Windows 10: Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one

Discus and support Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 Pro 64-bit. Having this weird issue in that i can't import any photo's.. Well i can, but its frustrating as before i'd plug in either my wife's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thedoc46, Mar 1, 2017.

1. thedoc46 Win User

Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one

Win10 Pro 64-bit. Having this weird issue in that i can't import any photo's.. Well i can, but its frustrating as before i'd plug in either my wife's or my iPhone... Wait for it to show in my devices, right click and select, import pictures and video's.

It would normally go off and realize the ones it hadn't imported on a previous import, and then trigger a new window inviting you to use whatever naming convention you wished..

However, now it just imports and gets stuck on the last one.... Doing it with different devices so its my computer and not either one of the iPhones, that its happening on. Basically meaning it'll import all 8,000 + of my photos and videos that are on my iPhone (and still get stuck at the end)

Anyone seen this before ? Kinda stuck as i'm always importing in new pics on a weekly basis.. .Was working up until last weekend... Tried a couple of different USB Ports, restarted both iPhones a couple of times and my pc countless times, turned off all AV apps (MalwareBytes, Malware Anti-Exploit, and Anti-ransomware, and well that's about it.. Never had an issue in the past so scratching my head on this... Also if i hit cancel import, and try it again (without a reboot) it comes back with an error saying iPhone 7 is already being used by #Import Pictures and Video's"

Here's the instructions of what I'm talking about... However mine doesn't get past the Import Pictures and Video's screenshot.. Just gets stuck there... I don't get the window that offers me a naming convention.

This is what i'm not getting too.

Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one [​IMG]

:)

thedoc46, Mar 1, 2017

2. Windows photo does not recognize new photos taken since the last import

Could you tell us if it recognizes them since the last import if you use the old import pictures and videos wizard?

Connect the iPhone

Open File Explorer > This PC

Right click your iPhone

Click Import pictures and videos

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Andre Da Costa, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Tile not updating from OneDrive located inside the Photos app

I never mark anything as a favorite. These 2 tiles stay stuck on the first picture ever taken and will never update. If possible I am going to update my post with a screenshot.

SteveSauls67, Mar 1, 2017
Thema:

Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one

1. Importing pictures and videos never completes-stays stuck on last one - Similar Threads - Importing pictures videos

2. import pictures

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    import pictures: I have Windows 10. How to Import Pictures from my digital camera to My Pictures. Please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-pictures/5aaaa40d-dacf-4007-ab3f-e4996fa456c2
  3. IMPORT pictures to computer ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IMPORT pictures to computer ??: I am trying to IMPORT pictures from my camera to computer as I did before with Windows 7 now I do not get the IMPORT anymore ????? I have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-pictures-to-computer/57f4d724-873d-45f9-bc30-bd20ddaabcd3"
  4. tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    tagging imported pictures/videos with windows 10: Unlike the windows 7 I am not able to tag my imported pictures with either a SD card or plugging the camera/phone. I am wondering if there is something I can change in settings so I can get this convenience back? Thanks...
  5. Completely stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    Completely stuck: My computer had an issue where all wifi options would shut off and only airplane mode would show. I then restarted my laptop (Asus windows 10) and it went back to normal but about a week later the problem would keep occurring until on one restart my computer refused to go to...
  6. Import Videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Import Videos: Hi all, I'm trying to import my videos from my SD card reader to my computer, however I keep getting an error message. I've had no problem in the past and these are 2 new videos that I have never imported before. Please help me :(...
  7. "Connecting to VPN" never completes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Connecting to VPN" never completes: I have 2 computers running windows 10. I've setup a VPN connection on each of them, both the same. On my laptop, it connects to the VPN just fine and works pretty well. On my desktop, however, when I click the "Connect" button, it gives me the "Connecting to VPNname" message...
  8. 10 Install Never Completes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10 Install Never Completes: Ecuse me, no "eks" key suddenly. I signed up for Windows ten long ago. Got notice I could download. It did and began installing. After several partial, (great, now number don't work but open another window) partial downloads I believe it loaded but then wanted to do something...
  9. Change settings for importing pictures and videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Change settings for importing pictures and videos: When I connect an iPhone to my Win10 PC it's importing my photos to a location where I don't want them to go. How do I change this setting? It's frustratingly non-intuitive, and even the official Microsoft How-To page doesn't explain it in an understandable way. Help....
  10. Importing videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Importing videos: I'm new here so hello everyone! The option to import videos from my Samsung S5 Neo has gone so I can't upload them. This used to automatically upload them on Windows 8. My storage is now full on my phone so I need to upload the videos. Please help. 52729