Windows 10: Import passwords into Edge

Discus and support Import passwords into Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just upgraded from win7 and had Edge import bookmarks and passwords, yet when I go to sites needing a PW I have to log in. As a side question since... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by the jimmy, Oct 20, 2017.

1. the jimmy Win User

Import passwords into Edge

Just upgraded from win7 and had Edge import bookmarks and passwords, yet when I go to sites needing a PW I have to log in.
    As a side question since I'm new to win10 and this forum, do most use Chrome instead?

Thanks
    Richard

:)

the jimmy, Oct 20, 2017
  2. IanMannXF Win User

Windows/10 Edge does NOT remember my passwords or signon addresses

Import from Google Chrome and then Edge will remember that password for gmail.

Edge, settings, import from another browser, and then select chrome browser, it now knows the gmail email password.

IanMannXF, Oct 20, 2017
  3. How can I import Bookmarks and Save Passwords from Google Chrome to Edge Browser?

Is there any way to import Passwords and bookmarks from Chrome to edge. I found some tricks to import bookmarks but how can I do the same with Passwords?

really likes the Edge browser and badly need to import everything to make it as my default browser

Update [9-June-2017]: After waiting for almost 2 years, finally we can now import bookmarks and saved passwords to Edge browser from almost any browser. I can't stop my excitement and

I blogged about this here

Amar Ilindra, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Import passwords into Edge

To login automatically to any website you need password you have imported but you also need site cookie which tells the website you are already login.

You can use any other web browsers it personal choice it has nothing do with which operating system you are using as long as web browser compatible with the operating system.

FreeBooter, Oct 20, 2017
Thema:

Import passwords into Edge

1. Import passwords into Edge - Similar Threads - Import passwords Edge

2. edge import passwords is grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge import passwords is grayed out: edge import passwords is grayed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-import-passwords-is-grayed-out/3323b59b-15e2-4c6c-87d6-9ce8ca047423
  3. edge import passwords is grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    edge import passwords is grayed out: edge import passwords is grayed out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-import-passwords-is-grayed-out/3323b59b-15e2-4c6c-87d6-9ce8ca047423
  4. edge import passwords is grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Import to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Import to Edge: I am trying to change my browser to Edge, but when I go to setting-favourites-import I don't get a list of browsers to choose from, so how do import everything to Edge? Thanks for looking. 165884
  6. Microsoft Edge import passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge import passwords: How to import passwords from Firefox into Edge 2004? There is a "Menu > Settings > General > Import or Export", but nothing for passwords, only for Firefox bookmarks. 162003
  7. Microsoft Edge import passwords

Microsoft Edge import passwords: How to import passwords from Firefox into Edge 2004? There is a "Menu > Settings > General > Import or Export", but nothing for passwords, only for Firefox bookmarks. 162003
  8. How to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge: Hello, I am wanting to move from the computer and I would like to know how to import Chrome passwords in Microsoft Edge. Please, someone, help me....
  9. How to import passwords from chrome to edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to import passwords from chrome to edge: I've read the posts on how to import Bookmarks and Passwords from Chrome to Edge and I've done it. The problem is that the passwords didn't get transferred. How do I import my saved passwords from Chrome to Edge?...
  10. Cannot import Autofill and passwords from Chrome to Edge

Cannot import Autofill and passwords from Chrome to Edge: Hi ! i've tried different things and googling but i simply Cannot import Autofill and passwords from Chrome to Edge Favorites are the only thing that import. i want to start using edge beacuse i've heard its faster and would like to play with it, any ideas Thank You! 111820