Windows 10: Import contacts into Mail

Discus and support Import contacts into Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Tony Vella, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Import contacts into Mail

Can someone please tell me how to import my Thunderbird email contacts into Win10 Mail? I have exported my TB address book to a cvs file if that is any help.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Jun 6, 2017
  2. ¡Firedog Win User

How to import Windows Live Mail contacts into Mail in Windows 10

You add the same Microsoft Account in the Mail app as you used to sign in with in Windows Live Mail. Then it should all happen automatically. This was always one of the main benefits of signing in in Windows Live Mail; nowadays it's the only benefit.

If you now say but I never used to sign in in Windows Live Mail, you will hopefully realize how short-sighted this was. However, you can go through the procedure of exporting your default contacts to a CSV file using the
    Export button in Windows Live Mail's Contacts window. Then sign in at
    people.live.com
    with the same Microsoft Account as you have configured in Mail on Windows 10 and use the
    Import contacts function on the Manage menu to import the CSV you just saved. Once they've been imported, they will eventually trickle down to People and Mail in Windows 10. It might take a few hours, though.

¡Firedog, Jun 6, 2017
  3. How to import Windows Live Mail contacts into Mail in Windows 10

How do I imort my old WIndows Livemail contacts to Windows 10 mail?

[Original subject: Mail in Windows !)]

ColinLodge1, Jun 6, 2017
  4. Import contacts into Mail

Hi Tony.

You would import them into your Web based mail, outlook.com, gmail.

When you sign into W10 mail and it uses that account for the People app it should sync and they will appear.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 6, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    The linked People App is where contacts are, the link is next to the Cog in The Mail App.
    You can't use the *.CSV file directly however you can link with a Gmail Account.
    Use the Webmail interface for Gmail > Contacts > More > Import > Contacts from CSV.

You maybe able to do this with an Outlook Mail Account, though I don't find that specific option.
    Or maybe some other Account you have selected in the People App, or setup in the Mail App.

Helmut, Jun 6, 2017
  6. Thanks, Helmut. The csv imported like a charm. Absolutely!

Tony Vella, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Import contacts into Mail

1. Import contacts into Mail - Similar Threads - Import contacts Mail

2. Import mailboxes and contacts to windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import mailboxes and contacts to windows 10 mail: Can I import my folders .fol and/or mailboxes mbx from Eudora 7 to windows10 Mail. Also contacts nnt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-mailboxes-and-contacts-to-windows-10-mail/cebd8601-22f3-47e0-bb92-dc90e56860bd
  3. windows mail importing contacts from yahoo.com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows mail importing contacts from yahoo.com: how can I import contacts list from my yahoo.com account into my ms windows mail? Yahoo created a cvs file but i can't download it into my mail account...
  4. Import email contacts from Window Mail

Import email contacts from Window Mail: I recently purchased a new windows 10 computer. Is their a method to import my contacts from the older computer wirelessly? Fortunately the older computer works and I guess that a couple could be made and transferred somehow. Thanks for any help....
  5. How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import contacts into Windows 10 Mail: How do we import contacts into Windows 10 Mail, this seems to be an unanswered problem effecting many people. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-import-contacts-into-windows-10-mail/a2f9786c-c706-4817-956c-86fa45c1f8d6
  6. window mail importing contacts

window mail importing contacts: I have contacts exported from outlook that I would like to import into mail. In these contacts I have groups. I see some (very old) contacts show up in my people but nothing current. How can I make a direct import into this program?...
  7. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  8. Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app

Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app: I am trying to import my email contact list from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 mail app. It says to import contacts to the People app but that doesn't seem to work. I have the file on a SD card in the .csv format...any ideas? Thanks...
  9. Import old e-mail and contacts

Import old e-mail and contacts: Just purchased new Win 10 PC. Microsoft Mail app on PC and I'm looking to import my e-mail files from old PC. I have slaved the old HD in a USB case and have access to all data. However when I open Microsoft Mail I can not find where to import....
  10. Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista

in Browsers and Email
    Importing mail and contacts from Windows mail in Vista: I am trying to move the email for a friend after she got a Windows 10 laptop. Her old pc is on Vista. After searching I have that there is no way to import email into the new Windows mail in Windows 10. Can anybody recommend a good free email app that can import the mail and...