Windows 10: Impossible to starts some exe files!

Discus and support Impossible to starts some exe files! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello everyone, I need help as I have tried all of what i have found in this and other forums, whitout any success. Since a week icant start some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by prarial, Aug 2, 2017.

1. prarial Win User

Impossible to starts some exe files!

hello everyone,

I need help as I have tried all of what i have found in this and other forums, whitout any success.
    Since a week icant start some exe files and i dont know why only some!
    i have appleied what was described in Restore Default File Type Associations in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials ,
    but no better results.
    I have scanned my laptop for virus or malwares, and its clean.
    for example i want start Acronis, then win10 say cant find the file even so i try to start it directly from the exe file!
    same if i want to start ACDSee and some others applications.

For others files its perfectly ok, like AVG PCtune; Malwarebytes, Microsoft Office and so many others.

I have also tried to install again the sotware which doesnt start but it is the same.

Some people suggested that possibly a dll have been modified, but how to find out?
    I hope someone will be able to help me as my next step would be to fully reinstall windows and all applications.

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

:)

prarial, Aug 2, 2017

2. running exe from lumia

.exe files can be only run on a PC. Not going into technicalities, it is impossible to run .exe files on your windows phone.

Stranger_Hanyo, Aug 2, 2017
  3. How to disable autohide feature for navigation bar (back/start/search) on Lumia 950XL

How to disable auto hide feature for navigation bar (back/start/search) on Lumia 950XL. In some applications (ex.: QuizUp) it is quit hard to swipe up to display back the bar. Thus making it impossible to navigate in the app and out of the app.

alfa-batsi, Aug 2, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

What specific error do you get when you try to start the exe files that don't start?

pepanee, Aug 2, 2017
  5. prarial Win User
    Hi pepanee, thanks for your prompt reply.
    The messages are:
    "an error occured while starting the application.
    Windows cannot find "the file name XXXX....." (the filename and the full adress are correct)

Impossible to starts some exe files! [​IMG]

This problem occured only with some files.
    i did SFC/SCANNOW but windows couldnt find any problem.
    I tried to restore the .exe file as recommanded on the site but nothing happened.

I hope you may find a solution.

Thanks & Regards

prarial, Aug 2, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    It seems that the exe file itself has gone missing.

Open File Explorer and go to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\DiskDirector\

See if you can find DiskDirector.exe
    (It is probably not there). Something may have deleted that file. Something or someone my have accidentally uninstalled the program? Try to reinstall the program.

pepanee, Aug 2, 2017
  7. prarial Win User
    Sorry I may have not been clear enough.
    The files are presents and the adress are exact. Even if I click directely on the file name I have the same problem.
    I have also reinstalled the software and still the same.
    This kind of problem occured with some of the applications in my computer.

prarial, Aug 2, 2017
  8. pepanee Win User

I apologize, it's my fault for misunderstanding. It's that I've never seen an error like that without the file itself is missing. Let me look some more on why this is happening. Hope some other people have other information too.

pepanee, Aug 2, 2017
  9. prarial Win User
    Ok dont worry about.

I have looked around on so many forum and I'm almost getting crazy about this issue.
    Anyhow thanks a lot for your help
    Regards

prarial, Aug 2, 2017
  10. pibrom Win User
    Right click on the exe file, go to properties and check whether the file is locked.

pibrom, Aug 2, 2017
  11. Check if your Anti-Virus is blocking that exe? and kindly report back

MetalSaint, Aug 3, 2017
  12. prarial Win User
    Hi, thanks for your reply, but i dont see anything in the properties that say the file is locked or not.

Regards

prarial, Aug 3, 2017
  13. prarial Win User

Hello thanks for your reply, but the antivirus is not blocking and even if i stop the antivirus is still the same.
    Regards

prarial, Aug 3, 2017
  14. pepanee Win User
    Hello, so I looked around a little bit just now. I did a Bing search: exe file not found - Bing

And I found this site: Windows cannot find - some apps only - Super User
    Scroll down and try doing the thing said to do in the registry. Hopefully this will fix it. If not, then click on the Bing search result link and maybe you can look at alternate attempts for the solution.

pepanee, Aug 3, 2017
  15. Sorry If I was not clear, I did not mean the file properties I mean your Anti-virus program might be blocking the file not windows.

E.G like mine when my anti-virus blocks the file I get the same error message that you got, also disable your anti-virus and see if its going to work or not?

MetalSaint, Aug 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Impossible to starts some exe files! - Similar Threads - Impossible starts exe

2. why is there a g infront of some .exe files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there a g infront of some .exe files?: so i looked it up and i found i had a malware called ground.exe, how do i get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-a-g-infront-of-some-exe-files/b5ef8b6e-28bc-43d8-9e4c-db27ecdf12e5
  3. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  4. Certain .exe files refuse to start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain .exe files refuse to start: I have a problem where certain, not all .exe files refuse to boot. What happens is I start them up and then nothing happens. When I check in task manager, the process is there for a couple of seconds and then disappears. This doesn't happen with all .exe files, as many still...
  5. cant run some exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant run some exe files: I am trying to run an .exe file. It was working fine the other day, then all of a sudden it quit opening. It acts like it is opening, but doesn't. It doesn't come up in the task manager. The file i am trying to use is Autodesk.Aec.Content.CatalogEditor.exe. Some exe...
  6. EXE files wont start

EXE files wont start: Hello, guys! I have an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Media Center Edition (Joke, It is actually Home) x64 and I've just downloaded an application used for TV when I'm gone, but it won't start! I've edited the registry, Ran as an Administrator, I can't start safe mode, nothing...
  7. Some .exe and .jar files wont run.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some .exe and .jar files wont run.: First i got Minecraft.jar which works at school but not at home it keeps on saying what do you want to use to run this. Then i got infiniminer.exe tried to run it and the same thing happened. Please help....
  8. Cant open some .exe files

Cant open some .exe files: I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly" [img] [img] 80284
  9. some .exe files hang

in Windows 10 Support
    some .exe files hang: In the last 48 hours, some .exe files do not execute. If started from explorer, explorer hangs. No error messages. These files run on another Win 10 machine. Nothing obvious in the event viewer. I note that *.exe file cannot be deleted when the system is in this state. I must...
  10. EXE files and Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    EXE files and Start menu: Is there any way I can put an .exe file on the Start menu? I know I can put a link to it on the desktop but that has too many icons on it already. Thank you. 22594