Windows 10: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after uninstalling security update.

Discus and support INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after uninstalling security update. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i recently had to uninstall a security update due to it making my system more unstable and slower. I did this through the control panel and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Parad0x, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Parad0x Win User

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after uninstalling security update.

Hello, i recently had to uninstall a security update due to it making my system more unstable and slower. I did this through the control panel and it worked out fine. When it said i had to reboot, i clicked the reboot button. Now when i boot up, a BSOD showing the frown and the error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" comes up.
    I have tried everything from DISM to Reinstalling. I have a lot of important files on my C: drive and i would preferably just keep my files. The command prompt in REM shows that my C: drive has one file and that the rest is empty.
    I think the update ruined and destroyed the permissions for the partition that has my Windows installation and files.
    Im unable to boot into safe mode and i dont have any system restore points. The only solution i know of is to format my C: drive and lose my files and programs. I have 4 other disks, an E: drive, F: drive and a D: drive. The E: has an old Windows 7 install and thats the only install CMD shows.
    Any help with this? ASAP

:)

Parad0x, Mar 23, 2018

2. inaccessible boot device after January patches are applied

Office security patches installed without issue.

Adobe security patches installed without issue.

There was 1 OS security patch and a large one actually a new build kb3213986.

After installing it, blue screen with Inaccessible_boot_device. I searched that KB and I see I am not alone.

John R. Spencer, Mar 23, 2018
  3. cliveswan Win User
    Inaccessible boot device on windows 10 - Please Help

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Is it just a coincidence that Windows 10 bombs out totally, after installing "Windows updates"??

So I will now need to reinstall Windows 10, and there is no more free option!!!

cliveswan, Mar 23, 2018
  4. Parad0x Win User

I just booted into my Windows 7 install and launched disk management. My C: drive is fine, so what is going on?

Parad0x, Mar 23, 2018
Thema:

1. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after uninstalling security update. - Similar Threads - INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE uninstalling security

2. inaccessible_boot_device after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    inaccessible_boot_device after update: The laptop is new, only Microsoft Office is installed from the programs.Brief characteristics:Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15IIL05System - Windows 10 HomeDisk – 526 Gb SSDBIOS - SSD disk recognizes,ProblemWas left on overnight with an ongoing system update task and had a system restore...
  3. inaccessible_boot_device after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    inaccessible_boot_device after update: The laptop is new, only Microsoft Office is installed from the programs.Brief characteristics:Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15IIL05System - Windows 10 HomeDisk – 526 Gb SSDBIOS - SSD disk recognizes,ProblemWas left on overnight with an ongoing system update task and had a system restore...
  4. inaccessible_boot_device after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. inaccessible_boot_device after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after windows update: Hi guys!After latest windows update, I get this blue screen error: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE After that my laptop restarts and asks for keyboard layout. After choosing US i get Troubleshoot option. I went thorugh Startup Repair, System Restore, Uninstall Updates ... and...
  7. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after windows update: Hi guys!After latest windows update, I get this blue screen error: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE After that my laptop restarts and asks for keyboard layout. After choosing US i get Troubleshoot option. I went thorugh Startup Repair, System Restore, Uninstall Updates ... and...
  8. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after Update of "Intel Corporation - SCSIAdapter"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after Update of "Intel Corporation - SCSIAdapter": Hello World, I recently updated my XPS 15 9530, running on Windows 10 Pro, to Version 2004 without any problems. Since thhen I have also been installing all recommended updates and had all latest dell drivers. On June 16th, I was asked to update the Intel Corporation -...
  9. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after Windows Update: My Windows 10 Pro PC received the latest round of updates, and when it restarted, it bluescreens with the error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I did a system restore to a previous restore point, and everything booted and ran perfectly, but of course it then goes out to get the...
  10. Inaccessible_boot_device error after upgrade and restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible_boot_device error after upgrade and restart: Microsoft strikes again... *Mad Upgrade worked fine using the DVD .iso I downloaded, apart from taking 3 hours. Upon restart tonight, I got an endless Inaccessible_boot_device error loop. I was able to revert to Win 7 using the Advanced menu displayed when the boot...