Windows 10: In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

Discus and support In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way? I believe that I had inadvertently deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lewis D. Eigen, Aug 15, 2018.

1. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the App Settings utility. Is there another way?

I believe that I had inadvertently deleted a file from the Programs (x86) folder for that program. When I try to uninstall the program using the settings utility, I get a message that says that the "install could not be completed". It gives me a choice of trying again or canceling. If I try again, I get the same message and end up in a loop. If I cancel, the program still shows as installed in the Settings utility.

There is a choice of "Repairing" a program in the Settings utility. So I tried that, but I would bet the same messages.

I then tried to reinstall the program, and could not do that because the error message said that the install for that program was already running.

So I seem to be stuck.

I thought that I might go into the Programs (x86) folder and find the folder for the program that I am trying to uninstall and then delete all the files and folders, but I have always been taught not to mess with the folders in the Programs or Programs (x86) folders. To do everything through the settings Apps utility.

Any suggestions.

:)

Lewis D. Eigen, Aug 15, 2018

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Aug 15, 2018
  4. rezpower Win User

In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is...

1. In Windows 10, I am not able to uninstall a program using the Settings App utility. Is... - Similar Threads - able uninstall program

2. Not able to uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to uninstall a program: There is a program named 'Lenovo Download Assistant' and I'm not able to uninstall it. I checked the control panel for the installed program list but couldn't find this program. I right-clicked on it and it opened the System32 folder which had some .dll file in it, I tried...
  3. Not able to uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to uninstall a program: There is a program named 'Lenovo Download Assistant' and I'm not able to uninstall it. I checked the control panel for the installed program list but couldn't find this program. I right-clicked on it and it opened the System32 folder which had some .dll file in it, I tried...
  4. I am not able to use windows 10 search.

in Cortana
    I am not able to use windows 10 search.: Whenever I click on it it expands, starts loading, then stops. When I type in anything nothing happens. This happened a few days after I got my computer and it was working fine before....
  5. I AM NOT ABLE TO SET IP A PIN IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I AM NOT ABLE TO SET IP A PIN IN WINDOWS 10: ON MY LOCK Screen in windows 10 .IT IS ASKING TO SET UP PIN AND WHEN I CLICKED ON SET UP A PIN IT IS ASKING TO INSTALL APP FROM MICROSOFT STORE . I CLICKED OK ON IT IT IS NOT OPENING....
  6. Program not listed to be able to uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program not listed to be able to uninstall: When navigating to Control Panel/Programs to be able to uninstall Quicken, The program is not listed to be able to uninstall. The program is installed and I can locate in the Program Files, but is not listed to uninstall. I have heard that if I were to just delete the...
  7. I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app)

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am Not able to Uninstall Discord (The messaging app): [IMG] I feel like I've tried everything to uninstall Discord, but it just won't leave my "Apps& features" list. (Shown on the first picture) I'm using Windows 10 and I've deleted every folder using the "Run" method, (regedit) going into my Local data apps and such, and...
  8. Not able to uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to uninstall programs: I've been trying to uninstall a couple of programs to free up some space, but when I try to uninstall I get an error message which is included in the attachment. This occurs for most of the programs I try to uninstall with a ".msi" file directive. On clicking yes, the same...
  9. i am not able to uninstall bytefence

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i am not able to uninstall bytefence: i am facig a very big issue...that an unwanted program from microsoft has been loaded to my pc. and because of this i am now getting virus in my pc. So, i wanted a coplete solution for this, Else i'll be claiming to microsoft. thanks muskan *** Email address is removed...
  10. Cant't able to uninstall program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant't able to uninstall program: A few days ago I'd installed gigabyte utilities for some reasons I did not like it so I uninstalled it but easy tune service engine (It comes along with gigabyte utilities) is still persist in apps and features if I double clicked on it I see the buttons to uninstall and...