Windows 10: Incorrect date format - on Lock Screen only

Discus and support Incorrect date format - on Lock Screen only in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Region is set to Canada, and Language is set to English. In Settings, the Date and Time format correctly summarizes how the various date formats... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StardustVancouver, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Incorrect date format - on Lock Screen only

My Region is set to Canada, and Language is set to English. In Settings, the Date and Time format correctly summarizes how the various date formats should appear. Long date should appear as: Thursday, August 23, 2018. This is how it appears on the desktop taskbar.

However on the Lock Screen (and nowhere else), the Long Date displays as: Thursday, 23 August 2018. I assume this is a European format, and it's been driving me nuts for over a year.

I see that other users have reported the same issue, and have also been unable to resolve it.

What will it take to get this fixed?

:)

StardustVancouver, Aug 23, 2018
  2. djabf Win User

Lock Screen Date Format Incorrect

The date format on the Windows Phone 8 lock screen does not match the regional format in Settings -> language+region.

I have the following regional settings set:

Phone language: English

Country/Region: Australia

Regional format: Australia

Regional format example (Date): Tuesday, 3 June 2014

However, the lock screen displays:

Tuesday

June 3

How can I make the lock screen show Day Month rather than Month Day?

djabf, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Windows 10 Lock Screen date format

We appreciate the information that you've given. This issue may have occurred due to the selected Format under Region. There are locations that happen to follow a certain date and time format. To correct the format, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows icon + X and select Control Panel.
    • On the Control Panel window, select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Region, select Change date, time, or number formats.
    • On the Region window, under Formats tab, select
      English (United States) on the drop-down menu on Format.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    • Check your lock screen. (Attached is a reference photo)

• Incorrect date format - on Lock Screen only [​IMG]

Kindly get back to us with the results.

Xylee Del, Aug 24, 2018
  4. fede777 Win User

Incorrect date format - on Lock Screen only

Date format in lock screen

Hi, I'm a new user posting here, but I've been using 7formus for a lot of time. The guides are just amazing. I installed Windows 10 yesterday and used a lot of registry hacks already.

I'm having a little problem with the new lock screen, and maybe you guys can figure it out.

I'm from Argentina, I use Windows in English but I choose Spanish (Argentina) in region and format in control panel.

What I can't figure out is how to get the day of the week and month with the first letter uppercase, here's a couple screens to show what happens when I choose English vs. Spanish

Spanish format, notice how the date on the lock screen looks just bad

Incorrect date format - on Lock Screen only [​IMG]

And in English looks much better

Is there any way to make it uppercase in Spanish?

Thanks for any help

fede777, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Incorrect date format - on Lock Screen only

1. Incorrect date format - on Lock Screen only - Similar Threads - Incorrect date format

2. Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Photo App Collections has incorrect date format: Default date inside Win 10 photo app is backwards. Photo app Collections where all photos are shows month of May 2021 and below that 01/05 - 30/05 instead of 05/01-05/30 USA date style. PC date is correct format. How to change Photo App to correct date format?...
  3. date format

date format: Why don't I have the month/day/year option in the date format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/a1b705b5-e73b-4fdf-b91d-d08f0b59f8a0
  4. Date format

Date format: Must include the date format dd/mm/yyyy in the Bangladesh regional setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/4a639cd7-22d2-4de5-93e3-68066bc2d133
  5. Change date format ONLY for the taskbar in Windows 10

Change date format ONLY for the taskbar in Windows 10: Is it possible to set a different date format exclusively for the taskbar in Windows 10? More specifically, while "yyyy/MM/dd" is my favorite short-date format across all the different system options in Windows 10, when it comes to the taskbar I find useless to display the...
  6. Lock screen clock format

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen clock format: Hello, As we all know the lock screen clock is in 24 Hrs format. How can I change it to 12 Hrs? I am using windows 10 Home edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-clock-format/e89a5951-2208-4216-8e95-8a5c829372bf
  7. Win10: Incorrect Date Format (only on Lock Screen) - SOLVED

Win10: Incorrect Date Format (only on Lock Screen) - SOLVED: I posted this issue November 21, 2018, and have just now discovered how to resolve it (albeit not happy about the workaround required!). I'm posting this update in the spirit of helping others experiencing the same problem. Note: It's possible that this issue is only...
  8. incorrect date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    incorrect date: The date and time on my Surface Book Pro Windows 10 is correct. But if a create a new file, the date is wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-date/486fc3cc-7ace-4dca-8dd7-ba03bd9c631b"
  9. Date format in lock screen

Date format in lock screen: Hi, I'm a new user posting here, but I've been using 7formus for a lot of time. The guides are just amazing. I installed Windows 10 yesterday and used a lot of registry hacks already. I'm having a little problem with the new lock screen, and maybe you guys can figure it...
  10. Time format incorrect on lock screen after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Time format incorrect on lock screen after restart: I sign in with my MS account (administrator) and after signing in and using win+l the time format is correct hh:mm (24hr) but after each restart the time format reverts to h:m (12hr). This after successfully upgrading from 8.1 pro 64bit to 10. What am I missing? Thanks 18501

Users found this page by searching for:

1. date format on lock screen

2. cortana incorrect date format