Windows 10: Increase recent items list

Discus and support Increase recent items list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces: Note: By default 10 most recent items are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by woldsweather, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Increase recent items list

I would like to increase the size of the recent items list. I find this recommendation in several p0laces:

Note: By default 10 most recent items are shown in Jump List for any application. You can however, change the number from default 10 to something else.
    How to change the number of recent items to display in Jump Lists using Registry edit:
    Press Windows + R keys, type in regedit and press Enter.
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    In the right pane double click on the Start_JumpListItems to modify it.
    Enter a number between 0 to 60.
    Restart the computer.
    Windows 10 Tutorials 81 – Change the Number of Recent Items to Display in Jump Lists

However I have done that and the recent items list stays at 15. How can I increase it?

:)

woldsweather, Dec 10, 2017
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

W10: Increase number of recent/pinned items in Jump Lists

Just type 'Feedback' into the Search Box on the Task Bar and you should find the option to activate the Feedback app

Erdeslawe, Dec 10, 2017
  3. Chris L M Win User
    W10: Increase number of recent/pinned items in Jump Lists

Will do, thanks Arul.

Chris L M, Dec 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Increase recent items list

dalchina, Dec 11, 2017
  5. Ah hadn't spotted the decimal bit mine was on hexa so that's probably it thanks.

woldsweather, Dec 11, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    One up for Brink.. the author.. *Smile

dalchina, Dec 11, 2017
  7. O dear I though a reboot would do the trick but it still wont save more than 15 despite me changing the registry to 60 items.

woldsweather, Dec 11, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

It may be that if you're using 1709 MS has set a limit now... just a guess..

See comment post #12 after the tutorial (although Brink says that was incorporated).

Does this help at all?
    Jump list limit - Microsoft Community

dalchina, Dec 11, 2017
  9. I don't know what 1709 MS is but I updated with the fall creators update and it was the same before and after the update.

woldsweather, Dec 12, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    Sorry I will expand for you...
    It may be that if you're using Windows major build 1709 - the Fall Creator's Upgrade- that MS (Microsoft) has set a limit now... just a guess..

dalchina, Dec 12, 2017
  11. Yes I am see my prvious post. It wouldn't budge from 15 in the jump list either before or after the update.

12. Edwin New Member
    The entry you need to create/modify is JumpListItems_Maximum,

not Start_JumpListItems

... matter of fact, if you need to create the former, you should delete the latter.

Edwin, Dec 12, 2017
  13. Increase recent items list

Increase recent items list [​IMG]

Increase recent items list [​IMG]

Yes that's what I have

14. Don't know where the 96 cme from I put 60, will edit and try again.

woldsweather, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Increase recent items list - Similar Threads - Increase recent items

2. How to increase the number of Jump List items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase the number of Jump List items in Windows 10: Windows 10 by default displays 12 items in the Taskbar Jump Lists. In Windows 7 you could change this number via Taskbar and Start Menu Properties, Now this is no longer possible. Increase number of Jump List items in Windows 10 If you want to change or increase the number of...
  3. Recent Items List incomplete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Items List incomplete: The Recent Items list in Windows Explorer is often incomplete, only showing 15 or so items when I know there should be 50. The list is missing all items accessed prior to 2:42 PM. Nothing happened today, such as a Windows update, although I did shut down the PC and restart...
  4. Recent Items Directory Folder...Want to increase default of 150 items

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Items Directory Folder...Want to increase default of 150 items: Windows 10 Home version...Recent Items Directory Folder in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\ has a default of 150 items. How do i increase this number to say 200? Is this default number stored in the registry or a Local Group Policy? Please note this has nothing to do with...
  5. Recent Items Directory Folder...Want to increase default of 150 items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Items Directory Folder...Want to increase default of 150 items: Windows 10...Recent Items Directory Folder in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\ has a default of 150 items. How do i increase this number to say 200? Is this default number stored in the registry or a Local Group Policy? Please note this has nothing to do with the Quick...
  6. Recent items list not updating

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items list not updating: I'm not sure what happened, possible one of Microsoft's updates. Since September 22, my recent items list has not updated but the last update is dated September 19th, 3 days earlier, so perhaps that's not it. Since I use it frequently to access files that I'm using often...
  7. Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Recently opened items not appearing in jump lists: The recently-opened items are not appearing in start menu jump lists despite the correct setting (see sceenshot). Any advice? Thanks. [img] 42013
  8. Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists

in Windows 10 Support
    Increase Number of Items in Jump Lists: As title says I'm wanting to know if there's a way to increase the amount of items can be stuffed into a taskbar jumplist. My reason is, I've used the jumplist feature in Windows 7 for Steam to give quicker access to some of the options you can only access by...
  9. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?: Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the...
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689