Windows 10: Inaccessible Boot Device, cant get to BIOS or boot from media

Discus and support Inaccessible Boot Device, cant get to BIOS or boot from media in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Soo... things have gone from bad to worse. My problem started after windows 10 updated when I shut down my laptop for a quick restart. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KleinBottles, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Inaccessible Boot Device, cant get to BIOS or boot from media

Soo... things have gone from bad to worse.

My problem started after windows 10 updated when I shut down my laptop for a quick restart. Windows explorer would crash every second, reopen, then crash again without stopping. I tried a system restore to a restore point about a week ago, no dice. I decided to try resetting the computer using Windows built in tools. Everything was going well until it tried to boot after, and now i'm stuck with a BSOD that reads "inaccessible boot device". On top of that, trying to boot into BIOS or to a DVD or to USB are ALL failing. Attempting to access the BIOS (holding F1 as system boots) results in the "Lenovo" logo just hanging until I let go of the button, at which point it tries to boot into windows and fails. USB stick with Windows 10 installer on it isn't working, and the DVD drive boots up and whirrs for a second when the laptop turns on, buit then stops and the computer goes back to trying to boot from windows. (No "Press any key prompt, etc. The little Windows spinning circle of balls comes back on and tries to boot to windows)

Pressing F12 gets me the boot menu, but I have only 3 options :
    "Windows Boot Manager", which goes into loading windows and BSOD.
    EFI Network 0 for IPv4 (says no media)
    EFI Network 0 for IPv6 (again, says no media)

There is a disc in the drive, a USB drive in the port. What in the world is going on?

Edit: Finally got into the BIOS. Boot options there still don't list the DVD Drive as a viable boot option. USB boot is enabled, but it's still not working. Halp.

:)

KleinBottles, Aug 26, 2015
  2. kjl1956 Win User

Windows 10

Most pc's have smart hard drive checks that can be assessed from the bios, I would check this first.

If this is not available from the bios, what error message do you get when booting the pc ?

If fast boot enabled, this will bypass the bios and boot straight into windows, you do not see the bios boot screen.

Was windows 10 an upgrade, installed with the pc or from a dvd-usb device ?

Inaccessible boot device can be other issues, devices added or removed changing the boot order.

Post back some more info as to the requested information.

kjl1956, Aug 26, 2015
  3. J.DD Win User
    Error: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017, 0xC1900101 - 0x4000D and :Inaccessible Boot Device" after installing Windows 10 on SATA and RAID devices

That inaccessible boot device is related to the sata drivers.

It will also happen, if you have XP (if you had it on IDE mode), when you installed XP then changed to it AHCI in the BIOS after.

You'll get a 0x7b stop error, which means it cant find the hdd (which basically means inaccessible boot device)

What was it on in the BIOS, when you installed windows? RAID?AHCI?

The SATA ports on the mobo. Are the hdd's on the right ports?

Because I think some of the ports are Marvell sata ports.

Since, there are Marvell sata drivers on the ASUS site for this mobo

4. Inaccessible Boot Device, cant get to BIOS or boot from media

After getting int othe BIOS and tampering with everything I could, the computer seems to have finally recognized its own drives again. It still wont boot from USB (although now it at least acknowledges a USB drive is there) I got it to boot from the recorvery CD created by windows media creator. However, the software is unable to restore the PC, reset the PC, or fix the boot issues. It says a partition is missing. Has my hard drive completely failed? At this point, that's the only problem I can think of.

KleinBottles, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Inaccessible Boot Device, cant get to BIOS or boot from media

1. Inaccessible Boot Device, cant get to BIOS or boot from media - Similar Threads - Inaccessible Boot Device

2. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  3. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  4. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  5. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot device: Hello. I need help. I changed the load startup items on ms config, and then it resulted to this error. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device/f490d36e-50dd-43b4-a816-d4746b0b071b
  6. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: I reset my laptop Remove all files and clean the drive and after more than an hour of Resetting this PC it displayed the manufacturer's logo and then the Windows 10 logo with the loading icon beneath it. I thought it was going to restart like brand new but instead it showed a...
  7. BSOD - Inaccessible boot device, cant boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Inaccessible boot device, cant boot into safe mode.: Dear all, I have tried searching online for a fix but perhaps my issue is rather unique. (I do not have much IT knowledge) 1. BSOD came while having some common programmes running - Chrome, Telegram and Game(COD) 2. PC reboots itself: Inaccessible boot device (StopCode)...
  8. Bios update and "Inaccessible Boot Device" error

Bios update and "Inaccessible Boot Device" error: Hello everyone, I just updated my biosas Lenovo vontage suggested to me. Everything was going well till the windows restarted and then I got the "Inaccessible Boot Device" error on a blue page, and then I stuck in the "preparing automatic repair" page. I used the NOVO...
  9. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible boot device: Hi. How can I fix it? I've tried to uninstall latest updates but it gives me error 0x800f082f while uninstalling. Any idea? 147703
  10. Getting Inaccessible Boot Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting Inaccessible Boot Device: So I have a HP laptop running Windows 10, 1 day last week system will not post. Tried repair, system rollback, advanced setting, checked BIOS setting. Noticed BIOS was out of date, Loaded the update to a flash drive and updated BIOS. Pulled the hard drive and replaced it...