Windows 10: Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows

Discus and support Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows How to Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows You can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows

How to: Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows

How to Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows

You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Google Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in Chrome that you can also add your favorite websites you visit frequently on to make opening them faster and more convenient.

This tutorial will show you how to import (restore) or export (backup) your Google Chrome bookmarks as a .html file in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Export Google Chrome Bookmarks to HTML File
    • Option Two: To Import Google Chrome Bookmarks from HTML File

OPTION ONE [/i] To Export Google Chrome Bookmarks to HTML File
    1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows [​IMG]
    . button, click/tap on Bookmarks, and click/tap on Bookmark manager. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you could also press the Ctrl+Shift+O keys to directly open Bookmark manager.

3. Click/tap on the Organize (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Export bookmarks in the drop down menu. (see screenshot below)

4. Navigate to where you want to save the exported .html file to, enter a file name you want for the .html file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Import Google Chrome Bookmarks from HTML File
    1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (More)
    . button, click/tap on Bookmarks, and click/tap on Bookmark manager. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you could also press the Ctrl+Shift+O keys to directly open Bookmark manager.

3. Click/tap on the Organize (3 dots) , and click/tap on Import bookmarks in the drop down menu. (see screenshot below)

4. Navigate to the location of the .html file, select the .html file, and click/tap on Open. (see screenshot below)

5. The bookmarks from the .html file will now be imported into Google Chrome. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 30, 2018
  2. Edwin Win User

Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox

Nice 'tute' sir! Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows :)
    You could also include the option to set Auto Export Bookmarks to HTML in 'about config'

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  3. How do I import bookmarks from Chrome to microsoft edge?

You are asking in the wrong place. You need to be in Google
    Chrome Help

To save you the trouble..

Export bookmarks from Chrome

• In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
      Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows tgmsrPRh34tM4q0WYv7l-NNXDz7dqm7ftk8TyCEguoY30xkEg8lcw_ULI23ki9Q=w18-h18.png
    • Select Bookmarks > Bookmark Manager.
    • Click the "Organize" menu in the manager.
    • Select Export bookmarks.
    Chrome will export your bookmarks as an HTML file, which you can then import into another browser.

Mike Hall... always, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Boozad Win User

Thanks Edwin, I'll include that in. Great piece of info. *Thumbs

Boozad, Oct 26, 2019
  5. topgundcp Win User

Every browser has an option to import Bookmarks from another browser.

topgundcp, Oct 26, 2019
  6. kgaouette Win User
    Exporting Bookmarks from Edge to Chrome

I don't want to be repetitive but it seems that some have missed the links to the very helpful work done by Emmet Gray. I also wanted to provide a simpler, step by step guide.

Kudos to Emmet Gray for the creating The Export Edge Bookmarks Tool. He shared both the code for power users and a simple .exe to extract favorites from the ESE database and export them to a standards-based "bookmark.htm" file. See www.emmet-gray.com/Articles/EdgeExport.html

Chrome and other browsers don't play nice with HTM files so you might need to convert to HTML. I am sure there are many ways to do this but Adobe makes this easy for anyone. Just use Acrobat (Arobat DC) to export to HTML

Steps:

Now you have HTML file that can be edited and imported into another browser. But don't abandon Edge yet!

Update!

Thank you Firefox! Mozilla Firefox Version 44.0.2 now allows direct import from Microsoft Edge. Once in Firefox favorites can be exported to any browser.

kgaouette, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Import or Export Google Chrome Bookmarks as HTML in Windows - Similar Threads - Import Export Google

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks: I have version 74.0.3729.157 on my computer, which I wish to temporarily un-install, and then install the latest offering for 64bit systems. The current version may have been compromised. I have reached the bookmark manager, but can not see the option to export the...
  4. Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Support
    Difficulty exporting Google Chrome Bookmarks: I have version 74.0.3729.157 on my computer, which I wish to temporarily un-install, and then install the latest offering for 64bit systems. I have reached the bookmark manager, but can not see the option to export the bookmarks. If someone has had this problem here, I hope...
  5. Problem importing Chrome bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Problem importing Chrome bookmarks: Have tried several times now to import the bookmarks form Chrome to my favourites bar but it just will not do it . The other 10 machines are set but this one will not let me do it - I have installed Chrome to make sure the bookmarks are available but again from settings and...
  6. Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Bookmarks: After last nights crash, I have my Bookmarks here on Chrome but not my latest ones. I have a saved backup of those Bookmarks and my question is as follows ... Can I import from that saved file and if so, will the Bookmarks from that file simply over-write the ones I...
  7. Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Firefox to Chrome in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  8. Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows: How to: Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows How to Import Bookmarks from Chrome to Firefox in Windows [img] Information You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Firefox. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in...
  9. Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox: How to: Import and Export Bookmarks as HTML in Firefox How to Import and Export Bookmarks via HTML in Firefox [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to easily export and import your bookmarks in the Mozilla Firefox web browser using HTML files. As well...
  10. Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge: How to: Import or Export Favorites as HTML File in Microsoft Edge How to Import or Export Microsoft Edge Favorites as HTML File in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...