Windows 10: Images won't open with Microsoft Photos

Discus and support Images won't open with Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot seem to open images when in file explorer. I have tried double clicking and also right clicking and using "Open" and "Open with" Photos, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew De Caussin1, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Images won't open with Microsoft Photos

I cannot seem to open images when in file explorer. I have tried double clicking and also right clicking and using "Open" and "Open with" Photos, but at most I get a loading circle on my cursor briefly. I've tried repairing and resetting the app in the settings, but nothing has worked. I know the images are okay, as the open successfully in programs like Paint or Snipping Tool, but Photos just won't open.

:)

Andrew De Caussin1, Jun 12, 2024

2. Windows won`t open an program when using Microsoft user

Windows won`t open an program when I try to open it with Microsoft account user, but when I login with local account, that program opens. I have tried with 2 Microsoft accounts, 1 admin and 1 normal user, and it won`t open in either one of them. What can cause this?

***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Tilit, profiilit ja kirjautuminen***

Juho Vainikka, Jun 12, 2024
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 12, 2024
  4. Images won't open with Microsoft Photos

UNABLE TO OPEN IMAGES AND VIDEOS

Hi,

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting steps listed in the article given by
    Robert Caw? It was posted above.

As a workaround, you may try these steps:

• Right-click the photo or video.
    • You'll see a pop-up box, choose Open With.
    • Then choose Paint or Photos to open an image.

(There are also options to open videos when you click Open With.)

We look forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

Images won't open with Microsoft Photos

1. Images won't open with Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Images won't open

2. Images won't open with Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images won't open with Microsoft Photos: I cannot seem to open images when in file explorer. I have tried double clicking and also right clicking and using "Open" and "Open with" Photos, but at most I get a loading circle on my cursor briefly. I've tried repairing and resetting the app in the settings, but nothing...
  3. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.: It's been a while since my Photos app got very laggy and unreasonably slow, so yesterday i decided to try to find the solution for it. I stumbled upon the thread :...
  4. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.: It's been a while since my Photos app got very laggy and unreasonably slow, so yesterday i decided to try to find the solution for it. I stumbled upon the thread :...
  5. Microsoft Store, Photos, and Solitaire won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. photos won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photos won't open: When I try to open pictures, I get an error message that says:"The file couldn't be opened.Sorry,this file is corrupted and cannot be opened." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-wont-open/3e910995-ddaa-4d4b-b7a8-165b26e48fab
  7. Microsoft Photos App won't open

Microsoft Photos App won't open: Hallo everybody! I experienced some problem with my laptop. Every time I tried to open the Microsoft Photos App it won't open. I am aware that all my photos are safe in my computer but the use of the app was very friendly and easy to manage and I really would like to have...
  8. Microsoft photos just opens one image

Microsoft photos just opens one image: Hello! I have an interesting bug, it's not a dealbreaker but it can be anoying sometimes. So when I open a picture with the microsoft photos app (from explorer) sometimes only one picture opens and I can't see the next ones. So it looks like if I just have that one image in...
  9. Microsoft Photo won't open

Microsoft Photo won't open: Microsoft Photo won't open. I reset it, repaired it, then uninstalled and reinstalled it. It just won't open. I am using. Windows 10 and the updates are updated. Any ideas?...
  10. Photos won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos won't open: Computer has been freezing like crazy but since last update when I try to open my photos I get the message.... This app can't open. There's a problem with Photos. Contact your system administrator about repairing or reinstalling it. Tried the systems quick test but it...