Windows 10: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after installing Paragon HFS+

Discus and support INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after installing Paragon HFS+ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically I had a Win10 Pro 64bit installation running on my PC. Then I downloaded and installed Paragon HFS+ in order to read from my HFS+ drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bokisa12, Sep 22, 2016.

1. bokisa12 Win User

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after installing Paragon HFS+

Basically I had a Win10 Pro 64bit installation running on my PC. Then I downloaded and installed Paragon HFS+ in order to read from my HFS+ drive. After the installation was complete, I restarted my PC.

Instead of booting into Win10, the PC booted into a blue screen with a frowny face and the

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

error message.

My question is, how can I fix Win10 and boot into it again without using the installation USB (I don't have it anymore, nor the CD). Perhaps by using the cmd to remove paragon hfs+ or something?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: Also one thing I should mention is that the partition that Win10 was installed on is using the GPT Partition Scheme and is formatted as NTFS.

:)

bokisa12, Sep 22, 2016

2. Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Thanks for your reply.

After using the Driver Verifier in Windows 10, I was able to trace a BSOD to uimbus.sys, which is a Paragon universal image mounter driver, part of their HFS+ for Windows software [of which csvol is also part]. After uninstalling the HFS+ for Windows, these
    issues have gone away.

Apparently, the Paragon software was not compatible with my RAID controller card, which is admittedly a more exotic piece of hardware.

Sincerely

Oxonsi_921, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Windows 10 does not recognize western digital My passport Ultra external hard drive

The problem may be that the disk is formatted in the Apple
    HFS .

Use special software, for example Paragon HFS+ for Windows 10.0

ВладимирНиконов, Sep 22, 2016
Thema:

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after installing Paragon HFS+

1. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after installing Paragon HFS+ - Similar Threads - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE installing Paragon

2. inaccessible_boot_device after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    inaccessible_boot_device after update: The laptop is new, only Microsoft Office is installed from the programs.Brief characteristics:Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15IIL05System - Windows 10 HomeDisk – 526 Gb SSDBIOS - SSD disk recognizes,ProblemWas left on overnight with an ongoing system update task and had a system restore...
  3. inaccessible_boot_device after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    inaccessible_boot_device after update: The laptop is new, only Microsoft Office is installed from the programs.Brief characteristics:Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15IIL05System - Windows 10 HomeDisk – 526 Gb SSDBIOS - SSD disk recognizes,ProblemWas left on overnight with an ongoing system update task and had a system restore...
  4. Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume won't mount unless HFS+ is running but it's NOT HFS+: This is a weird issue I can't seem to resolve. Here we go: I have a PC running Win10. Attached is a 4-bay USB3 enclosure with all bays occupied. When I power up the enclosure, only three of the four drives actually mount. The only way I've been able to get that fourth drive...
  5. Inaccessible_boot_device BSOD after disabling driver signatures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible_boot_device BSOD after disabling driver signatures: I've been attempting to diagnose a broken driver for my fingerprint scanner which was giving me the error code 52, and tried to restart windows and disabling driver signatures. Up until that point, the computer had been working fine. Upon disabling the requirement for...
  6. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after clean installation of Windows 10

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after clean installation of Windows 10: Greetings everyone... A friend of mine recently installed windows 10 1909 version after formatting the old disk, when the installation is complete he encountered a blue screen with INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error and the PC then restarts and gets stuck on the hp logo screen,...
  7. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after Windows Update: My Windows 10 Pro PC received the latest round of updates, and when it restarted, it bluescreens with the error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I did a system restore to a previous restore point, and everything booted and ran perfectly, but of course it then goes out to get the...
  8. Bsod after hfs+ paragon driver install, "inaccessible boot device"

Bsod after hfs+ paragon driver install, "inaccessible boot device": Bsod after installing paragon hfs4win driver. Wont boot into any mode, including safe mode. Only have the troubleshoot menu and the command prompt. Unfortunately i cant restore my system either. i get an error about 15 minutes after i start that process saying the...
  9. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after uninstalling security update.

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after uninstalling security update.: Hello, i recently had to uninstall a security update due to it making my system more unstable and slower. I did this through the control panel and it worked out fine. When it said i had to reboot, i clicked the reboot button. Now when i boot up, a BSOD showing the frown and...
  10. Inaccessible_boot_device error after upgrade and restart

Inaccessible_boot_device error after upgrade and restart: Microsoft strikes again... *Mad Upgrade worked fine using the DVD .iso I downloaded, apart from taking 3 hours. Upon restart tonight, I got an endless Inaccessible_boot_device error loop. I was able to revert to Win 7 using the Advanced menu displayed when the boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the paragon mounter service is not running

2. paragon mounter sevice is not running error in paragon hfs in windows

3. paragon mounter service not running error in windows

4. windows 7 device inaccessible after paragon,
  5. paragon hfs windows 10 Inaccessible Boot Device error