Windows 10: Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in

Discus and support Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys! I have a very weird problem which I'll try to summarize as clearly as possible. I have upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 using the free upgrade... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Darcorn, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Darcorn Win User

Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in

Hi guys!

I have a very weird problem which I'll try to summarize as clearly as possible.

I have upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 using the free upgrade option. Back then I was using the old hotmail account password. Since it was converted to a Microsoft account, Windows says that my password is incorrect during login (good thing I've my PIN set up)

Problem is that my Windows 10 account is displayed as @HOTmail.com whereas my Microsoft account is @gmail.com

How do I change accounts from within Windows 10?

Thanks

:)

Darcorn, Jun 8, 2017
  2. JoeNamco Win User

"Incorrect Password" error when logging in to Windows 10

Did you click on password help? also can you correct the spelling in your posting title.

JoeNamco, Jun 8, 2017
  3. "Incorrect Password" error when logging in to Windows 10

My laptop runs on Windows 10 Home Edition. I cannot login to my desktop using my password. It says "incorrect password". But this is the ONLY password I use on the device. Pls help.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

MichaelWanYW, Jun 8, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

A Hotmail account is also a Microsoft account. If you sign in to Windows 10 using your Hotmail account, you need to use the Hotmail account password. If signing in with Gmail account, you have to use Gmail password.

Kari, Jun 8, 2017
  5. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Jun 8, 2017
  6. Mystere Win User
    Actually, when signing in with an MSA account tied to a gmail (or any other non-MS email), you need to use the password you created when you created the MSA account. This is not necessarily your gmail password, unless you used the same password for your gmail account when you created the MSA account.

The MSA account only uses the email as a username, and does not authenticate against the non-MS email service.

Also note that if you change your gmail password, it won't be reflected in your MSA account using the gmail ID, you will also have to change the MSA password if you want them to be the same.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in - Similar Threads - Incorrect password logging

2. Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not: When trying to log into my PC, Windows prompts me to enter my Microsoft password. After having done that, it does not accept the password and says that it is incorrect. I know that password I entered is correct because I am able to log into my Microsoft account via the...
  3. 'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    'that password is incorrect; it is correct. still will not log on.: Hello. Hoping someone can help with this. I tried to log onto my Aspire M laptop. I used it the other day with no problem. This morning I tried to use my computer it said my password was incorrect. I can not get past the log in screen. It states that my password is...
  4. "Password incorrect" when attempting to log in to admin account in recovery password is not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Password incorrect" when attempting to log in to admin account in recovery password is not...: Hi there - For the past week or so I've been dealing with some file system corruption errors, which has required a restart so that Windows can make repairs. When Windows is done scanning and repairing my drive, it launches into an additional recovery mode to complete the...
  5. Minecraft for Windows 10 will not log in/ incorrect password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 will not log in/ incorrect password: Hello I have just logged into the Microsoft Store and purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 on my win 10 PC. Then from the MS store, I then pressed 'play' Minecraft. I then press 'sign in', it then says 'Use windows hello with your account'. I do not know what this is, but...
  6. Suddenly my password is incorrect when logging into Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly my password is incorrect when logging into Windows 10.: Hello. I have always used the same local login password on the Windows 10 login page that appears immediately after i turn on my desktop. However, today I was informed that the password was incorrect and to try again. I have tried several reboots and numerous attempts at...
  7. Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password

Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password: I restarted my computer and now I am unable to log in I have windows 10. It keeps telling me that "the password is incorrect. Try again." I am using the same password I have used since purchase six weeks ago. To give a history of yesterday, my daughters friend downloaded...
  8. Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts

Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts: Hoping someone has an answer for this. I have a Windows 10 machine. It has a corp image, and is on the corp domain. I have the power options set so that it never turns off the display, or goes to sleep. When I leave for the day, I lock the computer. When I return the...
  9. Cannot Log in to Windows 10 after reinstall - password incorrect

Cannot Log in to Windows 10 after reinstall - password incorrect: I had to reinstall my Windows 10 Home 64bit because it couldn't be reset. It is an Acer Aspire 4820TG - which is an old machine but Windows 10 has been running on it up until now. I downloaded ISO media to a flash drive. All seemed to go well until I tried to log in. Now it...
  10. Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.: I can not log onto my computer. The pin logon option does not come up . Only the password. It states my password is wrong. I can not get online to change password....