Windows 10: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10

Discus and support Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Cliff S New Member

Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10

How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10

How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10

Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in Chrome that you can also add your favorite websites you visit frequently on to make opening them faster and more convenient.

This tutorial will show you how to import favorites from Microsoft Edge to Google Chrome bookmarks for your account in Windows 10.

Note Starting in in Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10565 and Windows 10 TH2 version 10511 build 10568, your favorites and favorites bar in Microsoft Edge are now stored in an ESE database file in the DataStore folder at the location below.

Code:
    CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome Bookmarks using an HTML File
    • Option Two: To Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome Bookmarks in Chrome

OPTION ONE [/i] To Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome Bookmarks using an HTML File
    1. Export your favorites from Microsoft Edge to HTML file.

2. Import the HTML from Microsoft Edge to Chrome.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome Bookmarks in Chrome
    1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    . button, click/tap on Bookmarks, and click/tap on Import bookmarks and settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Select Microsoft Edge in the drop menu, select (check or uncheck) the items you want to import, and click/tap on Import. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished importing, turn on or off to Show bookmarks bar in Chrome for what you want, and click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Feb 21, 2017

2. Favorites disappeared after installing Windows 10

Hi,

Nice to meet you!

You can import your favorites from IE or Chrome directly into your new browser "Microsoft Edge". Click

here
    to see instructions.

Thank You!

Winston_Lai, Feb 21, 2017
  3. Losing Favorites In Edge?

Interesting development. I imported my IE favorites to Google Chrome then I imported the Chrome favorites into Edge. Guess what. I started loosing some of the same Favorites from the Chrome import to Edge as the IE import to Edge.

That seems really odd.

GeneArquilla, Feb 21, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Cliff, *Smile

I had a play with it, and it doesn't seem the normal method to directly import favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome isn't working in Chrome right now.

I've updated the tutorial to do so via an HTML file instead for now to help.

Brink, Feb 21, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    *Thumbs I had to play with it for a while till it finally worked, they should do like Microsoft when they add something new, and open the browser to a information page of what's new, after an update, and maybe even have a link there for more information... come to think of it, all browsers should do that.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Chrome in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Import Favorites Microsoft

2. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  3. How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    How do I import Favorites bar from Chrome to Edge.: Hi, I want to export Bookmarks bar (not bookmarks) from Chrome and then import to Edge's Favorites bar. How do I do? Thank you, 65317
  4. Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11

in Browsers and Email
    Problems Importing Favorites into Edge from IE11: I have posted this question/complaint on another thread, but I have been locked out. So I'll try again. Why can't Microsoft fix the Edge import process to reliably import all favorites from IE 11? I have tried all the workarounds including copying the IE 11 favorites to the...
  5. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...
  6. Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  7. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...
  8. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Firefox in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks...
  9. Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 How to Import Favorites from Internet Explorer to Chrome in Windows 10 [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The...
  10. Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer: How to: Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge to Internet Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Internet Explorer. The...