Windows 10: In search of free backup software

Discus and support In search of free backup software in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there I'll just echo all the sensible advice given here -- Macrium Free is the simplest, most flexible and reliable program for what you need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jayv2251, Apr 4, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

In search of free backup software

Hi there

I'll just echo all the sensible advice given here -- Macrium Free is the simplest, most flexible and reliable program for what you need to do.

Just get an external drive (even sizes as large as 4TB are quite cheap these days and USB3 is fast enough).

Now IMAGE the relevant HDD('s) to the external USB.

MACRIUM will support imaging RAID but you might need to load the RAID driver when you build the bootable restore media.

Warning though -- MACRIUM needs the driver as an .inf file -- a lot of the drivers you get now are .exe files -- you can extract the .inf file though using 7-zip or similar.

Here's a link to Macrium and RAID -- although for V5 of Macrium it's still valid (V6/V7).

Macrium Reflect v5 and RAID systems (RAID)

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

In search of free backup software

1. In search of free backup software - Similar Threads - search free backup

2. Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer?: I'm just looking for a software that automatically backs up a couple folders on my computer with important documents and backups automatically without me having to do anything for peace of mind. submitted by /u/fallszero_5 [link] [comments]...
  3. Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?

Advice for free backup software with incremental backup capability?: I've tried Easeus, AOMEI, and a few others, but can't figure out how to do an incremental backup. Basically I'd like to either backup my Disk or just the files and folders on my C:/ drive, and have the ability to do an incremental backup every week or so. Easeus says free...
  4. Free antivirus software

Free antivirus software: What is the best free antivirus software for Windows 10? submitted by /u/RandomPupper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hboja0/free_antivirus_software/
  5. Free Software to "Cold Backup" Windows 10 ?

Free Software to "Cold Backup" Windows 10 ?: Hi, I want to make a cold backup of Windows 10 but is there any free software that will allow me to make such backup ? The only one that I have heard is Norton Ghost 15 but I think it's not free and doesn't support Windows 10. Any recommendations ? Thanks submitted by...
  6. Bootable USB image backup software search

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bootable USB image backup software search: Am using Acronis TI 2020 and use its feature to create a bootable USB image backup. But I have issues with Acronis -like always running and doing things I didn't ask it to do. So am looking for another software product that will also create bootable image USBs, so I don't...
  7. Is there any free software to backup/restore OS or Files?

Is there any free software to backup/restore OS or Files?: I have a MyCloud device which hasn’t worked seamlessly since the day that I purchased it a few years ago. So I bought a Seagate EHD and have been using their Toolkit until their hardware EHD failed. I tried using Toolkit with my WD devices and found that it’s only good with...
  8. Free Microsoft Softwares

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free Microsoft Softwares: Hy, I hope you all will be fine. Will you help me to find a website with free Microsoft software. Any Student Packages?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-microsoft-softwares/cd73eac1-cc6b-45b4-9670-79954123b047"
  9. Free Software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Software: Is there a list for free software on the website; like the one on Windows 7 forum? 120742
  10. Free file backup software

Free file backup software: Hi, Can anyone suggest a good free third party software for file backup.....? I googled it, but it seems that some free tools do not work well with W10. I have Macrium and use it for Imaging/Cloning, but the free version does not offer file backup. I would like to...