Windows 10: Importing Pictures from SD card

Discus and support Importing Pictures from SD card in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't get the Photos app to import pictures from my SD card reader. For a while I had Live Photo Viewer as the default import action (can't remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nigelmercier, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Importing Pictures from SD card

I can't get the Photos app to import pictures from my SD card reader. For a while I had Live Photo Viewer as the default import action (can't remember how), but I'd quite like to get it working with a default app. I note that when I right click on my SD drive, I don't get the option to Import photos and videos

Any suggestions?

:)

nigelmercier, Mar 31, 2016

2. how do you import pictures from a SD card in Windows 10

how do you import pictures from a SD card in Windows 10

dalecummins, Mar 31, 2016
  3. Windows 10 - Imported Photos NOT in Pictures Folder?

Hi,

Had the same problem in importing pictures from SD Card to folder just went straight to App.

Selected Settings, clicked Devices, clicked autoplay, selected SD Card and import using Windows Live pictures. Inserted SD again and this time Windows Live came up, aske me to name the file and imported.

harferdaily, Mar 31, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Importing Pictures from SD card

Hello Nigel,

Make sure your Autoplay settings for the camera memory card are set to "Import photos and videos (Photos)"

This should do the trick.

Importing Pictures from SD card [​IMG]

philc43, Mar 31, 2016
  5. I have to ask, since this question has been raised often...but what advantages does this have over copying and pasting the photos from the SD Card? I wouldn't want the system grabbing all the photos and moving them. My photo is a semi-pro photographer, and just uses File Explorer to copy the specific photos to specific directories she creates based on event, shoot, etc.

DeaconFrost, Mar 31, 2016
  6. Advantage is automatic tagging.

nigelmercier, Apr 1, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I am very low tech and old fashioned.
    I just drag/drop.

davidhk, Apr 1, 2016
  8. Importing Pictures from SD card

I'm not even sure what that means. I'm guessing my wife doesn't use tagging of any kind. She copy and pastes from the card to the folder she created for each event.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Importing Pictures from SD card

1. Importing Pictures from SD card - Similar Threads - Importing Pictures card

2. Photo Import from SD Card to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Import from SD Card to Windows 10: I am trying to import photos from my SD Card, however I am not able to select the photos I want since they were from a 2020 file. The only option it is giving me are either newest or to all with is well into the 1000's. I've tried several different ways to no avail. Thanks...
  3. Importing pics from an SD card.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Importing pics from an SD card.: Have downloaded pictures from SD card for 2 years without problems and now when I click import it just circles a minute and whole photo page goes away to home screen. When I try to click on import items not previously imported it freezes up and won't do anything....
  4. Importing Photos from SD Card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Photos from SD Card: Why are some of my pictures inverted when i import them on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-sd-card/a44b69e9-3973-43f7-9a8a-8077a02b6dcf
  5. import photos from sd card

import photos from sd card: sorry...I inserted the sd camera card in the desktop tower...I went to the picture app . did import... it will not allow the photo s to download. I just did this last month and all worked well. I don't understand why this time when I: went to the windows...
  6. Importing photos from SD card into Pictures folder on Windows 10

Importing photos from SD card into Pictures folder on Windows 10: This is Day Three of my attempting to import photos from my SD card into a folder in Pictures on Windows 10. I hit a roadblock every single time. The last one I tried was from a British advisor's video. Things went well until he said, after I had selected the pictures I...
  7. Importing photos from an SD card

Importing photos from an SD card: When I import photos from an SD card, sometimes windows will break the photos up into two dates. So one half has (for example) December 10, 2019 and the other half has December 11, 2019. And to make it more interesting, the latter date hasn't even happened yet (the date...
  8. Import Photos from SD card to external drive

Import Photos from SD card to external drive: I would like to know how to import photos from a memory card to an external hard drive for storage. I'm using the Photos App and wish to work with that App to edit, organize, etc. I don't see a choice for the external hard drive when I select Import. If the photos are on...
  9. import photos to my computer from SD card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    import photos to my computer from SD card?: I downloaded Driver Support so how now how do I import photos from SD card to my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-photos-to-my-computer-from-sd-card/2f503357-a0a0-456f-8329-0e321a1cf76f
  10. Picture Import from SD Not Working

Picture Import from SD Not Working: When I plug in an SD card from my camera I get a window titled COLLECTION, with a pop-up saying "Is this the right device? We couldn't find anything to import on this device." I can of course browse to the SD card, but I quite liked the import feature. [Later] If I...