Windows 10: imported pictures from my camera, where did albums go?

Discus and support imported pictures from my camera, where did albums go? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I downloaded pictures form my digital camera, or at least I was trying to do. Somehow I got form installing my camera driver, recognizing my camera to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by exsailor, Aug 28, 2015.

1. exsailor Win User

imported pictures from my camera, where did albums go?

I downloaded pictures form my digital camera, or at least I was trying to do. Somehow I got form installing my camera driver, recognizing my camera to importing the pictures form my windows 7 migration to Windows 10 and all of my camera pictures. They went to "albums" I lost them for a little while but found them again through notifications in the action center. I closed the display and now I can't find them.
    I want to accomplish two things. Find out where my pictures went, then get my pictures moved out of albums, and stored back on the computer where they belong!

:)

exsailor, Aug 28, 2015
  2. JonFairey Win User

Lost imported photos from camera

Hi,

I recently imported some photos from my camera to my photos. It did not automatically save to an album but just showed photos in my pictures as 'last import'. Being new to Windows 10 I presumed that these would automatically save as they had been imported.
    However when I imported some new photos these now showed as 'last import' and the previous photos labelled 'last import' had disappeared. Is there any way I can retrieve these photos and if so where might they be?

JonFairey, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Warren23 Win User
    locked camera screen

1. When I say that the screen is locked, I mean that it is frozen on the 3 pictures that that I tried to import. I did not have to import because as soon as I connected the camera to the computer, it automatically imported them.

2. No, I am not trying to import pictures from the camera. The pictures were automatically imported onto the screen, however, I cannot access nor can I add it to my Picture Folder.

3. No autoplay window pops up.

4. The pictures were automatically selected, when they were uploaded automatically from the camera. "Collection, Albums & Folders" can be seen in the background, but they are in grey and cannot be accessed. Nothing can be seen at the edge of the window,
    with the imported pictures. This window also has these messages. "Select items to import from Cannon PowerShot ELPH 130IS. Below the pictures is the message "3 items selected.

Warren23, Aug 28, 2015
  4. imported pictures from my camera, where did albums go?

My guess would be that they were put into Libraries --> Pictures.

Mark Phelps, Aug 28, 2015
  5. brummyfan Win User
    It could be also saved in My works folder(or similar in your case), my Sony Everio downloads the Pictures as shown in the snip.

imported pictures from my camera, where did albums go? [​IMG]

brummyfan, Aug 28, 2015
  6. exsailor Win User
    Thank you! Last night was very trying and the download import happened too late in the night. I went back into pictures just now and looked in every folder. I found one labeled 2007-08. I don't know how it got its name, but the pictures were there. We can consider the mystery solved.

exsailor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

imported pictures from my camera, where did albums go?

1. imported pictures from my camera, where did albums go? - Similar Threads - imported pictures camera

2. Where did my Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders go?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where did my Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders go?: I can't get the stupid virtual assistant to get me to IT support even though I have a paid-for MS account!Anyway, here is the issue:Today, my Desktop, my Documents folder, and my Photos, etc. - all those folders are just GONE. Where the heck are they?...
  3. Where did my Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders go?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where did my Desktop, Documents, and Pictures folders go?: I can't get the stupid virtual assistant to get me to IT support even though I have a paid-for MS account!Anyway, here is the issue:Today, my Desktop, my Documents folder, and my Photos, etc. - all those folders are just GONE. Where the heck are they?...
  4. Importing Pictures from Camera Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing Pictures from Camera Disk: I went from Windows 7 to 10. This morning I bought Fortect and it repaired my computer. Yesterday I imported pictures from my camera disk but had no way to name the folder or save it. Now I don't know how to import from my camera disk. Please HELP!* Moved from MS Teams...
  5. Importing pictures from camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing pictures from camera: Up until recently when I imported multiple pictures they would be grouped into a file folder and listed with the file folder type. Now my pictures are importing individually with the jpg type. How do I go back to importing multiple pictures into a file folder as a group?...
  6. Where are my imported pictures

Where are my imported pictures: I've tried to import pictures from my iphone to my PC, three times. It says it is complete but I can't find them after import. They are not in any picture files, not in downloads, they disappear. I even tried to import them to a named file and it was empty. Where did they...
  7. Imported pictures from two different cameras

Imported pictures from two different cameras: I have two cameras, each with their own SD Card. To import the pictures I use a USB device which has a SD Card slot; works perfectly. However, if on one camera I have taken pictures for the period, for example, 4th to the 6th June, the pictures are imported into Photos in...
  8. W10: Where did my pictures go?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10: Where did my pictures go?: I was trying to copy pictures from my desktop (HP Envy-Ver 1903, build 18362.720) to my portable PC (MS Surface Pro 6-Ver 1903, build 18363.720) using Logitech's LogiOptions. LogiOptions allows one to use one mouse between two computers. In the past, I believe, I was able...
  9. importing pictures from a camera

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures from a camera: Up until yesterday, when I plugged in my Canon camera with a USB cord to my computer, all I had to do was turn on the camera and Windows 10 automatically imported only my most recent photos. But today, when I turn my camera on, Windows 10 won't do that, and the only way I...
  10. Importing Pictures from my Camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing Pictures from my Camera: In my old Windows when I transferred my pictures from my camera it would automatically as me to name the pictures and drop them into a folder for that month. How can I do this on Windows 10?...