Windows 10: In the middle of performing a reinstall, and my second monitor isn't working

Discus and support In the middle of performing a reinstall, and my second monitor isn't working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm reinstalling Windows 10 on a laptop. My display is busted, so I have it hooked up to a second monitor via HDMI cable. I went through these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TeverBlaine, Jul 12, 2018.

1. In the middle of performing a reinstall, and my second monitor isn't working

I'm reinstalling Windows 10 on a laptop. My display is busted, so I have it hooked up to a second monitor via HDMI cable. I went through these instructions. I went through resetting the PC. The computer shut down. I turned it back on. Now, the second monitor isn't working at all, and because of my busted display, I can't see what's happening. It's been about an hour at time of writing. Is this normal? Will it turn on eventually? Or is it waiting for inputs, and I'm just hopelessly screwed?

:)

TeverBlaine, Jul 12, 2018

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Gil deG Win User
    Performance Monitor is stuck at collecting data for 60 seconds

Hi LxS Dropshot,

Kindly follow the steps below on how you can open the Performance Monitor:

• Click Start , click in the Start Search box, type
      perfmon , and press ENTER.

• In the navigation tree, click Monitoring Tools , and then double-click
      Performance Monitor .

Let us know how it goes.

Gil deG, Jul 12, 2018
  4. In the middle of performing a reinstall, and my second monitor isn't working

I accidentally hit the update button instead of postpone and now my second monitor does not work.

Hello,

I suggest you to unplug the cable from the monitor and connect to the second monitor, and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if it helps.
    1. Press Windows + X, and select Device manager.
    2. Check if the second monitor is listed under Monitor.

Also, recommend you to refer below link answered by

KelvinNikkel , and check if it helps in resolving the issue.
    Why Does My Second Monitor Not Work With The Windows 10 Update?

Do let us know with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

In the middle of performing a reinstall, and my second monitor isn't working

1. In the middle of performing a reinstall, and my second monitor isn't working - Similar Threads - middle performing reinstall

2. second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    second monitor not working: I tried everything I can find online updated the driver, downloaded the driver from AMD website, rolled back driver. updated USB port drivers, restarted my laptop multiple times changed the HDMI to USBC adapter and made sure it works on other PCs. When I go on display...
  3. second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    second monitor not working: I tried everything I can find online updated the driver, downloaded the driver from AMD website, rolled back driver. updated USB port drivers, restarted my laptop multiple times changed the HDMI to USBC adapter and made sure it works on other PCs. When I go on display...
  4. Second monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not working: when i connect my laptop to a second monitor , mirror and extend options showing "Input Not Supported" error.but show only screen 2 option works but then i cannot see the main display. can anyone help me to extend my main display....
  5. Second monitor not working

Second monitor not working: when i connect my laptop to a second monitor , mirror and extend options showing "Input Not Supported" error.but show only screen 2 option works but then i cannot see the main display. can anyone help me to extend my main display....
  6. Second Monitor Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Not Working: Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my second monitor will not work. The monitor is detected, and puts up a display, but i cant move my mouse onto the screen or...
  7. Second Monitor Not Working

Second Monitor Not Working: Hello. I just recently reset my pc because of slow performance and just wanted to clear my drive. I set everything up perfectly, but for some reason my second monitor will not work. The monitor is detected, and puts up a display, but i cant move my mouse onto the screen or...
  8. Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working: Unfortunately, earlier today, my middle mouse button stopped working whenever I clicked it. I plugged in another mouse, one that I had just bought from the store, and it's middle mouse button wasn't working either. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them,...
  9. My computer isn't detecting my second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer isn't detecting my second monitor: Both monitors are plugged into my computer. The main one uses a DV-I input and the secondary one uses a VGA input. Not only will the secondary monitor not display anything, but my computer isn't detecting it at all. How can I fix this?...
  10. Solved: In the middle of performing a reinstall, and my second monitor isn't working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Solved: In the middle of performing a reinstall, and my second monitor isn't working: I'm reinstalling Windows 10 on a laptop. My display is busted, so I have it hooked up to a second monitor via HDMI cable. I went through these instructions. I went through resetting the PC. The computer shut down. I turned it back on. Now, the second monitor isn't working at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4469342 is reinstalling