Windows 10: Importing Windows Live Storage folders into Win 10 Mail

Discus and support Importing Windows Live Storage folders into Win 10 Mail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I import long-term storage files (with lots of really, really important emails I wish to save) from Windows Live 2012 to the new Windows 10... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oldMGguy, Dec 2, 2015.

1. oldMGguy Win User

Importing Windows Live Storage folders into Win 10 Mail

How do I import long-term storage files (with lots of really, really important emails I wish to save) from Windows Live 2012 to the new Windows 10 email program? Can't find any how-to help anywhere so far.

Thanks!

:)

oldMGguy, Dec 2, 2015

2. Beware - lost emails in Windows 10

Upgraded to Win 10 yesterday, this morning Windows Live Mail was fine, a couple hours later all my store of emails was gone.

I had moved the Live Mail storage folder to OneDrive a few months ago. It is always synced (both on the local drive and in OneDrive) and has worked fine under Win 8.1.

I tried the import my emails from my OneDrive local storage but all I get is the folder structure and no emails.

JimHinUtah, Dec 2, 2015
  3. DonKnobbs Win User
    Transferring Win Live messages and folders saved on my computer to Win 10 mail

I have 64 folders and several thousand email messages archived in 'Storage Folders' in Windows Live Mail. Is there a way to transfer those folders intact to Win 10 Mail so I can view them and add to them as necessary? I'm being told Windows Live Mail
    will 'die' in July. This saving feature is a very useful and doesn't appear to be a capability of Win 10 Mail.

DonKnobbs, Dec 2, 2015
  4. gpstoloff Win User

That's because it currently can't be done!

W10 Mail and Calendar app doesn't yet have support for any off-line activity; only on-line sites and their on-line folders.

Keep watching future updates, and keep running Windows Live 2012 until it does. (A tip for migrating -- Use File/Advanced/Maintenance to move all WLM storage into its own directory, and back it up.)

gpstoloff, Dec 4, 2015
  5. looksha2 Win User
    Actually from WLM 2012 I used the File/Options/Mail/Advanced/Maintenance/Store Folder to get the setting for storage.

looksha2, Dec 12, 2015
  6. geercom Win User
    Were you able to then import that email into Windows 10 Mail and Calendar?

geercom, Jun 17, 2017
  7. Helmut Win User
    Details are about halfway down these pages "Moving data to Mail App for Windows - For locally stored emails"
    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...a-f8ec74f8e8fd
    You create folders in an Account maybe Outlook Mail, move the Emails from the Storage folders to folders in an Account.
    The Account in the Mail App is then synced.

The Mail App does not have local storage folders for users so that's a temporary measure until you find a more suitable Email client.

Helmut, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Importing Windows Live Storage folders into Win 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Importing Live Storage

2. Copying Windows Live Mail Folders and Emails to import into Windows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying Windows Live Mail Folders and Emails to import into Windows 10 Mail App: I have an old Windows 7 computer that uses Windows Live Mail. My employer bought a new computer with Windows 10, which doesn't have Windows Live Mail. How do I get my old emails that are saved in folders on my computer onto the new computer.Thanks,Adam...
  3. Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import contacts from Live Mail to Mail on Windows 10: I have my contacts from Live Mail in a cvs file...how do I import them into my new computer with Mail on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/import-contacts-from-live-mail-to-mail-on-windows/2edaa469-79ac-4cf7-84d8-99d65a999e77
  4. How to transfer my storage folders from Windows Live Mail to Mail 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer my storage folders from Windows Live Mail to Mail 10: My Windows Live Mail WLM refuses to send my emails, have been using this for a good while now and have heaps of storage folders that I would like to transfer to Mail 10 as I've started using this app now. I've made a copy of WLM; it's sitting on my desktop. I just can't...
  5. Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder: I just set up a new PC, and cannot set up Windows Live Mail, as it is no longer supported. I tried to import contacts into the Windows-10 People folder, but it cannot find my Live Mail account. I find no 'help' established for this. Seems Windows-10 mail is geared for mobile...
  6. Live Mail in Win 10

Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  7. Windows Live Mail Import Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Import Problem: Hi and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. If it has already been posted, then I apologize, but I could not find it. I've just upgraded to Win-10 from XP and I'm having an issue with Windows Live Mail 2012. Specifically, the contacts import feature. I...
  8. Importing folders into Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Importing folders into Windows 10 Mail: I upgraded to 10 on 8/3. Had no problems. Am I too premature to complain? If not, Windows 10 Mail needs work. First, I fixed the problem with recognizing gmail. (AVG firewall.) Now I would like to import my old folders from EClient and give Mail a fighting chance to be my...
  9. Merge Message Storage Folders in Windows Live Mail (or not).

in Browsers and Email
    Merge Message Storage Folders in Windows Live Mail (or not).: Hi all, I've messed up, and I hope that someone can help me out. I've set up Windows Live Mail on a new system (Windows 10), then downloaded a lot of messages from the server to the default folder that WLM sets up on installation. I know how to change that...
  10. Windows live mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail on Win 10: Have just got laptop with Win 10 preinstalled . Found its mail program USELESS . No contacts etc etc . Decided to install Live mail . Downloaded the file from MS ( 2012 version ) hit install but it just sits there with blue circle going round and round . Can any one help me...