Windows 10: Improve screen size

Discus and support Improve screen size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, This is my first post. I have just update a dell tablet to win 10. I would like to increase the screen viewing area and have auto hidden the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by steveC, Nov 9, 2015.

1. steveC Win User

Improve screen size

Hi All,

This is my first post. I have just update a dell tablet to win 10. I would like to increase the screen viewing area and have auto hidden the task bar.

My question is about the 2 top bars, ( not sure of the correct names ). Can either of these bars be hidden/removed/disabled and so increase the screen size.

I know how to go full screen when I reach my target page, its just in the general viewing scenario that I wish a larger viewing size.

Thanks all.

:)

steveC, Nov 9, 2015

2. What happen to the control panel that allow me to change the text size

Did what you said and moved to "change size of text apps other item" there was no Advanced display setting to that advanced sizing of Text....that is want to change Screen text size, not what I wanted....want to change the menu bars not screen font sized.
    But there was and advanced sizing to Text to select....only option I had was the scale from 100% to 175%....Totally not the answer...and want menu text size not screen sizing of fonts!! Totally different

EdwardJocz, Nov 9, 2015
  3. 55973448 Win User
    problem with lumia 535

"display content get larger in size"

looks like the screen magnifier is activated (double tap with two fingers or something like that).

you can turn it off in the "settings" under "ease of access". turning of the magnifier off should also improve the touchscreen performance.

55973448, Nov 9, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Improve screen size

Ztruker, Nov 9, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Use Internet Explorer instead of Microsoft Edge - F11 toggles full screen mode - not yet implemented in Microsoft Edge

NavyLCDR, Nov 9, 2015
  6. steveC Win User
    Hi Ztruker,

I am not on that device at the moment so cannot do a screen shot. However in a attempt to clarify on win 7 (and other OS ) its the same position as the menu bar.

I thought it would just be right click and un-tick a box and its gone. That option I cannot find, perhaps it does not exist.

I have found the option for the task bar to auto hide that so at least that has improved the screen size.

Comments on this query welcomed from all readers.

steveC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Improve screen size

1. Improve screen size - Similar Threads - Improve screen size

2. Screen Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Size: My screen size became much smaller than my monitor. Around the edges of my screen I have several inches of black space. Even when I go to settings and make the display size 100% recommended it doesn't work. When I make it bigger, everything on the screen gets bigger but the...
  3. Screen Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Size: My screen size became much smaller than my monitor. Around the edges of my screen I have several inches of black space. Even when I go to settings and make the display size 100% recommended it doesn't work. When I make it bigger, everything on the screen gets bigger but the...
  4. Screen sizing

Screen sizing: When I am online, I click and hold on the band at the top of the screen, just to move the whole screen over but it keeps minimizing the whole screen. I do not want to minimize it, especially when I'm trying to read the paper, I want the whole open screen to move over....
  5. Screen size

Screen size: My screen size has recently grown a little too large for my monitor. The result is that I cannot scroll down far enough in Outlook.com to enable me to create a new folder. Anyone know how to correct this?...
  6. screen sizes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen sizes: after update my two monitors displays changed screen size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-sizes/99dd2247-cdfa-47b8-8c27-f3279b598531
  7. Screen size

Screen size: Working on a TV screen at the moment. HDMI connected to TV and VGI to motherboard. Can't see edges on the screen, it was working fine up to this moment. Mouse sensitivity has changed too. Picture attached [IMG]...
  8. screen size

screen size: how do I change screen size. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-size/5ec783a1-b013-4eba-9550-2367efd14d3c
  9. screen size

screen size: I did something and my screen reverted to half size from full size How do I get it back to full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-size/ad72fb3f-c5cc-4e90-8cf2-b36c084809d3
  10. screen size

screen size: I have a 19.5" screen, but it seems have shrunk. Can anybody help? Tried settings etc. but nothing much happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/screen-size/6b94b5a6-5872-46ad-baca-fccccc516f4a