Windows 10: Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one

Discus and support Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 Pro 64-bit. Having this weird issue in that i can't import any photo's.. Well i can, but its frustrating as before i'd plug in either my wife's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thedoc46, Mar 1, 2017.

1. thedoc46 Win User

Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one

Win10 Pro 64-bit. Having this weird issue in that i can't import any photo's.. Well i can, but its frustrating as before i'd plug in either my wife's or my iPhone... Wait for it to show in my devices, right click and select, import pictures and video's.

It would normally go off and realize the ones it hadn't imported on a previous import, and then trigger a new window inviting you to use whatever naming convention you wished..

However, now it just imports and gets stuck on the last one.... Doing it with different devices so its my computer and not either one of the iPhones, that its happening on. Basically meaning it'll import all 8,000 + of my photos and videos that are on my iPhone (and still get stuck at the end)

Anyone seen this before ? Kinda stuck as i'm always importing in new pics on a weekly basis.. .Was working up until last weekend... Tried a couple of different USB Ports, restarted both iPhones a couple of times and my pc countless times, turned off all AV apps (MalwareBytes, Malware Anti-Exploit, and Anti-ransomware, and well that's about it.. Never had an issue in the past so scratching my head on this... Also if i hit cancel import, and try it again (without a reboot) it comes back with an error saying iPhone 7 is already being used by #Import Pictures and Video's"

Here's the instructions of what I'm talking about... However mine doesn't get past the Import Pictures and Video's screenshot.. Just gets stuck there... I don't get the window that offers me a naming convention.

This is what i'm not getting too.

Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one [​IMG]

:)

thedoc46, Mar 1, 2017

2. Windows photo does not recognize new photos taken since the last import

Could you tell us if it recognizes them since the last import if you use the old import pictures and videos wizard?

Connect the iPhone

Open File Explorer > This PC

Right click your iPhone

Click Import pictures and videos

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Tile not updating from OneDrive located inside the Photos app

I never mark anything as a favorite. These 2 tiles stay stuck on the first picture ever taken and will never update. If possible I am going to update my post with a screenshot.

SteveSauls67, Mar 1, 2017
Thema:

Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one

1. Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one - Similar Threads - Importing pictures videos

2. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot import pictures or videos: Stuck on blank import screen forever.Trying to import from android pixel 4 to windows 10. This whole system of connecting phones to windows is incredibly buggy. Used to work fine in windows 7. Please assist. Phone is out of space and I cannot import pictures....
  3. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot import pictures or videos: Stuck on blank import screen forever.Trying to import from android pixel 4 to windows 10. This whole system of connecting phones to windows is incredibly buggy. Used to work fine in windows 7. Please assist. Phone is out of space and I cannot import pictures....
  4. Cannot import pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. importing pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures: Is anyone having trouble importing pictures from their IPhone 11 to Windows 10? If so....have you come up with a way to do it? Please HELP If I can get any to go onto my laptop, it says file can't be opened. But mostly it won't work at all. I have 2400 pictures I really...
  6. Video Editor "Add Files" never completes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video Editor "Add Files" never completes: I am attempting to use the Windows 10 Video Editor to edit MP4 video files that I have saved on my local disk. I start a new video project. I then click the "+Add" button, choose "from my PC", and select an MP4 file from my disk. Video editor then displays the message...
  7. importing pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    importing pictures and videos: I am having trouble in my windows 10 version 1909 computer importing pictures from my I-phone 11 to my pc. It begins the importing procedure but then aborts it after a few are loaded. Whats up I tried new usb to I phone connector and still having the same trouble....
  8. import pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    import pictures: I have Windows 10. How to Import Pictures from my digital camera to My Pictures. Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-pictures/5aaaa40d-dacf-4007-ab3f-e4996fa456c2
  9. tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10: Unlike the windows 7 I am not able to tag my imported pictures with either a SD card or plugging the camera/phone. I am wondering if there is something I can change in settings so I can get this convenience back? Thanks...
  10. Change settings for importing pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Change settings for importing pictures and videos: When I connect an iPhone to my Win10 PC it's importing my photos to a location where I don't want them to go. How do I change this setting? It's frustratingly non-intuitive, and even the official Microsoft How-To page doesn't explain it in an understandable way. Help....