Windows 10: In Safe Mode Diagnostics - No Log On Appearing

Discus and support In Safe Mode Diagnostics - No Log On Appearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi This is a brand new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I ran into the issue that seems common of "Critical Error - Start Menu ...." So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Selkie, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Selkie Win User

In Safe Mode Diagnostics - No Log On Appearing

Hi

This is a brand new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I ran into the issue that seems common of "Critical Error - Start Menu ...." So I have tried various fixes gleaned from forums like this, and had decided to try safe mode with diagnostics, but now I can't log in at all. So I've been trying to get back into safe mode options or msconfig but can't.

i have tried holding shift & restart - nothing
    ive done the switch it on and off 3 times and just get Windows defender running a scan and then restarting
    I've not got a bootable usb, but have booted to Windows 10 DVD and gone to Troubleshoot, CMD prompt, but it doesn't recognise msconfig

PS even tried system reset, but it won't let me.

Hoping someone can help!

:)

Selkie, Jan 22, 2017
  2. COMPTONNJ Win User

Whats happened to windows 10??

Someone in Microsoft needs to be fired! Has anyone else experienced this? The web is full of all kind of work arounds but no fixes.

1) Booting into safe mode or "diagnostic mode is BROKE. If you attempt to boot into diagnostic mode from MSCONFIG, the login screen appears without the ability to log in. Furthermore the only way out is to power down 2 times and advanced bootup will apear.
    You then need to pick item 4 (safe mode) which you then can log in and then from a command prompt choose MSCONFIG and un-select diagnostic mode. End results, many technical comments and no diagnostic mode.

What happened to safe mode / diagnostic mode?

I also tried the selective mode that sent me to the safe mode login screen which wouldn't accept any password. I had to enter a very old password (after 10 hours of effort to get back to square one.

Mind numbing!

Is microsoft even doing anything about this?

Reproduce the above at your own risk.

COMPTONNJ, Jan 22, 2017
  3. danwcx Win User
    My laptop sometimes will not log in after resuming from sleep

The issue appeared to have resolved itself back in March, possibly due to an update. However, as of last week, it has returned, only this time, it occurs every time the computer goes into sleep mode. If I put my computer in sleep mode, 100% of the time I
    cannot log back on.

I did check if it happened in safe mode. The computer does not appear to go into sleep mode at all in safe mode, it looks more like hibernation. Also, the fingerprint scanner is disabled. Nonetheless, I can still log on while in safe mode, so in the sense
    that I can close my laptop, reopen it, and log back on, the issue does not appear in safe mode.

danwcx, Jan 22, 2017
  4. dencal Win User

Try holding down Start button.....a few times if necessary.

dencal, Jan 22, 2017
  5. Selkie Win User
    Thanks Declan. I just ended up taking the plunge and did a complete restore to factory settings. It's a brand new computer so not much on it yet. Decided it would be as quick!

Selkie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. In Safe Mode Diagnostics - No Log On Appearing - Similar Threads - Safe Mode Diagnostics

2. Can't log into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log into Safe Mode: I'm able to restart my computer into Safe Mode, and then it gets to the Sign-in screen. The text cursor blinks to put in my password, but then stops blinking after a few seconds and I'm not able to type anything. My mouse cursor doesn't show up and nothing works. It's almost...
  3. Problem logging in to Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem logging in to Safe Mode: Hi Hopefully somebody can provide a solution for me to this irritating problem. A while back I wanted to purchase an App from Microsoft's store. In order to do this I needed a Microsoft account which I duly created. The app ran just fine. Somewhere in this process I was...
  4. can't log in to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't log in to safe mode: Hi, I can get as far as choosing "safe mode with networking", but then I cannot log in. I have tried my Windows pin that I use in normal mode, and that does not work. I have tried my MicroSoft password, and that doesn't work. There is no network access in "safe mode with...
  5. Can't log into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log into safe mode: I am having issues with my laptop monitor so I was going to boot into safe mode to try to fix, but Windows keeps telling me my password is incorrect. It is not having me use my PIN but my actual password. And I know, despite it telling me its wrong, that it is right. I logged...
  6. Can't log in safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log in safe mode: Hi, I'm updating my GPU, so I booted in safe mode to unistall the driver. But I can't log in, it won't accept my password. After a minute I always get a BSOD. There's a way to boot normally again? How can I boot in safe mode? I booted in safe mode via msconfig, don't know...
  7. Safe mode for diagnostic TroubleShooting!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode for diagnostic TroubleShooting!: In Win10, do you seriously have to turn the device on and off three times, to go into SafeMode??? Come on you must be kidding! Also, lacking a good manual, which is at the library that is closed, how do you get a complete list of 'Command Key' borrowed from Apple or 'Windows...
  8. Can't log in to safe mode

Can't log in to safe mode: Hello. Sorry for my bad English. Today i tried to reboot my laptop from the settings. After the reboot I did some things that added new account and now I can't log in to safe mode. When i try to enter the new account is says something like "Windows couldn't connect to the...
  9. Cannot log into Safe Mode

Cannot log into Safe Mode: Since last WIN10 update my programs have been running slow. I tried to use performance software and my laptop just stopped. I restarted. It booted just fine and performance software asked if I wanted to boot in Safe Mode since it didn’t run prior. I said yes. However on...
  10. Safe Mode Log In not possible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode Log In not possible: Dear Community, I have a problem with logging in, while in safe mode. The OS is Windows 10, on a Dell XPS 15. I switched to safe mode, because I wanted to change something in the UEFI. When I restarted the PC (after switching to safe mode, before changing anything in...