Windows 10: In DLNA client I can see my PC-folders but not my music files in there

Discus and support In DLNA client I can see my PC-folders but not my music files in there in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Streaming is turned on on my PC (W10). Using BubbleUpnP on my android phone. When selecting my PC as a server then navigating to my folders with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hgs, Dec 27, 2016.

1. HGS
    hgs Win User

In DLNA client I can see my PC-folders but not my music files in there

Streaming is turned on on my PC (W10).
    Using BubbleUpnP on my android phone.
    When selecting my PC as a server then navigating to my folders with
    my music, mp3 and wav, I see all folders, but these folders are shown as empty.
    I tried other DLNA clients, but they also show me empty folders.

This worked before and can't figure out what the problem is.

Mediaplayer on my W10 system shows me all my music files in all my folders just fine.
    I have rebuild the media database, checked that wmpnetwk is running, build a home network group
    but nothing works.
    Checked also all event logs but have not found any hints to what the problem could be.
    Pretty much clueless for now !

Any ideas ?

Regards
    Heinz

:)

2. How can I stream videos from my PC to my 808?

Is there any way or app to stream videos and music from my PC to my Nokia 808 PureView (DLNA/UPnP Client).

Nokia has the "Play to" DLNA server app but it hasn't DLNA client mode for playing my movies on my phone.

Any solution or app? Thanks in advantage.

Cosmyc---01, Dec 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 DLNA media streaming from PC to Xbox One not working correctly

This didn't help. I have 3 computers running Win 10. Two of them work fine with DLNA. Clients can see all folders. However; no client can see the folders on my third (primary computer).

TIA

RobertWhiteNM, Dec 27, 2016
  4. In DLNA client I can see my PC-folders but not my music files in there

Have you tried to disable firewall on your Windows 10 machine just to see if it is interfering in some manner. Not sure why it would let you see folders but not files? That said it is a quick test.

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2016
  5. HGS
    hgs Win User
    Did two things, uninstalled almost all of the w10 standard apps,
    then again I manually forced sharing of all folders containing
    my mp3 and wav files, now it works.

Why ?
    Don't ask me .

Regards
    Heinz

Thema:

In DLNA client I can see my PC-folders but not my music files in there

1. In DLNA client I can see my PC-folders but not my music files in there - Similar Threads - DLNA client folders

2. How can I see my 'contacts' in my 'contacts' folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I see my 'contacts' in my 'contacts' folder?: Microsoft takes all my links and wants to store them in the cloud. I want to see my links in my local 'contacts' and 'favourites'. What's up Microsoft? Can't you do that? If you need to have them in the cloud, can you also store them back into my local folders....
  3. How can I see my 'contacts' in my 'contacts' folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I see my 'contacts' in my 'contacts' folder?: Microsoft takes all my links and wants to store them in the cloud. I want to see my links in my local 'contacts' and 'favourites'. What's up Microsoft? Can't you do that? If you need to have them in the cloud, can you also store them back into my local folders....
  4. How can I see my 'contacts' in my 'contacts' folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to get Windows' Groove Music to see my files

Trying to get Windows' Groove Music to see my files: I'm trying to use Windows' Groove Music. The first screen I see is it asking me where my music is stored. The folder in the C: path shown only has two items. I have 27 music files in the form of mp3 files.So I click the + sign. I point it to the path of This PC > Music, which...
  6. Trying to get Windows' Groove Music to see my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to get Windows' Groove Music to see my files: I'm trying to use Windows' Groove Music. The first screen I see is it asking me where my music is stored. The folder in the C: path shown only has two items. I have 27 music files in the form of mp3 files.So I click the + sign. I point it to the path of This PC > Music, which...
  7. DLNA Folders disappeared

DLNA Folders disappeared: I have had a DLNA media server set up on my Windows 10 PC for a couple of years. A few days ago my folders disappeared from view. I can see my video files, but just all clumped together. When I look for my folders, they are gone. Files are visible, but folders are gone. I...
  8. Win10 DLNA can see folders but not video files, folder looks empty

Win10 DLNA can see folders but not video files, folder looks empty: I have streaming turned on. I have added my A:\Video directory where my videos are to my Video library. On my Roku TV, I see my windows DLNA server, and I see the VIDEO folder but cant see the videos, it looks empty even though there are 100 videos in it. Dont see any...
  9. Win10 DLNA can see folders but not video files, folder looks empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 DLNA can see folders but not video files, folder looks empty: I have streaming turned on. I have added my A:\Video directory where my videos are to my Video library. On my Roku TV, I see my windows DLNA server, and I see the VIDEO folder but cant see the videos, it looks empty even though there are 100 videos in it. Dont see any...
  10. DLNA client support gone

DLNA client support gone: Any idea why support to view a dlna server in file explorer is gone? I was able to view my Serviio media server before, but it is completely missing. any ideas on how to re-enable functionality? i have restarted/ troubleshooted both machines many times....