Windows 10: In built mic not visible as option.

Discus and support In built mic not visible as option. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My machine is Asus S400CA. When I select recording devices, I see headset microphone or desktop microphone(not in-built) or other(built into other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lvgandhi, Aug 1, 2015.

1. lvgandhi Win User

In built mic not visible as option.

My machine is Asus S400CA. When I select recording devices, I see headset microphone or desktop microphone(not in-built) or other(built into other devices). I could chat using skype ot hangout in win 8.1 before upgrading to win10. Now I am unable to do it. How to get inbuilt mic in to use?

:)

lvgandhi, Aug 1, 2015

2. In windows 10 In built mic not visible as option.

madam, sorry to say, that you should read the question before starting mechanical type of answering.

I have written that when I select recording devices, I see headset microphone or desktop microphone(not in-built) or other(built into other devices). Title of my question is

In your first part, these things are not considered.

If I would have seen in-built mic as option, I would not have posted here.

Your second part also does not produce any change in my system.

I would be happy to get back my In built mic working which is missing as recording option.

L.V.Gandhi, Aug 1, 2015
  3. In windows 10 In built mic not visible as option.

Hi Gandhi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Sound Recorder.

a. Close all back applications, especially, Sound Recorder or other
    multimedia applications.

b. At Windows Start Tile screen, move the cursor or touch lower right screen & bring out the "Search" function.

c. At the "Search" panel, look for "Control Panel" and then launch it.

d. At the "Control Panel", look for "Sound" and then launch it.

e. Click on the Recording tab.

f. Select the recording source, for example, Line In 2/Mic 2, and then click
    Set Default
    . Recording device will be marked with a green tick mark.

g. Adjust the input level if you have difficulty recording. Click
    Properties, and then click on Levels.

Method 2:
    Reinstall the Driver.

If the issue still persists, then I would suggest you to reinstall the driver and check. Refer to these steps:

a. Press Windows key + X, select device manager.

b. Locate the Audio adapter, right click and select properties.

c. Click on the driver tab and click uninstall to uninstall the current driver.

d. Now, restart the computer and Windows will load the generic audio driver for the computer.

e. Check if you face the same issue with the Windows generic drivers.

f. If yes, download and install the latest audio driver.

g. Now, right click on the audio adapter and select “Scan for hardware changes”.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 1, 2015
  4. lvgandhi Win User

I have removed old drivers in audio inputs and outputs and also VIA HD Audio in Sound, video and Game controllers and also form programs and features. Then restarted computer. I saw microsoft drivers were installed. Now mic is working with skype.

lvgandhi, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. In built mic not visible as option. - Similar Threads - built mic visible

2. Wifi option is not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option is not visible: It is intermittently happening, that wifi option is going to close, disappearing the WIFI option under settings option. I try some actions given as resolution from microsoft community, because there are some similar questions. Even I could not understand, which solution is...
  3. Wifi option is not visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi option is not visible: It is intermittently happening, that wifi option is going to close, disappearing the WIFI option under settings option. I try some actions given as resolution from microsoft community, because there are some similar questions. Even I could not understand, which solution is...
  4. Wifi option is not visible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in mic and mic-in jack not working properly: My microphone jack went out on my GL73 laptop and Built-in mic; I have seen posts of this happening but I don't know if I should download the same SCM file as I've seen on threads...
  6. Sign in option is not visible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in option is not visible: when i turn on my lappy its showing like this. But i am unable to sign in to my account. What can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-not-visible/524ed6c0-3e83-484f-8b1a-6e73f938004d
  7. built-in mic problem

built-in mic problem: does Duolingo messes up the built-in mic? mine stop working after using Duolingo. Coincidence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-mic-problem/4eba2712-4817-4b78-a890-92174b7ec0e0
  8. Headphone with built-in Mic

Headphone with built-in Mic: I want to use Mic and speaker both of my headphones with the same one port at a time....What needs to be done to help this..I don't want to use stereo mix as it records system volumn... any solution for this??...
  9. Problem with built-in mic

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with built-in mic: I upgraded a system on my Kiano tablet but the built-in mic is not recognized. I tried all the methods I could find to make the mic work but the only one that works is using Bluetooth...
  10. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic: Hi all, I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop. I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built...