Windows 10: Incoming VPN won't connect after hibernating

Discus and support Incoming VPN won't connect after hibernating in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have setup an incoming VPN in Windows 10. It connects both internally and over the net, but once my computer is hibernated and started back up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2024301, Sep 22, 2015.

1. 2024301 Win User

Incoming VPN won't connect after hibernating

I have setup an incoming VPN in Windows 10. It connects both internally and over the net, but once my computer is hibernated and started back up Windows will not accept the incoming connection. Once I restart again, everything is back to normal and I can connect. Not too sure what is going on - any ideas would be appreciated! *Wink

:)

2024301, Sep 22, 2015
  2. Mike7z Win User

incoming VPN connection settings are lost after reboot

it was working fine in Win 8 & 8.1, since upgrade to Win 10 I have to setup incomming VPN connection after reboot, ****?

I'm using buildin VPN, no additional software

Mike7z, Sep 22, 2015
  3. 歌荆 Win User
    The incoming connection(VPN server) in windows can not be connected(code 868)

I have set up my VPN server/incoming connection as this:

I can connect to the server computer using remote desktop but can not connect to it using VPN.

When I am trying to connect to the server computer by VPN, I got error code 868 immediately.

Where is the problem?

When I set up my incoming connection, it told me to remember the COMPUTER NAME and will be used later.

However, I can not find where to using when set up a VPN connection on another computer.

PS:I have tested this both in win10 and win8, but got the same failure.

歌荆, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Welcome to the forums 2024301. Try going to device manager, right click you nic, on the power management tab make sure the setting for allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is unchecked.

Incoming VPN won't connect after hibernating [​IMG]

5. 2024301 Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion and screenshot, I unticked this, but unfortunately I'm still having the issue :/

2024301, Sep 25, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Maybe re-installing the driver will help

7. 2024301 Win User
    I could give it a try, almost feel it's more an issue with the OS, but I don't know. Amongst other issues I'm regretting upgrading from Windows 7!

2024301, Sep 25, 2015
  8. Dude Win User

9. 2024301 Win User
    I am connecting to my home computer via an incoming VPN, so I can access local devices on my network. I have setup the incoming connection in Windows, connecting to a separate user account that I have created just for the VPN. The account is an administrator account.

I have forwarded port 1723 on my router to my home computer. Everything works and I can connect remotely over the internet, until I hibernate and start the computer up again - I then can't connect until I restart Windows. I'm not sure whether using the other account could be causing the issue, I think I remember also trying to connect with my main account, without success, but I could try this again.

On the other side I'm using an android client to connect to the VPN, have also tried another Windows machine without success. Thanks in advance Incoming VPN won't connect after hibernating :)

2024301, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Incoming VPN won't connect after hibernating - Similar Threads - Incoming VPN won't

2. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  3. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PPTP VPN won't connect: So today I decided to use Windows built-in VPN where you get the IP address, username and password from a certain website. You see, sometimes when I use the PPTP protocol it will randomly fail to connect for a day and goes back to normal in the next day. The error message is...
  4. PPTP VPN won't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows VPN communicating but won't connect

Windows VPN communicating but won't connect: Hi, I've set up a computer as a VPN server to accept incoming connections. It appears to be listening on the PPTP port 1723 - if I type netstat -a it is listening on that port. However, I can't seem to connect to the server. It does appear to communicate with the server...
  6. Incoming VPN Connection - IPV6 not working

Incoming VPN Connection - IPV6 not working: My Laptop, running Windows 10 Pro, Build 19042.630, regularly receives incoming VPN connections via its IPv4 address without problems. Port 1723 is open as verified in CMD. Expectedly, “netstat -aon” returns the result “TCP 0.0.0.0:1723, Status: Listening”. I want the...
  7. Incoming VPN connection does not work on Windows 10

Incoming VPN connection does not work on Windows 10: Hi, I have Windows 10 2004 installed on my machine and setup incoming VPN connection so I can use this computer as VPN server. However it does not work when I tried to connect to this computer from my other computer/phone in the same intranet. Routing and remote access is...
  8. Won't Hibernation after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Won't Hibernation after Sleep: My laptop will wake up in 30minutes after sleep, which is supposed to go into hibernation, instead, it just stay awake. My power setting is: sleep after - 15min hybrid sleep - off hibernation after - 30min wakeup timer - off Also, when I see event, there is this:...
  9. Multiple Incoming Connections via VPN?

Multiple Incoming Connections via VPN?: I've had an old PC that I've been experimenting with and have been turning into a NAS for my data so I can access it whenever necessary. I currently have the built-in Windows "Incoming Connections" VPN set up, and I've got it working good. But in the future I plan to have...
  10. VPN incoming Network connection

VPN incoming Network connection: Hi, on Win 7 I created an incoming VPN connection Using my laptop to VPN to that PC I not only had access to my own network, but also could use Internet with my home IP address. This helped in watching TV when in a foreign country *Smile I have tried to connect both to...