Windows 10: Importing and Merging favorites?

Discus and support Importing and Merging favorites? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Little over 6 weeks ago now, I knew I was heading towards a crash and that I would be reinstalling Windows 8.1 then re-upgrading to Windows 10. To be... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jayv2251, Jul 14, 2016.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Importing and Merging favorites?

Little over 6 weeks ago now, I knew I was heading towards a crash and that I would be reinstalling Windows 8.1 then re-upgrading to Windows 10. To be safe, I saved my favorites in IE 11 to a usb stick. Now, I'd like to import them back into the Edge, without loosing new favorites that I have saved using Edge. Since some folders are named the same, I don't want to loose anything by having it over written. After this is all done, I would then like to run a broken link utility program.

:)

jayv2251, Jul 14, 2016
  2. theGamey Win User

Synching contacts from Nokia Suite into Gmail

Export the contacts using Nokia Suite, it will be exported as individual vcf files.

Then just merge all the vcf files into one using the below command in cmd prompt.

copy /B *.vcf 01Merged_vcf.vcf

Now import that merged file in Gmail.

theGamey, Jul 14, 2016
  3. N9 - Adding facebook to a contact

Yes, I know about the merge. But what about contacts that don't get auto-imported from skype/facebook? Not sure how it picks what to import first of all.

Glavata---01, Jul 14, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Managing the Edge Favorites is now more complicated because MS has put them in a Spartan.edb file. There is a nice utility that helps you do it and details can be found here: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/import-or-export-favorites-as-html-file-in-microsoft-edge.7957/
    It might be easier for you to export your existing Edge Favorites into IE11 and get them sorted there before importing them back again.

The following tutorial shows you how to import favorites from IE11 to Edge: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Importing and Merging favorites? - Similar Threads - Importing Merging favorites

2. Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge favorites as HTML: I go to settings and more go down and select settings but do not get the GENERAL selections that is shown in step three. Where am I going wrong? I am running Version 20H2 build 19042.685 latest update of Edge shipinomore 170150
  3. Problem with Importing Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Importing Favorites: Against my whishes a new version of Chrome Edge was installed on my laptop #1. I just tried to import Favorites from laptop #2, using an exported HTML file. I go through the procedure and it reports that the import has completed, BUT, the favorites on laptop #1 have not...
  4. Import favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Import favorites: Windows wipe out my favorites some very important on April 15 I put my computer on and window change everything lost all my flies and word doc I did manage to retrieve my files and pictures I call Microsoft and was on hold over 1 hr and 15 mins. I hung up I need help...
  5. importing Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing Favorites: I imported ‘Favorites’ from IE to Edge but they are not displaying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-favorites/d9960ff0-6ff1-4f92-bd07-26a6c066e796
  6. Organize imported favorites?

in Browsers and Email
    Organize imported favorites?: I've imported "Favorites" from Internet Explorer 11 to Edge sometime ago, and now whenever I clean install W10, Edge "remembers" my Favorites. Great! Love that. Problem is there doesn't seem to be any organization to them and in a lot of instances I've got double folders...
  7. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  8. Import Favorites some are missing in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Import Favorites some are missing in Edge: Hi, I'm using Edge and having a problem when I import Favorites from IE. The problem I have is one folder in particular, St. Louis Rams that has 22 items in it, (see screen shot below) only one item/bookmark came over when I imported Favorites from IE to Edge. I checked,...
  9. Import/Export Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Import/Export Edge Favorites: Microsoft Edge Favorites - Export in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums Though Edge may not be the browser of choice, would like to hear reviews/comments of the above method of export/import of favorites from those that have used the method. This method was designed...
  10. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...