Windows 10: Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen.

Discus and support Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My parents are having an issue logging on to their computer. It seems that my mother miss-typed her microsoft email address when she activated it. Now... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by honus03, Jun 8, 2016.

1. honus03 Win User

Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen.

My parents are having an issue logging on to their computer. It seems that my mother miss-typed her microsoft email address when she activated it. Now she has a login in screen that asks for a password for the miss-typed account address. She cannot get past this screen since she does not know the password. Does anyone know how to change the email account on the login screen so that she can attempt to login in to her computer?

:)

honus03, Jun 8, 2016

2. Windows 10 password won’t work after reinstall

I reinstalled window 10 on my surface pro and now the login screen says my password is incorrect. I changed password a few times but the windows 10 login screen won’t take it. Any suggestions. Also, I don’t have power button showing up on screen so can’t
    restart windows 10 in safe mode.

AadilAbbas, Jun 8, 2016
  3. nerigobiz Win User
    Locked out

I am having the exact problem my login screen says my password is incorrect , doubled check by logging into my Windows account in another computer and all okay. name is ok , pw ok, and I also see my devices . Please advice._?Login screen goes quickly
    to WELCOME and then shifts to password incorrect.

nerigobiz, Jun 8, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi honus03 and welcome to Tenforums.

I think you should be able to enable the Hidden Administrator Account using option #4 here:
    Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Once in, create the correct account, delete the incorrect account, and then re-hide the Hidden Administrator Account.

simrick, Jun 8, 2016
  5. honus03 Win User
    Ok, Thanks for the info. I will try that this weekend when I go out there.

honus03, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Incorrect password on Windows 10 login screen. - Similar Threads - Incorrect password login

2. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting login password incorrect: Hey i had the problem where my PIN wasn't working so I tried troubleshooting and whenever I try troubleshoot like start repair or command prompt it tells me to enter my password for account but when I do it says password is incorrect for no reason any help?...
  3. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting login password incorrect: Hey i had the problem where my PIN wasn't working so I tried troubleshooting and whenever I try troubleshoot like start repair or command prompt it tells me to enter my password for account but when I do it says password is incorrect for no reason any help?...
  4. Troubleshooting login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Login Incorrect Password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Login Incorrect Password: Weirdest thing happened to me this morning. Woke up and found that I'm unable to login to my laptop even with the correct password. All the other login options also disappeared (fingerprint & PIN). Fortunately I was able to change my password using another admin account in...
  6. Windows 10 login screen saying "Password is incorrect" after installing update

Windows 10 login screen saying "Password is incorrect" after installing update: Hello. After I installed the new update, tried logging into Windows 10, but it says that my password is incorrect. I have NOT forgotten the password, as I have used it for a very long time. I have tried using the virtual keyboard -- password still does not work.Used multiple...
  7. Can't login, correct password incorrect.

Can't login, correct password incorrect.: My computer was booting to a black screen that I kept restarting to to try to fix. After it finally booted correctly the resolution looked messed up and my correct password is saying incorrect. I can't access any of the troubleshoot options as it says I need my account...
  8. "Incorrect Password" windows login April 2020

"Incorrect Password" windows login April 2020: After an automatic update, I cannot login to my user account on my laptop. I type the same password I HAVE ALWAYS USED and it tells me it is incorrect. I login to my Microsoft account in another device and change the password and it still says INCORRECT PASSWORD. I have...
  9. Login password suddenly incorrect

Login password suddenly incorrect: My little brother's computer does not allow him to login with the password anymore for some reason and i'm trying to figure it out why. What i am confident on is that we're typing in the correct password and that this occured sometime on friday. With that said though, is...
  10. Unable to login to PC password incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login to PC password incorrect: I was active Safe Boot. Then after restart windows 10 in my lonovo lap, i cant access password . Its sayd incorrect .. I check the key bord and tring on screen key bord. Pls help me.. ***Original title : Safe Boot restart password incorrect***...