Windows 10: Incorrect password AFTER updating.

Discus and support Incorrect password AFTER updating. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok so this has been driving me crazy for the last two months now. Everyday I log into my computer fine with my PIN number and my password. Finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mdavey1994, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Incorrect password AFTER updating.

Ok so this has been driving me crazy for the last two months now. Everyday I log into my computer fine with my PIN number and my password. Finally after accepting a windows update time, once it restarts and asks for my password, it tells me that the password is incorrect.

I have reset this THREE times and even written it down on paper to make sure I wasn't crazy. If I click 'Forgotten my password'. it loads for ages and then then tells me that it could not reach the system administrator or something.

I'm then stuck at a log in screen. I have to reset my computer and then it reverts to an older version of windows and I'm back at square one.

Immensely frustrating. Any ideas?

:)

mdavey1994, Jul 8, 2018
  2. jeffMNMN Win User

The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Microsoft Account Password Incorrect!

Thanks for your reply.

Like I said in the post before, I did not set up two-step verification. After the hard reset, when the account did not sync due to 'incorrect password', I tried to set it up and then accessed the MS Account with the app password but it still declared the
    password incorrect. I immediately turned off two-step.

Need help,

Sucharita.

Sucharita De, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Incorrect password AFTER updating.

"incorrect password" at startup

Hi,

As you are facing issues with unlocking the laptop with password while rebooting the system for first time, we will help you.

I suggest you to check if your issue matches with the below thread. If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Wasim Asad on August 18, 2015 and check if it resolves your issue.

When trying to sign into Windows 10 for the first time, I
    get the error “That password is incorrect.”

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of unlocking the laptop for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

Incorrect password AFTER updating.

1. Incorrect password AFTER updating. - Similar Threads - Incorrect password updating

2. Incorrect local password after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect local password after Windows 10 update: I updated my windows 10 and now i cannot login to use my computer. Once i turn on the system and put my password, it tells me incorrect password. I searched for solutions involving safe mode and throught the use if command prompt but i the command prompt and safe mode are...
  3. Update and incorrect password

Update and incorrect password: Hi, I've been having what seems to be a common problem in that after updates, I get "incorrect password" despite having the correct one. I have tried all the listed solutions but uninstalling quality update features every time is the only way to get back in. Please advise on...
  4. incorrect password error after update

incorrect password error after update: After windows update, my computer was constantly asking for password, and today it’s not letting me past the password screen. Have not changed password but keeps saying it’s incorrect. All this started after last windows update I did on January 28th...
  5. Laptop password incorrect after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop password incorrect after update: I chose the Update and Restart option on my computer. After the update was done, I entered my laptop password and it appeared to be incorrect. It is, however the right password. I saw on the Internet that it is a problem that occurs sometimes, but I did not find any working...
  6. Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect Password after Windows 10 update: I am unable to login to my computer after an automatic update of Windows10 last night. Keep getting "Incorrect Password". Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-password-after-windows-10-update/7081620e-3392-4b2b-bac4-cfcdfd502630
  7. Incorrect password after sept 2020 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Incorrect password after sept 2020 update: Hello everyone! I updated my computer last night and today it keeps telling me “incorrect password error”. However I don’t even have a password for it, I usually press login and that’s it. Now the error appears instead and, as I can’t type anything because I don’t use a...
  8. Cannot login after updating, password incorrect

Cannot login after updating, password incorrect: I disabled startup apps and updated my windows 10 core i5 7th gen HP laptop and I haven’t been able to login since. Password incorrect error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-login-after-updating-password-incorrect/7dccea1a-547c-4a46-9e96-90a38c1cb42d
  9. Incorrect Login Password After Update Version 1903

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Incorrect Login Password After Update Version 1903: Hello, I have a login problem on my windows 10 right after I updated it to version 1903. I used my old passwords and all passwords that I remember but it still says Incorrect password. It still work fine last night. After i shutdown and try to login today, I got the error...
  10. incorrect password after netplwiz

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    incorrect password after netplwiz: Hello. I wanted to disable login password to I ran netplwiz and unchecked that requirement. It worked, but now when I turn on my computer, it says my password or username is incorrect. I click ok and it gives me two "users" on the lower left hand corner. I choose the correct...