Windows 10: Image

Discus and support Image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The HDDs on y desktop displayed errors to often, so I decided to replace them (RAID1 configuration). I have dual boot, Win 7 and Win 10. I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Willy9000, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Willy9000 Win User

The HDDs on y desktop displayed errors to often, so I decided to replace them (RAID1 configuration).

I have dual boot, Win 7 and Win 10.

I installed Win 7 first and then Win 10, both from scratch.

However, in order to keep some licenses for some programs, I loaded an image of Win 10.

To my surprise, after the Win 10 image was fully functional, the Win 7 folder (separate partition) was empty (and also another partition DATA).

Before replacing the HDDs I had made an Win 7 image in Win 7 and a Win 10 image in Win 10. However, it seems that making an image with Win OS copies the whole disk and not just the partition.

Is it possible just to make an image of just a single OS or Partition?

Willy

:)

Willy9000, Aug 27, 2018

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 27, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Image [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 27, 2018
  4. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Image - Similar Threads - Image

2. Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows: I have been a hobby photographer since my father gave me my first camera in the 1970s. I was using a Canon EOS 70D and a EOS 6D until I replaced them both with a EOS R6 a couple of months ago. I have normally been using JPEG format, but sometimes I have been storing images in...
  3. Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon EOS R6 .HIF images not usable in Windows: I have been a hobby photographer since my father gave me my first camera in the 1970s. I was using a Canon EOS 70D and a EOS 6D until I replaced them both with a EOS R6 a couple of months ago. I have normally been using JPEG format, but sometimes I have been storing images in...
  4. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  5. Deleting a custom image from the desktop background

Deleting a custom image from the desktop background: Hopefully someone can assist with this. I've added an image to my desktop background. I now would like to delete it or make it inactive. I've tried assigning one of the default images, my image will pop up after a few minutes. I've changed from Picture to Slideshow and adjust...
  6. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  7. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  8. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?: I'm finding that the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen is repeating images over and over again, even after I've rated it once, they come back and ask me to re-rate it again. This has been happening over the past year or so. In the past, you'd just get a new image and you'd...
  9. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?: I'm finding that the Windows 10 Spotlight lock screen is repeating images over and over again, even after I've rated it once, they come back and ask me to re-rate it again. This has been happening over the past year or so. In the past, you'd just get a new image and you'd...
  10. Windows Spotlight in Windows 10 lock screen repeating the same images over and over?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen