Windows 10: Image restoration question using Reflect

Discus and support Image restoration question using Reflect in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; A couple of questions about restoring images with Macrium Reflect. I decided to reconfigure my system. This is what my system looked like: C: drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by storageman, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Image restoration question using Reflect

A couple of questions about restoring images with Macrium Reflect.

I decided to reconfigure my system. This is what my system looked like: C: drive = 250gb SSD, D: drive 250gb spinner, G*Sad70gb) & S*Sad200gb) drives on a 270gb spinner.
    This is what I wanted it to look like: c: drive 250gb SSD, D*Sad333gb) G*Sad10gb) S*Sad100gb) drives on a 500gb SSD.

What I did:

Created image backups of D:, G:, and S:

R&R the drives

Restored D:, Then resized the D: partition to 333gb with Aomei Partition wizard and created the 2 remaining partitions.

When I went to restore G:, it would only allow me to overwrite the entire 500gb SSD. I said no, maybe I shouldn't create the empty partitions, so I removed them and tried it again. It again only wanted to overwrite the entire disk.

My question is What should of I done to restore the images to the sizes that I wanted them to be ?

All suggestions will be appreciated.

:)

storageman, Dec 29, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How to transfer ssd to new computer with windows 10 without formating?

You need to make an image of the SSD with imaging software that supports restores to dissimilar hardware. One example is

Macrium Reflect
    with their Redploy feature. Another is
    AOEMEI Backupper
    with the Dissimlar Harware/Universal Restore feature.

For more examples of software you can use, search the web for: image restore to dissimlar hardware.

BulldogXX, Dec 29, 2017
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Relocate Windows 10 partition

Create a system image, wipe the drive and restore the image. You can use the free version of

Macrium Reflect
    to create/restore the image. Back up your data first.

JimWynne, Dec 29, 2017
  4. RolandJS Win User

Image restoration question using Reflect

There should be a sub-menu that allows you to specify the target partition and the size of said target partition. I'll listen in and learn alongside you, I need to relearn where that sub-menu is. I'm using MR7, however. I think MR6 & MR7 have that same sub-menu.

RolandJS, Dec 30, 2017
Thema:

Image restoration question using Reflect

1. Image restoration question using Reflect - Similar Threads - Image restoration question

2. Macrium Reflect Image Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect Image Question: I had a snapshot of my image saved in a external drive when I booted up my laptop for the first time. I recently did a restore due to some problems on my laptop using the image, but I accidentally deleted the image right after I restored my laptop. Seeing what I did, I...
  3. Restoring Macrium Reflect image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Macrium Reflect image: I really need help. Let me say first that the image I made with MR is about 1.5 yrs old. I see no reason why that should matter. I opened Macrium Reflect and went to the Restore heading. There I browsed to and selected the image I wanted to restore. This is what I see:...
  4. Clone and Restore with Macrium Reflect - question

Clone and Restore with Macrium Reflect - question: Macrium Reflect is used in Win 10 to periodically clone the C: drive HD partitions to a separate backup HD. When sometime ago there was a problem with the existing C: drive (Win 10 1803), the first remedy method tried was to boot the system from the Reflect recovery optical...
  5. Can't restore image made with Reflect and using Reflect

Can't restore image made with Reflect and using Reflect: I made an image on my Dell xps 13 (win10pro) while running fine. I tried to install a win10 image from another notebook using redeploy. It wouldn't work as it said I had to have a paid version on the xps. So I corrupted the xps by installing the new image so it won't boot. I...
  6. Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect

Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect: In the past I was able to restore a Disk Image in the Windows 10 interface without using the Rescue Disk. Lately this is no longer possible and restoration through the Rescue Disk is the only way now. This is not a big hassle but it is an unwelcome nag. Is it possible to go...
  7. Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect

Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect: I made an Image backup of Windows 10 64 Bit the other day using the free version of Macrium Reflect v.7. I am having a spot of trouble on my Dell laptop and decided I would restore the system from Macrium. What I failed to do, I am beginning to understand, was to make the...
  8. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  9. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  10. Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect: I am in the process of creating an Image of HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook now. Once it completes I would really appreciate getting some steps to follow to restore it. The Laptop I have Macrium Reflect running on now will have the HD replaced as it on the verge of failing...