Windows 10: Increase Graphics memory

Discus and support Increase Graphics memory in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys.. My laptop have an Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics processor. I have 2GB ram and i am planning to upgrade it to 8GB as my laptop supports... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ajs11, Feb 17, 2016.

1. ajs11 Win User

Increase Graphics memory

Hi guys..
    My laptop have an Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics processor. I have 2GB ram and i am planning to upgrade it to 8GB as my laptop supports upto 8GB( 4GB*2).
    Now I have only 64MB dedicated graphics memory and around 700 MB shared memory. I wish to know if I can increase my graphics shared or dedicated memory after increasing my RAM . My BIOS does not allow to do it . Is there any other method or any third party software??
    Is there any way in windows 10 to do this??

:)

ajs11, Feb 17, 2016
  2. slance310 Win User

Dedicated Ram and Total Available Memory and shared System Memory????help increase it.

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge, that may be something that is not changeable...

You are already sharing some of your 6Gb with the graphics when it is needed...

About the only way to increase your Video memory would be with a Graphics adapter with more onboard memory, or increase your System memory so that more can be shared...

slance310, Feb 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 ISSUE

My Graphic card is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400

Total Available Graphic Memory : 3165 MB

Dedicated Video Memory : 128 MB

System Video Memory : 0 MB

Shared System Memory : 3037

My question is how can I increase my Graphics memory so I can get a good FPS in my game because it shows I have somewhere around 3 GB intel graphic card, but in my game I hardly get not more than 70 FPS , after my research I saw that we can Increase our
    dedicated memory from BIOS but in my LAPTOP BIOS I can't find an option of Graphics Configuration, my laptop HP 15 f018dx

please tell me anyway to increase my memory so I can get better FPS in my games, THANKYOU

Owais Idrees, Feb 17, 2016
  4. LMiller7 Win User

Increase Graphics memory

I don't believe you can do this. Such options are rarely available in laptops.

LMiller7, Feb 17, 2016
  5. ajs11 Win User
    ajs11, Feb 17, 2016
  6. Archie123 Win User
    You wont need to windows will automatically compensate for the extra ram and allocate it as needed. The old bios option to increase dedicated integrated gpu ram is no longer used. *Smile

Archie123, Feb 17, 2016
  7. ajs11 Win User
    That means I only have to add more RAM and Windows will do the rest. Isn't it ???

ajs11, Feb 17, 2016
  8. Archie123 Win User

Increase Graphics memory

yes , but like i said its dynamic , itll utilise ram if it needs it it wont if it doesnt *Smile

Archie123, Feb 17, 2016
  9. Archie123 Win User
    There is an MS tech paper on it somewhere (thats where i got the info from originally) it was linked on a forum but i cant find it now . . .so you'll just have to trust me *Wink

Archie123, Feb 17, 2016
  10. ajs11 Win User
    How much can the graphics card use from 8GB ram??

ajs11, Feb 17, 2016
  11. ajs11 Win User
    Thanks a lot for your quick replies...

ajs11, Feb 17, 2016
  12. Archie123 Win User
    erm...........im not sure sorry *chuckle

Its normally high texture settings and the like that use up alot of gpu ram , also newer games are starting to use it as a cache but i dont think that would be the case if you dont have dedicated gpu ram

Archie123, Feb 17, 2016
  13. Increase Graphics memory

I once met a guy who claimed that he could increase his graphics RAM by editing Registry values. I told him he was a moron. If it really was that simple then every PC gamer could have a high end rig and pay nothing.

AnonVendetta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Increase Graphics memory

1. Increase Graphics memory - Similar Threads - Increase Graphics memory

2. Increase memory usage in Win-11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase memory usage in Win-11?: Hi, I have a NEW install of Win-11-ProI have a computer with 8-core Xeon CPU an 64gb RAM, 2tb SSDI want to get the most out of my computer I see that Win-11 is only using 8gb of RAMIs there any way to increase the amount of RAM Win-11 uses so that I can get Faster performance...
  3. Memory graphics error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory graphics error: Why is the memory graphics level on my device at 0 MB, when the total space is 256 MB?. How can I fix it, and get it working at full capacity? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/memory-graphics-error/000b9863-3cbf-4142-9417-12f9af3a5c7d
  4. to increase shared gpu memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to increase shared gpu memory: I really want your help in this question rapidly laptop : dell inspiron 15 3576 win 10 pro cpu : i7-8550u ram : 8 gb 2nd gpu : amd radeon 520 my problem is that I am playing a gme requiring high...
  5. Increase Memory Usasge After update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increase Memory Usasge After update: Prior to the windows KB4524244 update my memory usage was right around 7% - Running at 32gb memory I am now using idle 12% memory without Firefox, Chrome, or internet explorer running. I find it a bit annoying that my machine with 32GB Ram/memory is operating at idle as if it...
  6. Increasing Intergrated Graphics Memory Size

Increasing Intergrated Graphics Memory Size: So I've recently got Assassin's Syndicated but since I have a low end computer, it looks, well, you get the idea. In the setting I saw it says 1869/128mb of memory used so I thought maybe increasing the actual memory for the graphics card would fix, the only *working*...
  7. Increasing graphics video memory allocation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increasing graphics video memory allocation: How do I increase graphics video memory allocation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increasing-graphics-video-memory-allocation/c78dbb7a-a29a-49ff-a759-8ad770dda0f6
  8. Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory

Use my graphics card memory has dedicated graphics memory: i have an hp 15 note book with an AMD A8 processor and 4 gb of ram i have a graphics card of 2gb Radeon HD 8500 R5 series graphics cad. all my games and design based software have issues running because the dedicated graphics memory is only 512MB. who do in use the full 2 gb...
  9. Will memory increase make noticeable difference?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will memory increase make noticeable difference?: I'm thinking about upgrading from 4GB to 8GB on my Dell Vostro desktop machine with an I-3 processor, running Windows 10. I run pretty generic stuff, but use Kodi for streaming video. This may be a dumb question, but do you think it would make much of a difference in...
  10. Memory leak (usage gradually increases)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Memory leak (usage gradually increases): Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I have noticed something. The memory usage gradually increases over time (starts off just under 30%, takes only a few days to climb to 50%, depending on how many programs I use) and I inevitably have to reboot, after which the whole cycle...