Windows 10: In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked

Discus and support In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was checking emails, and I didnt clicked any link,neither I installed any add-on, I suddenly got alert to restart the pc to disable user accounts and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PCguy, Apr 14, 2017.

1. PCguy Win User

In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked

I was checking emails, and I didnt clicked any link,neither I installed any add-on, I suddenly got alert to restart the pc to disable user accounts and it get restart automatically.
    When it starts,after login screen its displaying this.

In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked [​IMG]

I have re-installed windows, and after reinstalling,I was just updating windows and while they were getting updated, it re-started automatically and after restarting the same screen starts appearing. I am very much tensed, what should I do to make it work again?
    I have contacted the seller too,but they said too it seems that it has been hacked.
    PS: I am using this laptop for last 9 months,and I purchased it brand new

:)

PCguy, Apr 14, 2017

2. I think I have been hacked by a known source

I have been having problems with my Outlook ever since I accepted a work at home position a month or so ago.

It was so bad that I was almost locked out of my hotmail. My telephone number was changed and I did not remember doing it. It seemed like the last 4 digits were correct, but the rest of the number may have been altered.

Then recently I was getting responses from GO TO WEBINAR with the name of the person who who the work at home opportunity... It appeared as though they were coming from HIM and NOT Go To Webinars. I contacted Go To Webinars and we even cleaned this person
    out of my address book... I deleted all messages from him in my outlook. I even deleted all messages from him on my computer. He is THE LAST PERSON I would want to have access to my private emails. I am feeling violated. How can this be? How can he
    hack my hotmail and Go To Webinar messages so that it looks like they are coming from him. I tried clearing his name from my hotmail... but it STILL shows that HE sent the message from Go To Webinar! We even did a screen exchange... she showed where she
    signed up for my webinar and the response came from Adrienne Obey - but what came in to my Outlook showed that the message came to/from Jim and then To ME! That makes no Sense? Why is HIS name showing on the message?

I am so freaked out right now... can anyone help me... gain control of my account again?

I can not change my email password until tomorrow I think because they would not let ME change it... and I am the real owner... please someone help me... I do not know how this has happened... but I do not want ANYONE else to have access to my account accept
    ME! Please help!

AdrienneObey, Apr 14, 2017
  3. I think I've been hacked by Fake Windows Essential...HELP!

Were you thinking of Windows Server Essentials 2016, CJ?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 14, 2017
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Hi PCguy. Welcome to the forum. Did you by the laptop from store or from an individual? I'm wondering if it was stolen from Boz Allen Hamilton?

SoFine409, Apr 14, 2017
  5. PCguy Win User
    I have purchased it from store and I have sales reciept of it too

PCguy, Apr 14, 2017
  6. Edwin New Member
    Call the number, see if they can help you.

Edwin, Apr 14, 2017
  7. dencal Win User
    If as you state you have reinstalled the O/S, it seems likely that your router has been compromised.
    Open Task Manager and in Services see if anything odd is running, if any suspect highlight and click on end task.
    Shut down computer and "Disconnect router from electricity source". Reconnect router to power and turn on computer.

dencal, Apr 14, 2017
  8. SoFine409 Win User

That's good so we can rule that out. The router reset that Dencal suggested is that next thing to do.

SoFine409, Apr 14, 2017
  9. sml156 Win User
    My guess is the computer is probably stolen, The reason you keep getting that message is because they (Booz Allan Hamilton) have some code in the BIOS that only lets their employees use the computer.

There is probably no way around this, Take the computer and get your money back if they refuse tell them you are going to have to call the police and also report it to Booz allen.

Here are a couple of google searches that made me come up with this conclusion:
    Search for the phone number:
    877 927 8278 - Google Search

Search for:
    warning This system is property of Booz Allen Hamilton
    warning: This system is property of Booa Allen Hamilton - Google Search

sml156, Apr 14, 2017
  10. Bat 1 Win User
    It is possible that You bought a refurbished model and didn't know it. Everything I found leads to Booz Allen being a Legit Company.

