Windows 10: In W10 can I create shortcuts to built-in tabbed dialogs?

Discus and support In W10 can I create shortcuts to built-in tabbed dialogs? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; (Windows 10 Home version 1803 build 17134.165) I know that I can create shortcuts to top-level dialogs like Settings but can I also create them for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidHMcCracken, Jul 11, 2018.

1. In W10 can I create shortcuts to built-in tabbed dialogs?

(Windows 10 Home version 1803 build 17134.165)

I know that I can create shortcuts to top-level dialogs like Settings but can I also create them for sub-dialogs? The one I want most is to virus signature update. Even a special case shortcut to this one thing would be an improvement but there are others for which I would like a general capability. In this particular case I have to do Start > Update & Security > Windows Security > Open Windows Defender security Center > Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection updates to get to "Check for updates"-- ouch!!

:)

DavidHMcCracken, Jul 11, 2018

2. How to create shortcuts on desktop?

Hello Steven,

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, you can create the shortcut of the websites URL on your desktop in the same way you were doing in Windows 8.1.

If you are not getting the option to create the shortcut. I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1: Perform Clean Boot.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Check this issue in clean boot state.

• Press Windows key + X key. And select Run.
    • Type msconfig in the Run box and hit Enter.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK, and then restart the computer.
    Note: After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 3:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Jul 11, 2018
  3. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Jul 11, 2018
  4. In W10 can I create shortcuts to built-in tabbed dialogs?

Create desktop shortcuts to websites with Edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the three dots at top right corner.
    • Choose Open with Internet Explorer.
    • Right Click and click on create shortcut.
    • The shortcut shall open in Microsoft Edge, if it is your default browser.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

In W10 can I create shortcuts to built-in tabbed dialogs?

1. In W10 can I create shortcuts to built-in tabbed dialogs? - Similar Threads - W10 create shortcuts

2. How can I create shortcuts, single or multiple?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create shortcuts, single or multiple?: In previous iterations, it was: go to a folder, select one or more files or shortcuts, press Ctrl-C, go to the new folder, press Shift-Ctrl-V. Is that correct? Does that sequence still work? The instructions I have found for Windows 11 suggest a more complicated sequence....
  3. How can I create shortcuts, single or multiple?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I create shortcuts, single or multiple?: In previous iterations, it was: go to a folder, select one or more files or shortcuts, press Ctrl-C, go to the new folder, press Shift-Ctrl-V. Is that correct? Does that sequence still work? The instructions I have found for Windows 11 suggest a more complicated sequence....
  4. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  5. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not create folder using shortcut: Hello,I am using windows 10 pro and I can not create folder using its shortcut Ctrl+shift+n I can create folders using mouse right click but using shortcut is much easier my keyboard is working properly and my window is updated as well would be happy to hear your...
  6. Can not create folder using shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Shortcut tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut tab: This tab is missing from the Shortcut Properties window. Am using Windows 10, Build 18363, Latest update 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-tab/9c097bb4-d2a9-4af8-bd13-204319ad470f
  8. How can I manage the built-in burning functions on W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I manage the built-in burning functions on W10 Pro?: Hi all - Is it possible to manage the built-in disc burning functions within W10 Pro or am I better off with a standalone program? TIA *Smile 129104
  9. How can I create a shortcut to desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I create a shortcut to desktop?: A new version of Windows 10 has no way to create shortcuts to my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-create-a-shortcut-to-desktop/f34335b0-ea8d-42f5-b9ad-e0b25646d620
  10. Can I have a desktop shortcut to W10 Forum?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I have a desktop shortcut to W10 Forum?: When I right click, there is no option to 'create shortcut' to put on desktop. It says 'copy shortcut', I clicked that, but nothing happens. How come 'create shortcut' for dsktp icon is not always there for different sites? 36543