Windows 10: Imaging a disk with macrium

Discus and support Imaging a disk with macrium in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just won't do it. It says can't make an image of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by KY COLONEL, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Imaging a disk with macrium

I have tried several times to make an image of a windows 7 disk.. Using macrium reflect and it just
    won't do it. It says can't make an image of this disk.. no reason given. On the same computer
    with another disk that has windows 10, it works just fine, i can image it ok. Just wondering if anyone
    else has run into this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it..
    By the way, windows 7 and 10 both work just fine, no problems.
    Any and all help very much appreciated.

:)

KY COLONEL, Aug 29, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How can developers create entire custom Windows 10 instance images for future recovery?

Are you referring to a disk image?

What is a disk image?

You can make your own disk images with disk image software.
    Macrium Reflect
    is an example.

BulldogXX, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Windows Boot Sector corrupted

Does your HDD installation still work? If so then this would be the correct procedure to follow:

• Use Macrium Reflect (or a similar tool) to create an image of your installation.
    • Disconnect the HDD, connect the SSD.
    • Boot the machine with the Macrium Reflect bootable rescue flash disk.
    • Restore the image to the SSD.
    In general: When restoring images you must make sure at the first reboot to connect the new disk only. If both disks are connected then you risk ruining both installations.

Frederik Long, Aug 29, 2015
  4. sgage Win User

Imaging a disk with macrium

Have you tried it from the bootable CD environment?

sgage, Aug 30, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    If a disk contains bad sectors then Macrium will not work unless you set it to skip bad sectors. Open Admin Command Prompt and run chkdsk :X /r where X: is the drive letter of your Windows 7.
    In addition, set VSS Options as shown:

Imaging a disk with macrium [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 30, 2015
  6. roban Win User
    Make sure Volume Shadow Copy Service is running

roban, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Imaging a disk with macrium

1. Imaging a disk with macrium - Similar Threads - Imaging disk macrium

2. Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Imaging a Linux (or Windows) Disk without Macrium -- Not cloning: Hi folks Again the wonders of DD -- if you need to image (not clone as that's simple enough) a disk for use as a backup and you don't have an available copy of Macrium to hand it's very easy to use DD to image a disk to a file and restore it. Works on any type of disk....
  3. Dismounting Macrium Images

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  4. Dismounting Macrium Images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dismounting Macrium Images: I'm having a problem on two different systems dismounting Macrium images. One is running V2004 with licensed Macrium and one is running V1909 with a free copy of Macrium. Macrium is the latest version. One thing in common are the Images are large, 200GB+, one is in excess...
  5. Macrium Free disk imaging

Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  6. Macrium Restore Image

Macrium Restore Image: I just performed a clean install from 1809 ISO saved the MR image of the clean install to my ext. USB HD and 64GB 3.0 flash drive. This morning I tested the clean install from the flash drive, MR went through all the image restore set up then I received an error message...
  7. Macrium image mystery

Macrium image mystery: I have two images as below [img] [img] [img] Image 2 starting with A9 occupies 16.4 GB in disk but its disk volume is 25.39GB. Image 1 starting with 1C occupies 15.6Gb in disk but its disk volume 27.5GB. Why this anomaly? 117906
  8. Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found'

Restored Macrium Reflect 6.3 image will not boot 'boot disk not found': Windows 10 Pro, Toshiba Satellite upgraded from OEM Win 8. Created system image w/ Macrium and restored it to a new second HD(HD2). Both drives had a lot of partitions due to Win 8 upgraded to Win 8.1 and back to Win 8 prior to upgrade to Win 10. The laptop will have either...
  9. Macrium - What to Image?

Macrium - What to Image?: Setting up my new Windows 10 Home desktop. Downloaded Macrium Version 6 Free and made a rescue disk. Everything is on the C: drive. Version 6 gives me 2 choices of images: 1. Image selected disks. 2. Image partitions required to backup and restore Windows. Choice 2...
  10. How do I mount a Macrium disk image?

How do I mount a Macrium disk image?: The images I have are in the form: XXXXXX.mrimg. How do I mount an image so I can read and use individual files and folders? Thank you. 60278