Windows 10: imaging

Discus and support imaging in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I see where macrium is charging now. I have all my images with them but 80$ per pc per year is steep for a retiree. It will be a lot of work to switch.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by maranna, Jan 24, 2016.

1. maranna Win User

imaging

I see where macrium is charging now. I have all my images with them but 80$ per pc per year is steep for a retiree. It will be a lot of work to switch.
    Aomei and paragon are free but they soon will follow Acronis and macrium if I have any business sense.
    I was thinking about Win 7 native imaging program but i read it has limits like only one backup.
    Maybe I can retrieve the last macrium image which is clean and update it then image it with both Win and Aomei. If the latter changes I still have Windows. Any observations?

:)

maranna, Jan 24, 2016

2. E51 IMAGING

does anybody know how to fix the noise in the pictures taken by E51 especially at night??

sashaatallah, Jan 24, 2016
  3. korngear Win User
    E51 IMAGING

How can I tell when it is two megapixel and this stage camera always tends to do so. I always try to shoot pic (if I have to do with my 2mpixel N91)before the light to shooting objetcs.

Besides, after taken pics can be ited by good software like ACD SEE etc.

korngear, Jan 24, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

imaging

Care to point us to where you got that information on Macrium?

Word Man, Jan 24, 2016
  5. DeaconFrost, Jan 24, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    Macrium is still free for personal use as DeaconFrost says. I am not aware of any intent to charge for personal use at the moment.

There is no limit on the number of windows 7 image backups, you just have to rename the backups each time so you do not overwrite older versions. Macrium is far superior.

cereberus, Jan 24, 2016
  7. maranna Win User
    I tried every angle. As you go through the upgrade to ver 6 process it will only give you 2 choices unlike before.; 1-license or 2- trial/free. When i chose the latter it said my free use expires in 30 days.
    I like Aomei but lost all my Macrium images.It is not till you are installing ver 6 that you will see.

maranna, Jan 25, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

imaging

You must be using wrong link.

http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v6/ReflectDL.exe

Just done it again, selected free, and chose not to register.

It specifically says free edition on splash screens.

cereberus, Jan 25, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Same here. Still just as free as it ever was.

Their website still references the always free version vs. the home version (which does have a trial period):
    Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, Jan 25, 2016
  10. maranna Win User
    I blundered and lost my images. I tried 3 links and each said free not trial. When I started the install process, then and ony then, the only option was trial.
    I guess I asked too late - we will see. This is not sour grapes but I like Aomei and it is faster.
    Thank you for the information.
    Peter

maranna, Jan 25, 2016
  11. WHS
    whs Win User
    Why do you have to jump on version 6. What's wrong with version 5 where I never had a problem.

12. maranna Win User
    I received an email that as of a certain date version 6 will be used. This was why I began to look into it.

maranna, Jan 25, 2016
  13. WHS
    whs Win User

imaging

Version 5 is still working. That's what I use.

14. cereberus Win User
    Sure if it meets your needs. Same is true of any software.

However new versions equal more options usually.

I particularly like the new differential backups and the ability to make it as a boot option (so unless hdd fails or OS is badly corrupted, you do not even need a boot stick).

cereberus, Jan 25, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    Frankly, I'm surprised you're still not on DOS 5 with 8" floppies.

NavyLCDR, Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

imaging

1. imaging - Similar Threads - imaging

2. what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?: I am getting an error when trying to make a master image, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' how do I resolve this...
  3. what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?: I am getting an error when trying to make a master image, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' how do I resolve this...
  4. what does, "failed to create image due to metadata errors in file system' error mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  6. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found: Hey, I am receiving 'The Window RE image was not found' on my PC when running reagentc /enable in command prompt . I can see there is a recovery partition so a little stumped.I was attempting the below which has worked on various other...
  7. Recovery Partition - The Window RE image was not found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows microsoft whiteboard cannot export an image or pdf file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows microsoft whiteboard cannot export an image or pdf file?: Hi,Last week, I could put many images or PDF files on the whiteboard, but I can't now. The error message below appears after I select a photo or PDF file. The image was a PNG file. What do you suggest I do to fix this problem?...
  9. Windows microsoft whiteboard cannot export an image or pdf file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows microsoft whiteboard cannot export an image or pdf file?: Hi,Last week, I could put many images or PDF files on the whiteboard, but I can't now. The error message below appears after I select a photo or PDF file. The image was a PNG file. What do you suggest I do to fix this problem?...
  10. Windows microsoft whiteboard cannot export an image or pdf file?