Windows 10: In Windows 10, Card reader will not upload photos

Discus and support In Windows 10, Card reader will not upload photos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My SD card is not being read. Says there is nothing on them. The stick card reader fails to work also. This has become an issue the last month. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeeN3, Aug 23, 2018.

1. LeeN3 Win User

In Windows 10, Card reader will not upload photos

My SD card is not being read. Says there is nothing on them. The stick card reader fails to work also.

This has become an issue the last month. I receive an error message from Microsoft.

says Nikon d5600 (GIn Windows 10, Card reader will not upload  photos :)' is currently in use. Save any open files. If you choose to continue files will be closed.

I ejected the card it says, can be safely removed Windows host process (Rundll32) . Now i put a cannon card reader in and it thiks its a Nikon still. HELP!!

Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

:)

LeeN3, Aug 23, 2018

2. card reader

Hi Sam,

To isolate this concern, have you tried adding the card reader to folder as the source file in Photo app? If no, please add it by following the steps below:

• Open Photo app.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Add a folder under Sources.
    • Choose the card reader folder.
    • Click Add this folder to Pictures.

Once done, please check if you can now access the card reader photos.

Keep us posted.

Charianne Per, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Windows10 Photo app and card reader

When I upgrader to Windows 10 my SD card reader did not work. I have updated thedriver and it is now readable however when I insert a card the photo app launches but a dialoge box launches telling me to connect a device. which suggests the app cannot see
    the card reader. Any ideas why

Fox_taxman, Aug 23, 2018
  4. In Windows 10, Card reader will not upload photos

problems uploading photos from SD card or camera

Hi

You shouldn't need to do any cutting and pasting.

Plug in your Camera or Card Reader Via USB

Then: Windows System>Scroll Down to>This PC>Where you should find your Camera Card listed as Removable Drive 'G'

Click: on this Hard Drive Symbol and DCIM comes up, then Click: on DCIM and 100SSCAM comes up Click: on 100SSCAM and all your Photos should appear (Maybe as Listed View) but if you Click: on the Tiny Thumbnail, at the Bottom Right, the Listed View them Changes into 'Thumbnails' or you can go back to listed view by Clicking: the Tiny Symbol next to the Thumbnail one.

So the First thing to do, is to Change the Listed View into 'Thumbnails' and if you want 'Bigger' or 'Smaller' 'Thumbnails' Click: View at the Top Of the Screen, where you can then Select the Sizes Available.

So having Changed the Listed View into 'Thumbnails' You can 'Drag and Drop' them into either Pictures, or another Folder or Sub-Folder of your Choice.

That way you also get to Choose the Photos that go in What Folder and as such you can also leave out the ones that you don't want.

Cyberdesigner, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

In Windows 10, Card reader will not upload photos

1. In Windows 10, Card reader will not upload photos - Similar Threads - Card reader upload

2. Uploading photos for an sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uploading photos for an sd card: How to I create a folder and then upload photos from an SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-photos-for-an-sd-card/b38ec5df-4f3c-476e-b466-c0ec2107afe2
  3. card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    card reader: my laptop card reader doesn't show on the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/4999cf63-aa7c-4335-9858-89aec06a900f
  4. Card Reader

Card Reader: Since an update on Windows 10 I can not get my card reader to work. It can't find the subsystem? Very frustrating as it is a work tool that needs to be used once a week. Any help ideas? I went to the software provider and they can't fix it and told me to seek help from...
  5. Uploading photos from an SD Card

Uploading photos from an SD Card: I am a photographer and I do not attach my camera to my PC. I take my SD card out to my card reader and put it into a USB. On Windows 7, on Windows Settings I preset it so the Folder would be put on my H:/Pictures I set Autoplay so when I did this a little window would...
  6. Card reader Windows 10

Card reader Windows 10: When I ejected a disk after running safely remove sd card and inserted the sd card again, it would not recognize the card reader at all. Card Reader https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader-windows-10/cf723813-ea75-47d9-a439-29fb8b252300
  7. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  8. Photo Card Reader and Windows 10 > doesn't work!

Photo Card Reader and Windows 10 > doesn't work!: My photo card reader worked fine with Windows 7 and 8 but Windows 10 does not recognize the device. I purchased another photo card reader and no luck. Is Microsoft going to do anything to help us?...
  9. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  10. windows 10 card reader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 card reader: I have win 10 and cannot find a card reader that will work on my new computer. When I had 7, 8 and 8.1 I never had this problem. Please let me know how I can get a card reader that will work on 10. I have a digital camera and cannot get my pictures into my computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb card reader not uploading