far as I know images of the hard drives will be separate images but they will be contained in a single backup location for the date and time you made the system image so that they are tied together. This is typical behaviour of most packages I have used including the W10 system imaging option.

philc43, Jun 7, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Macrium Reflect will only allow you to combine multiple partitions into one image if the partitions are all on the same HDD/SSD.

NavyLCDR, Jun 7, 2016
  6. jaca Win User
    Shoot...

jaca, Jun 8, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is it all that disastrous to have two separate image files?

NavyLCDR, Jun 8, 2016
  8. jaca Win User

Image of two partitions

If rebuild the two images makes a new system the SAME I have in both partitions, with all funccionalities, then no, no problems.

jaca, Jun 9, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    It should. You might have to manually assign the original drive letters to the restored partitions; but, actually, the drive letter assignment should be restored when you restore the partition containing the operating system.

NavyLCDR, Jun 9, 2016
  10. topgundcp Win User
    Incorrect !!!
    @jaca
    Yes, you can create a single image for multiple drives using Macrium Reflect. Just put a check marks on disks that you want to image. See screen shots:

To restore:

topgundcp, Jun 9, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Thank you for the correction!

NavyLCDR, Jun 9, 2016
  12. jaca Win User
    It's going better, now!

Thema:

Image of two partitions

1. Image of two partitions - Similar Threads - Image partitions

2. The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...: Hi thereI am in a dilemma, that I hope someone can help me understand and solve.I normally make Windows Image Backups of my diverse notebooks and sometimes for some reason like one of those notebooks being dead or merely wanting to access the data on one of those HDDs on...
  3. The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't recognizable ...: Hi thereI am in a dilemma, that I hope someone can help me understand and solve.I normally make Windows Image Backups of my diverse notebooks and sometimes for some reason like one of those notebooks being dead or merely wanting to access the data on one of those HDDs on...
  4. Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.: I am running into this issue and followed the instructions to resize my windows recovery partition....
  5. Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.

Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.: I am running into this issue and followed the instructions to resize my windows recovery partition....
  6. Resizing the recovery partition: The Windows RE image was not found.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows RE image not found after resizing recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RE image not found after resizing recovery partition: Hey I was having trouble with one of the most recent Windows updates, so I looked online to find some solutions. I found that I needed to increase my recovery partition so I followed a video guide on youtube to do that using both cmd admin prompts and the minitool partition...
  8. Windows RE image not found after resizing recovery partition

Windows RE image not found after resizing recovery partition: Hey I was having trouble with one of the most recent Windows updates, so I looked online to find some solutions. I found that I needed to increase my recovery partition so I followed a video guide on youtube to do that using both cmd admin prompts and the minitool partition...
  9. Windows RE image not found after resizing recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Bad image error popup on window after i install ubuntu on partition

Bad image error popup on window after i install ubuntu on partition: Also search bar is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-image-error-popup-on-window-after-i-install/fa956462-9a36-4de9-b5ce-9df052013679