Windows 10: Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons

Discus and support Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The FONT size of my surface 3 desktop icons needs to be LARGER. NOTE: do not tell me how to get larger icons tell me how to get the NAME under the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by One eye, Jan 5, 2018.

1. One eye Win User

Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons

The FONT size of my surface 3 desktop icons needs to be LARGER.

NOTE: do not tell me how to get larger icons
    tell me how to get the NAME under the icons LARGER?

Windows 11 was re-installed in late December 2017 so I do not need to go get any updates.

:)

One eye, Jan 5, 2018

2. Font Size

How can I increase the font size in Windows without screen magnification increasing as well? I know how to go into settings--display--scale, but this increases the image as well as the font size. All I want to do is to increase the font size. For example,
    on the desktop there are icons with titles, and the titles are too small although the icon is enlarged. Thank you.

DonnaSmith1, Jan 5, 2018
  3. bazwalker Win User
    Icon fonts

How can I increase the size of the desktop icon font?

bazwalker, Jan 5, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello @One eye , welcome to tenforums! *Smile

Option Two here:

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Edwin, Jan 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Increase & or change the font size of desktop icons - Similar Threads - Increase change font

2. Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to make icons and folders larger, Change their Font, Font Size, or increase...: I want to make the icons/folders bigger so they're easier to see, being able to change the font, and what I want most is to be able to determine the number of characters icons/folders can have in their name before the name is cut short with an ellipses and I mean aside from...
  3. Increase ICON label font size???????

Increase ICON label font size???????: Seems I can adjust all the font sizes in Windows 10 and ICON sizes but the ICON labels remain tiny. Any fix coming for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-icon-label-font-size/f56feeaf-3894-4e38-9eba-2b9d5fdcad0d
  4. change icon size and fonts on desktop

change icon size and fonts on desktop: change icon size and fonts on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-icon-size-and-fonts-on-desktop/b284d108-f2ea-4846-ae65-18ea60ea1143
  5. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  6. How to Increase/change the font size on AOL Desktop Gold?

How to Increase/change the font size on AOL Desktop Gold?: MAY 30 2019 HOW TO CHANGE SMALL FONTS TO LARGE IN AOL DESKTOP GOLD FOR INTERNET? *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ***Modified the title from AOL DESKTOP GOLD ON INTERNET AND OFF IS TO SMALL***...
  7. Changing font and font size on desktop

Changing font and font size on desktop: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-font-and-font-size-on-desktop/76529b09-798a-4dc6-bfba-eca382f2a8d4
  8. Changing Desktop font size

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop font size: Is there another control to change the Desktop Font Size other than display settings also the font used UPDATE: Never mind - found it 52187
  9. Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons/Fonts change sizes by themselves randomly: My friend can walk away from his computer and come back and the desktop icons/fonts will have changed sizes. It also randomly happens while using the computer/browsing. I have read about other people having this problem with desktop icons but have not found a solution. Any...
  10. Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Font Size of Desktop Icon Label: Good day. I wish to know if there is a way to change the font size/style (bold, etc.) of the icon labels ONLY on the desktop screen. I've tried the Control Panel method (Appearance & Personalization -> Display) that allows me to change the fonts for 'ICONS'. However,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do I change the font in the task bar

2. increase font size on desktop icons

3. how to increase the size of text size on desktop