Windows 10: Incorrect UserName

Discus and support Incorrect UserName in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I installed Windows 10 last May and it choose the first 5 letters of my Hotmail username. I tried to modify that from User Account but then it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cdnhermit, Aug 3, 2018.

1. cdnhermit Win User

Incorrect UserName

Hello, I installed Windows 10 last May and it choose the first 5 letters of my Hotmail username. I tried to modify that from User Account but then it kind of created a second layer of user name: i.e. I have C:\Users\cdnhe and I also have a folder with the other name in my Windows Explorer just above This PC folder. How can I correct that and have only one UserName, the One I Want? Thank you

* Moved from Insider

:)

cdnhermit, Aug 3, 2018

2. Incorrect Username in Windows 10 User folder

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

You may follow the steps suggested by
    Sayan_Ghosh (replied on November 12, 2015) in the following threads and check if it helps

Windows 10 incorrect username in C:\Users\xxx

Windows 10 incorrect username in C:\Users\xxx

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Username or password incorrect

I've previously run netplwiz from the command prompt to disable the sign in process in Windows 10.

Incorrect UserName [​IMG]

Which worked fine in build 10049 but in 10158 & 10166 I now get this error message

I don't understand how this message can appear as no password has been entered at this stage.
    Pressing OK, or waiting 2 minutes results in this screen

Entering the PIN or password from the sign-in option continues the login process.
    Apart from starting again from scratch, any ideas on how to correct this.

WightWalker, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

Incorrect UserName

Username or password incorrect

I agree that the lock screen is useless, pressing any key raises it to reveal your email!
    They should hide the email!
    You can, however, login in to OneDrive and edit your moniker and create an alias email, which doesn't exist and is not verified.

(I blurred it anyway even though it's a BS email)

Edwin, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Incorrect UserName

1. Incorrect UserName - Similar Threads - Incorrect UserName

2. All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect': Hi, First thing on the morning of Sept 11, on my Win11 PC I noticed that my share Z: drive to my NAS was down. From then on when I tried to reestablish the connection it fails with 'The username or password is incorrect'. I have not changed this UID/PW pair and it continues...
  3. All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All network shares are failing with 'The username or password is incorrect': Hi, First thing on the morning of Sept 11, on my Win11 PC I noticed that my share Z: drive to my NAS was down. From then on when I tried to reestablish the connection it fails with 'The username or password is incorrect'. I have not changed this UID/PW pair and it continues...
  4. username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC: I have a login issue on the domain account Windows 10 workstations. The user login without any issue at first and after a couple of logins they got a username and password incorrect error. my administrator account also not working but I know it is the correct username and...
  5. username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC

username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC: I have a login issue on the domain account Windows 10 workstations. The user login without any issue at first and after a couple of logins they got a username and password incorrect error. my administrator account also not working but I know it is the correct username and...
  6. username and password incorrect Windows 10 PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. every time I install a fresh copy of Windows, my old incorrect username appears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time I install a fresh copy of Windows, my old incorrect username appears.: In the past, I accidentally used an incorrect username. Now, whenever I perform a fresh installation of the Windows operating system, this old and incorrect username keeps appearing. This is causing me inconvenience and I would like to find a solution to prevent this from...
  8. every time I install a fresh copy of Windows, my old incorrect username appears.

every time I install a fresh copy of Windows, my old incorrect username appears.: In the past, I accidentally used an incorrect username. Now, whenever I perform a fresh installation of the Windows operating system, this old and incorrect username keeps appearing. This is causing me inconvenience and I would like to find a solution to prevent this from...
  9. every time I install a fresh copy of Windows, my old incorrect username appears.

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Updated username with 'netplwiz' but still showing incorrect in users on C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated username with 'netplwiz' but still showing incorrect in users on C Drive: Hi,I have updated my username using 'netplwiz' but in 'c drive, users' the name is still incorrect. I tried through the settings, change an account but 'change account name' isn't showing.I have windows 11.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 incorrect username in C:\Users\xxx