Windows 10: Inaccessible usb3 boot device

Discus and support Inaccessible usb3 boot device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Been working on this for weeks to no avail. I have Win 7 on on ssd and Win 10 on another ssd. I am not dual booting but switch to the drive I need in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anaron, May 27, 2016.

1. anaron Win User

Inaccessible usb3 boot device

Been working on this for weeks to no avail. I have Win 7 on on ssd and Win 10 on another ssd. I am not dual booting but switch to the drive I need in the bios. Using Casper 8.0, I clone the Win 7 and Win 10 to backup internal ssds. These internal backup drives have no issues booting. I also clone the Win 7 and Win 10 to LaCie usb3 thunderbolt ssd drives. This is where the problem starts
    The Win7 has no issues creating a bootable usb3 backup.
    The Win10 will not create a bootable usb3 backup.
    When trying to boot to the Win10 usb3 drive, I get the "inaccessible boot device" error then a restart.
    I have tried just about everything I can find but nothing fixes the issue.
    Any suggestions?
    Ron

:)

anaron, May 27, 2016

2. blue screen unacessible boot device--

I installed windows 10 and it now will not boot. It said inaccessible boot device and restarts itself and just keeps going back to inaccessible boot device

MikeCornelius, May 27, 2016
  3. Inaccessible boot device

Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 14:19:33 +0100
    Hi Santosh, I'm sorry but I'm lost already because I have 3 computesr ,the one I have that has the problem and had upgraded the win/10. 2.. one is running win/7 but the problem is the keyboard had coffee spilt on it and when it speeds up, if doing more
    than one thing, it ends up going++++++++++++++ , so writing on to a dvd from it is problematic, and that's before the product key thing as I can not remember or even know where or if I can find each different one , I guess what I'm saying is that doing this
    possibly beyond me as I have three computers two upgraded to win/10 ok, my other one is the one with the strange key strokes (I guess windows would have upgraded already as they did my other two (one which is now in the loop of trying to restart saying inaccessible
    boot device) so is there another way of just putting a disc into my good win/10 and just copy on to disc the other one, and sort it out once I have access into computer, (I do have that reg key as it's underneath stuck to the base of my computer) Please
    believe me I am pretty disabled in the reasoning and understanding front hence the mess with my computers, unless you know a more simpler way to do this, (I'm hoping you do) but please forgive this problem as it may just be unsurmountable, but I do hope
    not as it is my main computer and cost me a lot and living on disability does not leave much over financially for me to solve it by throwing money at it(ah but to be bloody rich) I will await your response with trepidation best wishes Alex

Alexander MacDonald

coolpolitealex (basic knowledge), May 27, 2016
  4. anaron Win User

Ok, finally isolated the problem. The bootable usb backup will work on usb 2 but not on usb 3. Now, just got to figure out why the Casper8/Win10 combo does not like usb3.
    Ron

anaron, Jun 13, 2016
  5. anaron Win User
    Contacted online Gigabyte support before I installed 10 quite some time back and asked if my H67A-UD3H-B3 supported Windows 10 as I was having far too many issues. They assured me it was and the process to fix the usb issue began. Thru out the entire process, I had to constantly remind them of the issue as they would be out in far left field with suggestions that did not even pertain to my issue. Today I finally called US Support and was told that my board DID NOT support Windows 10. So much for their online tech support! Guess it is back to 7 on this computer!

anaron, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Inaccessible usb3 boot device - Similar Threads - Inaccessible usb3 boot

2. Inaccessible Boot Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible Boot Device: Morning/Afternoon to everyone,I have just build my new pc and installed the drivers and windows 10. Then i had to restart it for the the updates to be applied. However, while restarting on loading a blue screen came up with the following message “Inaccessible Boot Device”....
  3. inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inaccessible boot device: Hi First sorry for my english.Yesterday i turnee of intel rapid storage from bios ez mode .When i clicked on save and exit i got a messagesome thing about changing rst to achi and change ssd profile tooAfter that system restarted and wont boot i got this message with a blue...
  4. inaccessible boot device

inaccessible boot device: Hi First sorry for my english.Yesterday i turnee of intel rapid storage from bios ez mode .When i clicked on save and exit i got a messagesome thing about changing rst to achi and change ssd profile tooAfter that system restarted and wont boot i got this message with a blue...
  5. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: Hey so I recently ordered an acre aspire 5 labtop from Amazon that was renewed and when I got it the security seal was ripped. Didn’t think much from it until I opened it and started using it for a little bit. I started to notice that the computer was really out of date and...
  6. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  7. Inaccessible Boot device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot device: I went to restart my laptop and it did but then said “ Your device has Run into a problem” and the reason is like Inaccessible boot device and I’ve tried everything but command prompt because it will not accept my password.I even reset it and still it will not work please...
  8. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot device: Hello. I need help. I changed the load startup items on ms config, and then it resulted to this error. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device/f490d36e-50dd-43b4-a816-d4746b0b071b
  9. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE: I reset my laptop Remove all files and clean the drive and after more than an hour of Resetting this PC it displayed the manufacturer's logo and then the Windows 10 logo with the loading icon beneath it. I thought it was going to restart like brand new but instead it showed a...
  10. Inaccessible boot device

in Windows 10 Support
    Inaccessible boot device: Hi. How can I fix it? I've tried to uninstall latest updates but it gives me error 0x800f082f while uninstalling. Any idea? 147703