Windows 10: Impossible error with graphics

Discus and support Impossible error with graphics in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have a maximus 8 extreme board with a 6700k and 2 gtx 970s in sli. One day the one card would no longer show and I tried everything to see why. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Matthew123, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Impossible error with graphics

I have a maximus 8 extreme board with a 6700k and 2 gtx 970s in sli. One day the one card would no longer show and I tried everything to see why. All my cards work in slot 1 and 4 none in 2 and 3. I can disable all but slot 2 and 3 and put the cards there and get nothing. I can put the cards in slot 2 and 3 and an extra in 4 and it will skip to 4. I tested all the parts and even had the board replaced. All parts work and I even tried another cpu. I can't find whare to look in the bios to see if it detects the cards but I know windows will not detect any card but in slot 1 and 4. It's not a component so what could it be? You would think if it was a windows issue it would atleast work on bios. I'm at a loss of what to do. Please help,

:)

Matthew123, Sep 2, 2016
  2. Shilohbob Win User

How to increase the dedicated ram to graphics

Dedicated graphics RAM can not be increased, the amount of RAM on graphics cards is built in.

The only way is to install a new graphics card with more dedicated graphics RAM.

This relatively easy on a desktop, but on a laptop, virtually impossible.

Shilohbob, Sep 2, 2016
  3. "Video_TDR_Failure" critical error

Hello everyone,

After updating to Windows 10, my computer started to have problems with its graphic card and overall performance issues. Yesterday, it simply started to crash and the blue screen with the error message appeared. To make matters worst, this error occurs 5min
    after I turn on the computer, making it impossible any repairs on my part - in other words, my computer is dead, and windows 10 killed it.

My PC is quite good and so is my graphic card - I run games such as Call of Duty and Destiny with ease.

Any suggestions?

MiguelRissi, Sep 2, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Impossible error with graphics

No solution but I had time to browse to MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME | Motherboards | ASUS USA
    and look at the board. What I noticed is that Item 7 on that list of features shows that all 4 of the PCIe X16 are not exactly the same, 3 are designated as CPU and 1 is designated as PCH. I think the manual needs to be explored to get the meaning of the differences and whether they can be all used together or the combinations possible.

I'm not yet that familiar with the newer UEFI BIOS and new features but the older BIOS set up the features included on the motherboard and the Operating System used those settings to know how to run devices.

Berton, Sep 2, 2016
  5. You can run cards in the first 3 in sli but not the 4th. I had it setup with a card in slot 1 and 3 that were in sli and 1 card in slot 4 for physx. Worked fine for over a year and then stopped without ability to be repaired.

Matthew123, Sep 2, 2016
  6. Update! With the replacement board it will use the card in 2 or 3 if I turn off all other slots. So all slots do work. This means windowS 10 is having the issue.

Matthew123, Sep 2, 2016
  7. Another update...... reinstalled windows 10. Not the issue. Only remaining explanation is that my computer hates me. If anyone thinks of anything please help.

Matthew123, Sep 3, 2016
  8. Tom886 Win User

I suspect more that you have a software which incompatible or a driver which is incompatible (old ones) is causing the problem.

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Impossible error with graphics - Similar Threads - Impossible error graphics

2. Impossible to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Impossible to sign in: My computer recently did an update. The update restarted the computer a few times. When it completed I tried to login in with my pin but it says its been disabled due top too many failed attempts I've had none.The only other sign in option it gives me is the camera which is...
  3. Graphics Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Error: My laptop: Acer Aspire 5-a515-56-7699 which I just bought 10 months ago, is having some rough time, it keeps on having random black screens, bluescreens or just freezes and has random mosaic lines going around. I ran a hardware diagnostics, it found nothing but some settings...
  4. Graphics Error

Graphics Error: My laptop: Acer Aspire 5-a515-56-7699 which I just bought 10 months ago, is having some rough time, it keeps on having random black screens, bluescreens or just freezes and has random mosaic lines going around. I ran a hardware diagnostics, it found nothing but some settings...
  5. Memory graphics error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory graphics error: Why is the memory graphics level on my device at 0 MB, when the total space is 256 MB?. How can I fix it, and get it working at full capacity? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-graphics-error/000b9863-3cbf-4142-9417-12f9af3a5c7d
  6. Graphics driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics driver error: - My computer has a 'graphics driver' error, I have tried many ways to fix it but it doesn't work. The 'graphics driver' is faulty causing my 'Powerpoint' software to show an error, everything is torn diagonally. easiest way that I can tell, and sometimes, in 'Windows'...
  7. Graphics driver error

Graphics driver error: - My computer has a 'graphics driver' error, I have tried many ways to fix it but it doesn't work. The 'graphics driver' is faulty causing my 'Powerpoint' software to show an error, everything is torn diagonally. easiest way that I can tell, and sometimes, in 'Windows'...
  8. Graphics driver error

9. Graphics error

Graphics error: So I have a amd radeon hd 7400m series graphics card . but when I install the driver for this I get blue screen of death BSOD . I have spend a lot of days to solve this , But I can't . At last I was able to install it by rolling back my intel graphics driver . but laptop can...
  10. Graphics hardware error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics hardware error: When using Facebook on Firefox it freezes up and I get this pop up Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware. Application firefox.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware. What's up with that? Only on firefox do I have this issue. It's been...