Windows 10: Improving the C++ Developer Experience in Visual Studio 2015

Discus and support Improving the C++ Developer Experience in Visual Studio 2015 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Harness the speed, performance and portability of modern C++ with the power of Visual Studio 2015 Update 2. This release includes remote debugging on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Improving the C++ Developer Experience in Visual Studio 2015

Source: Improving the C++ Developer Experience in Visual Studio 2015 | The Visual Studio Blog

:)

Brink, Apr 12, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

visual studio

If you start uninstalling bits and pieces then some parts of the program, or older programs, may fail to work properly. Did you select all these so called extras or were they installed automatically. If the latter then you may need them?

Visual Studio 2015 System Requirements

Visual Studio 2013 System Requirements

"In Visual Studio 2015, Visual C++ is not installed by default. When installing, be sure to choose Custom installation and then choose the C++ components you require. Or, if Visual Studio is already installed, choose File | New | Project | C++ and you will
    be prompted to install the necessary components."

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

Visual C++ in Visual Studio 2015

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

Make the Visual Studio installer more customizable

Linney, Apr 12, 2016
  3. Will visual studio 2013 run on windows 10?!

I am wondering if Visual Studio 2013 will run properly on Windows 10. I have installed Visual Studio update 5. If it's not going to work, will my project that I have developed in Visual Studio 2013 work in Visual Studio 2015?!

Majid Hakeem, Apr 12, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks for the information,

BunnyJ, Apr 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Improving the C++ Developer Experience in Visual Studio 2015 - Similar Threads - Improving C++ Developer

2. Cannot install Windows Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Windows Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015: I am on windows 8.1. I have it installed on a 2011 max spec iMac using bootcamp. My reason for doing this is that I wanted to play Beamng.Drive, as I have previously. It used to work, but now it doesn't, most likely because the game was updated. It said It needed some DLL...
  3. Cannot install Windows Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Windows Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015: I am on windows 8.1. I have it installed on a 2011 max spec iMac using bootcamp. My reason for doing this is that I wanted to play Beamng.Drive, as I have previously. It used to work, but now it doesn't, most likely because the game was updated. It said It needed some DLL...
  4. Visual Studio 2015 Installation issue

Visual Studio 2015 Installation issue: Helloi have intended to install vs 2015 with update 3 on my laptop, but i am getting an error and could not solve it myself.i have installed it on another device and everything is fine, OS of this Device is windows 8.1,The laptop OS is 10.The error :Visual Studio Core...
  5. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x86 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x86 Windows 10: Hello, I am running Windows 10 PRo Retail x64 and have a piece of software I want to install. But when I try to install it says it needs Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 x86. Is it safe to install that version on my 64bit Windows 10 version? Will it...
  6. Cannot install/uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install/uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015: I'm attempting to install Avid Sibelius on my PC and it has an error message: "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem". This I think? is the 2015 C++ Redistributable package, which I've downloaded,...
  7. I can't install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" . Help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't install "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" . Help.: [ATTACH] As can be seen from the image, I can't install it. I tried 64x and 86x same, restart didn't change this, neither did administrator. It's very inconvenient as I've had some issues with games lately and I thought maybe this could fix it. Any help on how I can...
  8. visual C++2015

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    visual C++2015: I need to install this in order to make a newly downloaded photo app open and work. But the visual c will not install unless I uninstall a prior version. I understand that I should not so this and that my older and most used programs may no longer work if they were bound to...
  9. Can't install Visual Studio 2015.

Can't install Visual Studio 2015.: Visual studio community 2015 throws up error and stops.. [img] The log file. dd_vs_community_20160814063743.log I have checked the sha1 and the image is not corrupted as the sha1 matches. 60159
  10. Visual Studio 2015 Stuttering

Visual Studio 2015 Stuttering: Visual Studio 2015 stutters on my computer in the sense that everything freezes up for like 2-3 secs before returning to normal. (Even the blinking typing thing freezes in a solid line) The only other software which I encounter this is ezvid video editor. I'm guessing...