Windows 10: In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off

Discus and support In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Read more: In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off | ZDNet They also bought then abandoned Links Golf. They sold the old IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Pokester, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Pokester Win User

In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off

They also bought then abandoned Links Golf. They sold the old IP off and the old game is still sold today. Just a minor patch to the old game. They really have ruined just about everything they have touched.

Pokester, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read more: In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Entegy Win User
    xbox music vs zune

It feels very wrong that the product that started Microsoft off on its current designs was so unceremoniously killed. In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off ;)

Entegy, Apr 8, 2018
  4. In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off

Future plans business use and file access needs?

There's no doubt about it, this phone was designed to be a consumer based phone first. That's been well documented all over the forums, Microsoft website, etc. Enterprise capabilities will come later.

I can't count the number of complaints out here about what WP7 doesn't have that WinMobile had. This was NOT an upgrade of WinMobile. Think of it this way... WinMobile was Blackberry. They were the ONLY competitors in the corporate smartphone market.
    iPhone and Android came along as purely consumer devices. As they started adding "enterprise" features, the everyday user started demanding use of the device in the enterprise. IT has started to realize the additional productivity and cost benefits to allow
    consumers to use their own devices to do work. Now, iPhone and Android are beginning to move into the enterprise space very heavily. Microsoft decides to kill off WinMobile (much like iPhone and Android are doing to Blackberry). Along comes Microsoft's
    new iPhone/Android. The 1.0 version is purely consumer with some small IT appeal. Afterall, they are Microsoft so they couldn't avoid some tie-in with their enterprise productivity products. As the OS develops, they will add more enterprise and consumer
    features, just as iPhone and Android have.

Microsoft is behind the times, so we really have to hope that they can add/update these features at a faster pace. They've put a lot of stock in WP7, so I have to assume they can.

Long story short... This phone is not an enterprise device. If you have a small business and want to view work email on your device, sure, it can be set up. However, if you want to manage your business with your WP7, it's NOT going to happen anytime soon.
    Nor will it with the iPhone, Android, or Blackberry (no offense to not mentioned devices).

SpaceAce999, Apr 8, 2018
  5. swarfega Win User
    The only thing I miss from that list is WMC, still mourn its passing.

swarfega, Apr 8, 2018
  6. I miss Train Simulator. There is also Paint and Calc, but luckily Winaero took care of that. *Smile

TairikuOkami, Apr 8, 2018
  7. Faith Win User
    Anyone remember Microsoft Bob?

Faith, Apr 8, 2018
  8. dougout Win User

How about Clippy the talking paper clip.

dougout, Apr 8, 2018
  9. Faith Win User
    He's still kickin' around on these forums as a pic *Cool

Faith, Apr 8, 2018
  10. I miss Clippy. I kept him active in Outlook forever lol.

Access Denied, Apr 8, 2018
  11. Phone Man Win User
    Windows Phone is a bummer.
    I worked for 5 years with Verizon Wireless before I retired and they supplied us phones which were mostly flip phones.
    After I retired I decide to go with a Lumina Icon for wife and myself.
    Great phone but they are stuck on W10 1607 and no hope for the future.
    I see so many apps for Apple and Android I would like to try but very little for windows.
    Batteries are getting worn but new batteries can still be found.

Hanging on for now as prices are out of site.

Jim *Sad

Phone Man, Apr 8, 2018
  12. Bree New Member
    You do know that the XP in Office XP stands for "eX Paperclip"?

[youtube]tu_Pzuwy-JY[/youtube]

13. In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off

*chuckle too funny. Thanks for the laugh *Thumbs

Access Denied, Apr 8, 2018
  14. Only thing from that list I miss is Nokia! R.I.P. Nokia! (the real mobile business, not the Android-phone marketing name going on lately. It's far from same thing) *Smile

slicendice, Apr 8, 2018
  15. dougout Win User
    "Windows Live" can be added to the list.

dougout, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

1. In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off - Similar Threads - Memoriam consumer products

2. Why are Microsoft consumer products so bad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are Microsoft consumer products so bad?: Of course the answer is in the question. Microsoft doesn't care about consumers. They don't have any money and they don't know anything about computers.That is where professional users come in. They have lots of money and they don't know anything about computers. I am old and...
  3. Why are Microsoft consumer products so bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are Microsoft consumer products so bad?: Of course the answer is in the question. Microsoft doesn't care about consumers. They don't have any money and they don't know anything about computers.That is where professional users come in. They have lots of money and they don't know anything about computers. I am old and...
  4. Why are Microsoft consumer products so bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Updates are killing my productivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updates are killing my productivity: I work from home. Zoom calls and software development over internet connections.My internet speed is the fastest that I can get at my location, and that is 1.5 Mbps download and 0.2 Mbps upload. If I could get faster internet here, I would. Fiber is not in my area. I am in...
  6. This Week in IT – Is Microsoft Killing Off Patch Tuesday?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This Week in IT – Is Microsoft Killing Off Patch Tuesday?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IT_PRO_21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u9n8kx/this_week_in_it_is_microsoft_killing_off_patch/
  7. Will Microsoft launch a consumer Microsoft 365 subscription product?

in Windows 10 News
    Will Microsoft launch a consumer Microsoft 365 subscription product?: Microsoft has put a strong focus on subscriptions in the past couple of years. The company launched Office 365 for consumers, businesses and Enterprises, and Microsoft 365 for businesses and Enterprises. The two subscription-based products provide customers with access to...
  8. All microsoft products

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All microsoft products: My account has been hacked, so has all of my devices. I don't know which products are associated with my account. I've only accessed this account 2 times to set up an xbox. Impersonation also. Help...
  9. Killing off 'Mail'

in Browsers and Email
    Killing off 'Mail': Please, anyone, 1. Can I disable Mail altogether? I am perfectly happy with 'Live Mail' - but not about constant duplication. 2. And, if I can't, where does all the incoming mail go, it I don't tediously delete each one? 3. If I do have to tediously delete each one,...
  10. Microsoft's recent history with consumer products and services

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's recent history with consumer products and services: In the Satya Nadella era, Microsoft is all business. Well, almost all business. Microsoft's gaming division seems pretty healthy these days. Anchored by the Xbox console and some popular game titles, that division brought in nearly $4 billion in revenue in the quarter that...