Windows 10: In other news, Facebook is.....

Discus and support In other news, Facebook is..... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; ...down.... Facebook Will Be Back Soon Facebook is down for required maintenance right now, but you should be able to get back on within a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Rickkins, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

In other news, Facebook is.....

...down....

:)

Rickkins, Oct 7, 2014

2. People hub, facebook, error in news feed

I have a bizarre problem.

Facebook news feed shows in my people hub "what's new" section. On the facebook page, i employ a strict filtering so as not to see all those annoying "news" from games and apps people use. Everything but the real status updates (post's, pictures and links)
    from my real friends are shown there.

But, on my "What's new" feed, there is one of my friends whose "sim's social" game updates keep showing, even though i have blocked and filtered that game. What's worse, it seems that there are some kind of pleads for help by people playing that game that
    get published on the walls of people who are friends or neighbors or whatever withing the game , so i am bombarded by these pleads coming from the people i have never heard of but who are friends with this friend of mine . Those sim's social "news" make up
    something like 20% of my news feed. that's been going on for months now, and mango did not help.

To be clear, these "news" do not show on the feed at facebook.com. But, they also appear in facebook app. It is perplexing.

Omnia7

WP 7.5

OS version 7.10.7720.68

davor.radman, Oct 7, 2014
  3. People hub, facebook, error in news feed

Damn..

Thanks for the clarification though.

davor.radman, Oct 7, 2014
Thema:

In other news, Facebook is.....

1. In other news, Facebook is..... - Similar Threads - news Facebook

2. Facebook gives you more control and context in News Feed

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook gives you more control and context in News Feed: [ATTACH] Control What You Share Today we’re introducing a new tool to give you more control over what you share to News Feed by managing who can comment on your public posts. Now, you can control your commenting audience for a given public post by choosing from...
  3. Facebook Now Prioritizing Original News Reporting on News Feed

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Now Prioritizing Original News Reporting on News Feed: [img] When we ask people what kind of news they want to see on Facebook, they continually tell us they want news stories that are credible and informative. Today, we’re updating the way news stories are ranked in News Feed to prioritize original reporting and...
  4. Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours on my news feed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours on my news feed: Hi, It appears this issue has come up before on this forum, but not in this particular form. My Facebook crashes after only scrolling a few hours into my news feed. It used to go back 24 hours or more, and even then it would just not go any farther, it wouldn't crash. Now,...
  5. Introducing Facebook News

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Facebook News: Testing a dedicated place for news in the US By Campbell Brown, VP, Global News Partnerships and Mona Sarantakos, Product Manager, News Journalism plays a critical role in our democracy. When news is deeply-reported and well-sourced it gives people information they can rely...
  6. Facebook introduces 'Why am I seeing this post' in News Feed

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces 'Why am I seeing this post' in News Feed: News Feed is always personalized to you — and starting today you’ll have even more information and control over your experience. We’re introducing “Why am I seeing this post?” to help you better understand and more easily control what you see from friends, Pages and Groups...
  7. Facebook removing Trending news section

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook removing Trending news section: We’re removing Trending soon to make way for future news experiences on Facebook. We introduced Trending in 2014 as a way to help people discover news topics that were popular across the Facebook community. However, it was only available in five countries and accounted for...
  8. Helping Ensure News on Facebook Is From Trusted Sources

in Windows 10 News
    Helping Ensure News on Facebook Is From Trusted Sources: Last week, we announced major changes to News Feed that are designed to help bring people closer together by encouraging more meaningful connections on Facebook. As a result, people will see less public content, including news, video and posts from brands. Today we’re...
  9. Facebook Replacing Disputed Flags for Fake News with Related Articles

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook Replacing Disputed Flags for Fake News with Related Articles: Facebook is about connecting you to the people that matter most. And discussing the news can be one way to start a meaningful conversation with friends or family. It’s why helping to ensure that you get accurate information on Facebook is so important to us. Today, we’re...
  10. More Local News on Facebook, Globally

in Windows 10 News
    More Local News on Facebook, Globally: Local news helps people connect to their communities about the issues that are closest to home. Earlier this year, we announced a change in the US to prioritize local news so people can see topics that have a direct impact on their community and discover what’s happening in...