Windows 10: Immediate crash Opening Outlook 2016

Discus and support Immediate crash Opening Outlook 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When starting Outlook 2016, a User Account Control dialog comes up asking for permission to "allow this app to make changes". Clicking OK, causes an... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kupuna, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

Immediate crash Opening Outlook 2016

When starting Outlook 2016, a User Account Control dialog comes up asking for permission to "allow this app to make changes". Clicking OK, causes an immediate crash to desktop and "Outlook has stopped working" message.
    Starting a second time brings up a dialog "do you want to start in Safe Mode". Previously that would also crash with the "Outlook" profile. I created a new clean profile that will allow a restart in Safe Mode, where Outlook works normally.
    I have no idea where to begin in troubleshooting this problem. I'm using Office 16.0.7070,2033. I did find an AppCrash file for the incident. The only part I understood was the reference to MSPST.dll. I will attach the file. Thanks for taking a look at this.

:)

Kupuna, Aug 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 Version 1709 Issues

After updating from Windows 10 Version 1703 to Windows 10 Version 1709 yesterday, my Lenovo ThinkPad laptop immediately had the following issues:

1. All previously installed and perfectly working Microsoft Office 2016 Programs (Outlook 2016, Word 2016, Excel 2016, etc.) will not run (immediately crash upon opening) unless set to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility Mode. All Office 2016 programs
    ran fine under Windows 10 Versions 1607 & 1703 with no compatibility setting (mode) required.

2. At least 1 other previously installed and perfectly working program will not run (immediately crashes upon opening) unless set to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Compatibility Mode.

3. Upon Startup, Sign-in Screen will not display Lock Screen photo even though "show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is set to On in Settings.

4. You have to Sign-in 2x upon Startup. Windows ignores the first Sign-in.

Is anyone else having these problems after the update to Windows 10 Version 1709? If so, how did you solve them? Thank you!

Mark M. New York, Aug 6, 2016
  3. KK_SH Win User
    Default Outlook 2016.

Hi,

My MYOB cant use outlook 2016 as default email on windows 10. Is outlook 2016 and Mail app conflict on windows 10 because my outlook 2016 keep crashing.

Can I Uninstall windows Mail app.

Thanks

KK_SH, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

Immediate crash Opening Outlook 2016

1. Immediate crash Opening Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Immediate crash Opening

2. Outlook 2016 crashes when mail window opened or new mail etc.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 crashes when mail window opened or new mail etc.: I experience Outlook 2016 crash after opening mail window or clicking new e-mail button etc. It does not crash if the program is opened, but no action. I have disabled all add-ins, no help. Crashes also in safe mode. Tried repair installation, problem persists. Any help...
  3. ROCCAT Swarm Software Opens and Then Crashes Immediately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ROCCAT Swarm Software Opens and Then Crashes Immediately: I own a ROCCAT LeadR gaming mouse and it has worked fine up until recently but now the software work stay open which renders the mouse unusable. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times and nothing seems to work. The software seems to immediately crash upon...
  4. Command prompt crashes immediately after opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command prompt crashes immediately after opening: When I run command prompt whether directly or by running it as an administrator, it opens and closes immediately, I have made windows upgrade by downloading the tool from Microsoft website, and I have chosen to keep my files and settings. The problem persisted. How can I...
  5. 3D paint crashes immediately after opening

3D paint crashes immediately after opening: ok first 3d paint was working normally, however one day I was working on paint (the old one) I thought of clicking the 3d paint logo in the tool bar suddenly it open and crashed without any reason, from that time every time I try to open 3d paint it crashes without giving a...
  6. Windows Voice Recorder Crashes Immediately After Opening

Windows Voice Recorder Crashes Immediately After Opening: When I click the voice recorder app it shows the loading screen and then immediately crashes. I don't even get to the actual app before it crashes. I've troubleshooted and nothing came up as a problem. I reset the app and it didn't work. I'm fully updated on this PC. It was...
  7. Outlook 2016/365 Crashing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016/365 Crashing: I have been a long time user of MS Office from 2003, through 2007 to 2010. Recently I decided to take up the subscription for 2016/365 Home with the intention of installing on my desktop PC and laptop plus my wife's laptop (all running W10x64 Home). Having installed 2016/365...
  8. Outlook 2016 opening URL links

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 opening URL links: Dear fellow members I hope you can help with an issue that I am facing at my work. I work in the IT department and all of the users are facing an annoying issue within the office applications specifically Outlook 2016. Whenever someone receives a mail with a URL link...
  9. Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Immediately Crashes Upon Opening: Hello, I am trying to update my Windows 10 version but every time I load the Windows Update application it immediately closes. I have tried starting Windows in Safe Mode and the application does not close immediately but there is a constant stream of horizontal loading...
  10. Apps Immediately Crash

Apps Immediately Crash: Hi Everyone, I've run into this problem where I'm offline and I open a modern app, I might see the app for a moments, but then immediately closes or crashes. It doesn't seem to happen to the mall/calendar app that comes with Windows 10. I've noticed though that sometimes...