Windows 10: Inaccessible_boot_device error after upgrade and restart

Discus and support Inaccessible_boot_device error after upgrade and restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft strikes again... *Mad Upgrade worked fine using the DVD .iso I downloaded, apart from taking 3 hours. Upon restart tonight, I got an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Firehawk, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Firehawk Win User

Inaccessible_boot_device error after upgrade and restart

Microsoft strikes again... *Mad

Upgrade worked fine using the DVD .iso I downloaded, apart from taking 3 hours.

Upon restart tonight, I got an endless Inaccessible_boot_device error loop.

I was able to revert to Win 7 using the Advanced menu displayed when the boot failed.

Lenovo Z580 laptop. It still has the original Lenovo restore partition, so perhaps that was part of the issue.

As soon as I rolled back to Win 7, the system started perfectly.

Sounds like Win 10 is still not ready for prime time.

:)

Firehawk, Jul 30, 2015
  2. SaiTarunC Win User

Inaccessible boot device error

After the upgrade to Windows 10 I performed the reset windows option when I did so it showed 100% and started restarting while an error message came stating that the pc has ran into a problem and needs to restart and the error is inaccessible_boot_device.

Now it keeps restarting and the same message pops up again and again.

SaiTarunC, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Inaccessible boot device.

After doing a windows update I was instructed to restart my PC. Once I restarted I got this error message after it tried to load. "Inaccessible_boot_device" then it repeatedly tries to restart on its own. Please tell me how I can fix this?

LarryTimmons, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Munchblob Win User

Im also having the same problem and I cannot fix it

I had windows 7 and I upgraded and then I did a clean reinstall but then it comes the blue screen saying...

"your of ran into a problem and needs to restart. We will restart it for you"

And at the bottom says inaccessible boot device
    And it goes like that on a loop.

PLZ HELP I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIX

Munchblob, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Similar issue here, upgraded my hp envy machine from Windows 8.1 to 10, then created USB for 10 with the media creation tool x64. Tried to refresh pc and getting bluescreen with this error. Going to try disabling uefi boot and try again

Spitfire400, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Inaccessible_boot_device error after upgrade and restart - Similar Threads - Inaccessible_boot_device error upgrade

2. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after deleting driver and restarting normally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after deleting driver and restarting normally: Hello. I went to plug in my external HDD, which did not function at all on my PC, however it did totally fine on an other PC. The problem affected every single USB storage device, including flash drives, so I deleted the "Intel eXtensible Host USB 3.0" driver and restarted....
  3. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error after C partition extending

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error after C partition extending: Hi, I’ve try to extend my C partition with some free software from internet. Now my Laptop is in restart loop and it crash with this error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I don’t know what to do, I cannot run safe mode, I cannot access the setting or troubleshooting or repair...
  4. Inaccessible_Boot_Device Blue Screen of Death while booting suddenly after restarting, same...

Inaccessible_Boot_Device Blue Screen of Death while booting suddenly after restarting, same...: Trying sfc /scannow on both Advanced Repair options and when booting from Windows installation media gives the error "Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation" But sfc /verifyonly works and the CBS.log file is generated. Here it is:...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Inaccessible_boot_device after BIOS upgrade and reset

Windows 10 Pro Inaccessible_boot_device after BIOS upgrade and reset: Hi all, after upgrading my computer BIOS from F6 to F8, my computer has been experiencing a BSOD called Inaccessible_boot_device. The only thing that fixed it back then was system restore. Curiously enough, I ran that system restore with no drives plugged in except my system...
  6. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after Windows Update: My Windows 10 Pro PC received the latest round of updates, and when it restarted, it bluescreens with the error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I did a system restore to a previous restore point, and everything booted and ran perfectly, but of course it then goes out to get the...
  7. Inaccessible_Boot_Device & Error code 0xc0000001

Inaccessible_Boot_Device & Error code 0xc0000001: Hi Guys, I had a pretty much faultless Win 10 setup with all the latest patches installed then this morning I connected an external USB hard drive which I had used several times before but this time Windows said it needed to install a new driver. I let the driver install...
  8. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after uninstalling security update.

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after uninstalling security update.: Hello, i recently had to uninstall a security update due to it making my system more unstable and slower. I did this through the control panel and it worked out fine. When it said i had to reboot, i clicked the reboot button. Now when i boot up, a BSOD showing the frown and...
  9. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after upgrade from Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after upgrade from Win 7: Hi, A friend turned his computer (Dell Vostro) on this morning to find that it had tried to upgrade itself to Windows 10. Now when it starts, it gets an INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE blue screen and tells you to restart. I've tried changing the AHCI/ATA setting in the bios, but...
  10. INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after installing Paragon HFS+

in Windows 10 Support
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE after installing Paragon HFS+: Basically I had a Win10 Pro 64bit installation running on my PC. Then I downloaded and installed Paragon HFS+ in order to read from my HFS+ drive. After the installation was complete, I restarted my PC. Instead of booting into Win10, the PC booted into a blue screen with...