Only possible solution would be to remove the HDD and put in a Dock or connect it inside a desktop and low level format the HDD using a tool like http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-...l-Format-Tool/

That'll take a long time so while waiting remove the power cord, battery, and disconnect the CMOS battery from the MOBO. Press and Hold the power button for 30 seconds. You can also Do the power button a second time a few minutes later then put everything back together.

If this Fails then return it to the seller and demand Your money back with The Police present. On second thought that might be the Best Option to start with.

Bat 1, Apr 15, 2017
  11. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Apr 15, 2017
  12. PCguy Win User
    I have deleted the partitions and re-installed, But I cant do any thing after that screen,how can I open task manager?
    If its a stolen PC,how I was able to used it for 8 months?

PCguy, Apr 15, 2017
  13. dencal Win User

Have you disconnected the router from the power source as suggested in post #5.?

dencal, Apr 15, 2017
  14. SoFine409 Win User
    Yes, the timing is really strange. Booz Allen Hamilton is a big time company and naturally they have a huge IT department. I'd definitely give them a call and they will know by the serial number whether or not your unit was every actually in their inventory. With them involved you should have no problems getting your money back from the seller. It may be that they sold it, big firms replace their equipment frequently, and the seller pulled a fast one on you but never really wipped it throughly.

SoFine409, Apr 15, 2017
  15. PCguy Win User
    dencal I am unable to do anything after this screen, please elavorate, do you mean that I am having issue in my network router?

sml156 ,Bat 1 If you are saying its re-furbished or stolen then I cant understand how I was able to use it for last 9 months?I am still suspecting someone has hacked it.

PCguy, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

1. In Progress I think my laptop has been hacked - Similar Threads - Progress laptop has

2. I think I've been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I've been hacked: I had an alert pop up and was asked to call 855-451-2951. I was connected with Microsoft but I want to verify that it was actually microsoft and not a hack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-ive-been-hacked/5a7234e1-b771-42d6-a19f-e8125183ef3c
  3. I think I've been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I've been hacked: I had an alert pop up and was asked to call 855-451-2951. I was connected with Microsoft but I want to verify that it was actually microsoft and not a hack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-ive-been-hacked/5a7234e1-b771-42d6-a19f-e8125183ef3c
  4. I think I've been hacked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I think my microsoft account has been stolen and hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my microsoft account has been stolen and hacked: So i woke up and realized that my microsoft email was changed to an email adress called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I did some digging and im pretty sure is a russian hacker or something like that, i cannot change my microsoft adress but i have changed my...
  6. I think my microsoft account has been stolen and hacked

I think my microsoft account has been stolen and hacked: So i woke up and realized that my microsoft email was changed to an email adress called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I did some digging and im pretty sure is a russian hacker or something like that, i cannot change my microsoft adress but i have changed my...
  7. My laptop has been locked and hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been locked and hacked: I received a pop-up window stating that my laptop has a virus and that I need to call technical support to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-been-locked-and-hacked/7e56bcd6-42fb-4f39-9c29-936b5b1f78af
  8. My laptop has been locked and hacked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop has been locked and hacked: I received a pop-up window stating that my laptop has a virus and that I need to call technical support to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-has-been-locked-and-hacked/7e56bcd6-42fb-4f39-9c29-936b5b1f78af
  9. Hello i think my microsoft account has been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello i think my microsoft account has been hacked?: So basically when I tried to sign in it tells me That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one. When i click on get a new one it tells me that my Gmail is already being used with another Microsoft account. You should sign in with that...
  10. Hello i think my microsoft account has been hacked?

Hello i think my microsoft account has been hacked?: So basically when I tried to sign in it tells me That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one. When i click on get a new one it tells me that my Gmail is already being used with another Microsoft account. You should sign in with that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Laptop locked booz allen hamilton