Windows 10: Incognito Mode & Task Options

Discus and support Incognito Mode & Task Options in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hoping someone can explain this......after opening IE11 and arriving at my homepage, if I then right click on the IE11 icon it brings up a list of... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by eyecandi81, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Incognito Mode & Task Options

Hoping someone can explain this......after opening IE11 and arriving at my homepage, if I then right click on the IE11 icon it brings up a list of options which include task options such open new window or reopen last session....sometimes it also gives option to open new incognito window and sometimes not.....is this because incognito was recently used or how does IE11 decide what options to provide in my tasks?

:)

eyecandi81, Apr 3, 2016

2. How to disable family safety in windows 10.

Original title: Incognito

How do i disable family mode on my laptop. it's not letting me use incognito mode.

amritjayan, Apr 3, 2016
  3. incognito mode

Can we have an "Incognito mode" while browsing the "My computer" in windows?

If no then can such a programme be developed?

MANOHAR_LAL, Apr 3, 2016
  4. Incognito Mode & Task Options

Well, Chrome is Incognito and IE is InPrivate, now that we have that taken care of, *Wink

If you CTRL + SHIFT + P that will give you InPrivate. If you want to delete your recent items, you right click that icon and then when it says "Recently Searched" or something like that, you can do another right click on that website and then "Remove from List" or you can go to the "gear" icon in the top right hand corner and clear history that way.

I hope I read your question right, if not please let me know! *Smile

Thanks!
    M

Computer Chicken, Apr 3, 2016
  5. Yep...in private is what I meant. I use Chrome on my phone and IE11 on my PC and I know how to open private browsing sessions in both.......my question though is when I open IE11 on my PC it takes me to my homepage (obviously), but homepage is a work page instead of for browsing so I then right- click on IE11 icon so that it brings up list of options which includes my 'tasks' such open a new window or reopen last session.....sometimes I also have a task to open a new private browsing window but sometimes I don't. .....why is that? Is it because private browsing was recently used on my PC or how does IE11 decide when to provide that task to me?

eyecandi81, Apr 3, 2016
  6. Maybe I should also clarify that although I know how to browse privately, I don't.......so I'm wondering if maybe someone else is using my pc but using private browsing when they're doing so since I'm not having anything odd show up in my search history that I didn't search for.....that's why I'm curious as to why I sometimes have this task option and sometimes do not

eyecandi81, Apr 3, 2016
  7. So incognito is used then?

Marylouchiapper, May 26, 2016
  8. Incognito Mode & Task Options

Not getting what you meant there, but you can use it if you don't want any of your search history on your hard drive or left on your browser, *but will not delete on your internet provider history --> * = That mostly stays there forever.

Computer Chicken, May 26, 2016
  9. If incognito is in my tasks bar. Doses that me someone is going incognito

Marylouchiapper, May 26, 2016
  10. If you did not open it, then yes, someone that was on your computer was using Chrome with the Incognito window on. *Smile

Is it open right now? Or just pinned to your taskbar?

Computer Chicken, May 26, 2016
  11. It is just pinned there

Marylouchiapper, May 27, 2016
  12. Ok, did you pin it there? If you did, then no one was using it. If someone else pinned it to your taskbar, then someone else is using your computer when you are not using it.

Do you know anybody who uses it? Like a family member or a co-worker?

Computer Chicken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Incognito Mode & Task Options

1. Incognito Mode & Task Options - Similar Threads - Incognito Mode Task

2. Opening native media files like MP4 in Chrome Incognito mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opening native media files like MP4 in Chrome Incognito mode?: I know that I can open files saved on my computer like videos in chrome browser. I just go to "open with", select "chrome", and now mp4 files open via my browser by default. However, they open in a standard browser, and I would like them to open in an incognito window. I feel...
  3. Opening native media files like MP4 in Chrome Incognito mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening native media files like MP4 in Chrome Incognito mode?: I know that I can open files saved on my computer like videos in chrome browser. I just go to "open with", select "chrome", and now mp4 files open via my browser by default. However, they open in a standard browser, and I would like them to open in an incognito window. I feel...
  4. Normally, right clicking on chrome in the task bar brings up options like incognito and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Normally, right clicking on chrome in the task bar brings up options like incognito and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kangamooo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iepvzk/normally_right_clicking_on_chrome_in_the_task_bar/
  5. Updates to Incognito mode and your Timeline in Google Maps

in Windows 10 News
    Updates to Incognito mode and your Timeline in Google Maps: People turn to Google Maps to make their lives easier—whether it's getting tips and recommendations tailored to your daily commute, or knowing when your favorite restaurants, grocery stores and places may be the most crowded so you can avoid a long wait in line. Handy tools...
  6. Google Chrome will stop Incognito Mode detection at end of July

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will stop Incognito Mode detection at end of July: Chrome’s Incognito Mode is based on the principle that you should have the choice to browse the web privately. At the end of July, Chrome will remedy a loophole that has allowed sites to detect people who are browsing in Incognito Mode. This will affect some publishers who...
  7. AUTO SCROLLING WHEN INCOGNITO MODE...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AUTO SCROLLING WHEN INCOGNITO MODE...: I started using W10 3 weeks ago and realized when I am in incognito windows it scrolls on its own and ifs very frustating! WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? Regards....
  8. Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows How to Create Google Chrome Incognito Mode Shortcut in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and bookmarks...
  9. Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can...
  10. Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and...