Windows 10: Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

How to: Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as favorites in Microsoft Edge. The favorites bar is a toolbar in Microsoft Edge that you can also add your favorite websites you visit frequently on to make opening them faster and more convenient.

Starting Windows 10 build 14926, favorites in Microsoft Edge can be imported or exported as HTML files.

This tutorial will show you how to import or export your Microsoft Edge favorites as a .htm or .html file in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Export Favorites from Microsoft Edge to HTML File
    • Option Two: To Import Favorites in Microsoft Edge from HTM or HTML File

OPTION ONE [/i] To Export Favorites from Microsoft Edge to HTML File
    1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on General on the left side, and click/tap on the Import or export button under Transfer favorites and other info on the right side. (see screenshot below)

4. Under Import or export a file, select (dot) Favorites, and click/tap on the Export to file button. (see screenshot below)

5. Browse to and select the folder where you want to save the .html file to, type a name you want for the .html file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

6. You will see All done! when your favorites from Microsoft Edge have finished being exported to the .html file. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Import Favorites in Microsoft Edge from HTM or HTML File
    1. Open Microsoft Edge.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on General on the left side, and click/tap on the Import or export button under Transfer favorites and other info on the right side. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the Import from file button under Import or export a file. (see screenshot below)

5. Browse to and select the .htm or .html file you want to import, and click/tap on Open. (see screenshot below)

*note This can be the .html file from Firefox, Chrome, etc... web browsers.

6. You will see All done! when your favorites from the .htm or .html file have successfully been imported into Microsoft Edge. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 15, 2016
  2. Shenan Stanley, Sep 15, 2016
  3. IE 11 Cannot Import from Edge

Hi Nicholas,

As a workaround, we suggest you to export favorites from Microsoft Edge into a .html file and afterwards, import the .html file to Internet Explorer 11.

Here are the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three horizontal dots on the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Edge window, and then click on
      Settings.
    • Under Favorites, click on the View favorites settings.
    • Under Import or export a file, click on Export to file.
    • Select the folder where you want to save the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, and then
      Save.

Once you have the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, follow the steps below on how to import them to Internet Explorer 11.

• Open Internet Explorer 11.
    • On the menu bar, click on File, and then click on Import and export.
    • In the Import/Export Settings window, select Import from a file, and then click on
      Next.
    • In the next window, click on the checkbox for Favorites, and then click
      Next.
    • Browse and open the .html file you want to import, and then click Next.
    • Select Favorites to import to, and then click Import.
    • Once done, click on Finish.

Hope this helps.

Patricia Yu, Sep 15, 2016
  4. tae111 Win User

When I go to View Favorites settings I only have the Import option. There is no option listed for export at all.

I have version Windows 10 version 1511

tae111, Sep 19, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Tae111, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This is available starting in version 1607. Be sure to check for available updates in Windows Update.

Brink, Sep 19, 2016
  6. rumlee Win User
    I do not have the export file button in Edge. How do I export my favorites then?

rumlee, Oct 6, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 6, 2016
  8. rumlee Win User

Windows is fully updated. It happens automatically, so I asume it is a flaw in the software

rumlee, Oct 6, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 6, 2016
  10. rumlee Win User
    1607 KB3194496

I managed to backup the favorites by copying the datastore folder, but it does not backup the favorites bar in the top only the favorites in the right side.

rumlee, Oct 6, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 6, 2016
  12. rumlee Win User
    Yes I used the method of copying the datastore folder, do I need to copy other folders too to get the bar included?

rumlee, Oct 6, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

It may be that the favorites bar was stored from an older build that's not currently included in your datastore folder.

Brink, Oct 6, 2016
  14. Bree New Member
    I have Windows 10 Home 1607 build 14393.223 - and no Export button *Sad

15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry, it starts with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14926.

Brink, Oct 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Import Export Favorites

2. Export/Import Edge folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export/Import Edge folder: I'm getting ready to move a project from one computer to another one. Is it possible to export 1 folder under _MyFavorites on one computer and import it on another computer? If so how?...
  3. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  4. Exporting Edge favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Exporting Edge favorites: Good evening, I have purchased a new PC. Is there anyway I can export my favourite sites from Edge on my old PC and import them into Edge on my new one? Thanks Mike...
  5. How to Export Favorites to HTML file from Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Export Favorites to HTML file from Microsoft Edge Chromium: How to: How to Export Favorites to HTML file from Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Export Favorites to HTML file from Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web...
  6. an inquiry about import/export faves in edge to html?

in Browsers and Email
    an inquiry about import/export faves in edge to html?: wondering when will edge browser be able to recognize "other" browsers to import/export html bkmrks? so far it recognizes IE which i dont use at all. this is an obstacle that bothers me *Shock 76604
  7. Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Having trouble importing Favorites into Microsoft Edge.: Hi. I'm trying to import all my currentbookmarks from I.E. Explorer into ME. Google Chrome was the source of my initial bookmarks. Here are the steps I performed. 1. Went to Google Chrome bookmarkmanager, exported a HTML file of my new bookmarks. 2. Launched Internet...
  8. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  9. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  10. Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox: How to: Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox How to Import and Export Bookmarks via HTML in Firefox [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to easily export and import your bookmarks in the Mozilla Firefox web browser using HTML files. As well...