Windows 10: Inaccessible_Boot_Device & Error code 0xc0000001

Discus and support Inaccessible_Boot_Device & Error code 0xc0000001 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I had a pretty much faultless Win 10 setup with all the latest patches installed then this morning I connected an external USB hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobN, Nov 27, 2015.

1. BobN Win User

Inaccessible_Boot_Device & Error code 0xc0000001

Hi Guys,

I had a pretty much faultless Win 10 setup with all the latest patches installed then this morning I connected an external USB hard drive which I had used several times before but this time Windows said it needed to install a new driver. I let the driver install and then Windows stated it needed a restart to complete the installation. When restarting I received the "Inaccessible_Boot_Device error message - Windows will restart for you" message. On restarting again I got: "Your PC couldn't start properly. Error code 0xc0000001." Windows tried to automatically repair itself displaying the Diagnosing message first and then Attempting Repair message, and finally reporting it could not fix the problem. I'm not sure if the new driver being installed created the problem or whether it was just a coincidence and something else has caused the fault.

I was able to boot to Recovery using a USB stick created with Microsoft's MediaCreationTool. Safe boot and all the other startup options didn't do anything apart from resulting in yet another failed boot. Getting to the command line, I was able to view the file that Windows creates when it tries to repair itself: c:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttail.txt. That file shows that all tests were completed successfully until:
    "Root cause found
    A patch is preventing the system from starting
    Repair action system files integrity check and repair
    Result failed error code 0x490"

I tried: sfc /scannow
    and got:
    "Verification 100% complete
    Windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation"
    I then tried sfc /verifyonly
    and got:
    "Windows resource protection found integrity violations. Details are included in the cbs.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios."
    As the message suggested, no cbs.log files were created.
    I have tried:
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

which all complete successfully but doesn't help.

Also tried chkdsk which didn't find any errors and:

bootsect /nt60 ALL

which again seems to complete successfully but doesn't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

:)

2. KR_GMAIL Win User

i got 0xc0000001 stop code error on my laptop with windows10 os

i got 0xc0000001 stop code error on my laptop with windows10 os

KR_GMAIL, Nov 27, 2015
  3. Cannot install Windows 10 after it shows a file missing

After trying installation on display shows error code 0xc0000001. What does it mean?

rabbikulislam, Nov 27, 2015
  4. BobN Win User

I gave up trying to get windows to boot and reinstalled an image I made using AOMEI back in July. No user data lost and I have just finished installing the Win 10 November updates. It's the first time I have had to use AOMEI in anger and it worked perfectly. Just need to remember to take more regular backups.

Bob

Thema:

1. Inaccessible_Boot_Device & Error code 0xc0000001 - Similar Threads - Inaccessible_Boot_Device Error code

2. Error code: 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code: 0xc0000001: [ATTACH] I’ve had this error code for weeks, i can’t be on my computer for longer than 30 seconds without it getting shot off. I’ve tried to fix it by myself with the help of google but nothing seems to work. If anyone’s had this error before and fixed it could you please...
  3. error code 0xc0000001!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error code 0xc0000001!: so i got stuck in the endless windows 10 automatic repair loop and tried command prompts like chkdsk but they weren’t working. i have important family photos and programs on this computer so i didn’t want to do a reset that might get rid of them. i saw online that you could...
  4. Error code: 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 0xc0000001: I booted up my pc one day and was given the error 0xc0000001. I do not know what to do to fix it. I watched a video on how to fix it and it needs me to use command prompt for something but I can’t access it. I tried to get to the automatic repair or whatever by shutting my pc...
  5. Error code: 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 0xc0000001: I booted up my pc one day and was given the error 0xc0000001. I do not know what to do to fix it. I watched a video on how to fix it and it needs me to use command prompt for something but I can’t access it. I tried to get to the automatic repair or whatever by shutting my pc...
  6. Error code: 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. error code 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0xc0000001: have tried rebooting windows 10 with a usb drive. didnt work. cant find a solution to this problem really close to just returning the pc. if it helps i was deleting files not to sure if i deleted something important. i have gone 2 weeks without my pc but i need to access it...
  8. Error Code 0xc0000001

Error Code 0xc0000001: Laptop will not boot correctly and gives only this error code and says the PC needs to be repaired https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc0000001/88a5c30d-3e69-4a7c-a2cf-f5da7fd71d6a
  9. Error code 0xc0000001

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error code 0xc0000001: [ATTACH] Showing like this when i on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0xc0000001/06bfa45a-b0ee-422b-99c5-19fb5bf2236c
  10. Error Code: 0xc0000001

Error Code: 0xc0000001: This happed when I accidentally unplug the charger. So I was the laptop without it's battrey and the laptop was in the middle of resetting process then I accidentally unplug the laptop then as I open it, I got stuck at "Recovery Your PC couldn't start properly" blie screen. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inaccessible boot device 0xc0000001